including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 25 May 2019, 01:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Use it or lose it
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2019, 14:03 

Please,if you value this site can we at least try and post ....at least once a week..it will be a shame to see it close down . :( :( :(

Post subject: Re: Use it or lose it
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 12:05 

Yes woud be a shame to see it close down.

Peeps dont seem to come on as much nowadays.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 13:22 

I would be sad to see this site go. Over the past 5+years I’ve found so much useful info and have enjoyed chatting to other much more knowledgeable doodle lovers.
It seems likely that most people prefer Facebook, which,for SO many reasons I do not use.
I guess it’s also possible that some people prefer not to start a topic, although lately even quite interesting posts fizzle out.
Dare I say that,as a group,we are mostly,these days,women of 50+
Personally I’d say we are friendly and welcoming and do what we can to encourage new members.
Those of us who still love the site could do weekly updates about our doodles,as well as posting any issues we are experiencing..... but as the saying goes,you can lead a horse to water.
If the site closes us stalwarts must keep in touch by other means
Anny

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2019, 14:49 

As a new-comer to the forum, and another 50+ female, I'd also hate to lose the site.

I think part of the reduction in new posts is the wealth of information already found in previous threads. For example, while pulling my hair out about the lack of toilet training success with our 5.5 month old darling (despite never having problems with it in over 24 years of owning boxers), I thought about adding a thread on it - but then did a search and found loads of ideas (ok, none have so far worked, but I keep telling myself she's young yet!).

That example also makes me think that we have a tendency to post problems and questions - perhaps each member could start a Pupdate thread where they post photos and note achievements - that would be great for those looking at getting a doodle and for us to look back on over the year's as a record of our own journeys with our doodles....and just think of all those lovely coat transformations we can see :D

I check the site most days - I'll do my best to contribute something at least once a week.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 00:18 

Luna and I are still here! Yes please keep posting - it has been a mine of information and has helped solve many puppy problems.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2019, 12:51 

Hi Dexter still here, never have been a big poster but a keen reader, will try though. H and D

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 17:05 

Great to see all you 50+ , Facebook hater's posting here ....keep it up ladies ...wish I was 50+ again..... :lol: ....but I'm definitely averted to Facebook

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019, 17:40 

Come now linny, you can't be 50+ again - once that marker is behind you you stay 50+ forever :lol:

Actually, I've just decided to apply that same logic and be 18+ from now on...who's with me (after all age is just a number) :D

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2019, 13:50 

Cairo'sMum wrote:
Come now linny, you can't be 50+ again - once that marker is behind you you stay 50+ forever :lol:

Actually, I've just decided to apply that same logic and be 18+ from now on...who's with me (after all age is just a number) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: 18+??.... I certainly don't feel my age but would be hard pushed to try 18+.....now in my 7th decade so my face would tell the truth. :lol: .

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 09:20 

Still popping in to check on things.....Roker just had his 5 and a half birthday, taking life in his stride mind you!!

Even if he does get bossed around by his little sister!!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 11:26 

:D lovely to hear from you and Roker.....love the photos especially "little sister"......just lovely.....made me smile.....Roker is certainly taking life in his stride :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 14:03 

She idolises him and thinks he's amazing often ending with a big hug draped over his back....Roker takes it all in his stride and just lets it all happen. He's so laid back its unbelievable....until he's in an open field with a ball then its a different story! We often find him asleep on the landing outside his door and a couple of times when she was very young and still in our room we woke in the morning to find him asleep under her crib.

Off to the seaside (Scarborough, Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay) on Good Friday for a week which one of probably his favourite places in the world so he'll spend the week covered in sand, stinking of sea water and trying to recover from much beach play!! The only place that beats it is the walk up from Seahouse to Bamburgh on the beach!!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 15:22 

Love your photos!

Totally agree about the Seahouses to Bamburgh walk. Have just been up there for a week. Love the walking on Embleton Bay to Low Newton as well and the cliff top walk from Craster to Dunstanburgh - absolutely stunning! No dog restrictions on the beaches either :D :D :D

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 16:27 

Yep, done the beach at Dunstanburgh as well which is fantastic. A guy i used to play cricket with is now living in Embleton so visited him that day as well, cracking pub in the village which was of course dog friendly. Not that you would have known he was there, after two hours on the beach he was snoring away under the table whilst we ate!

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2019, 20:20 

Isn't it great to see the bond between them...one of my grandsons has a similar bond with Jethro....Jethro follows him everywhere ... :) ....but is not at all interested in his brother. :roll:
Have a lovely time...hope the weather will be kind ...not so nice here in Devon at the moment.