Hi new member looking for an Australian labradoodle or a ASD

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
grainne

Re: Hi new member looking for an Australian labradoodle or a ASD

Post by grainne » 28 Oct 2008, 16:54

Nope, he's a mini first cross from lisa H (pennyali) and the most beautiful dog in the world!! He has a non shedding fleece coat, and aside from being a bit tubby (why wont those two kilo shift??) he is wonderful in every way!

Though TBH if I did get another, it would be an ASD, I'm totally in love with them

xxx

rai

Post by rai » 28 Oct 2008, 22:14

Barneyboy though it is nice for puppies to be introduced to the sunshine on very hot days, I personally don't think it would be healthy for puppies to spend all days outside, particulary as puppies would be under 8 wks of age, I'm off the belief that a cold puppy is an unhealthy puppy, and a warm puppy is a healthy puppy, everything needs to be in moderation. on a lovely sunny hot day it is great, aslong as the puppies do not have access to any poisonous plants or any dangers. The puppy playyards are excellent for this purpose.
We do the same as Deb, we have 2 freedom play pens and a crate inside with the door always open, when they get 6 wks of age the freedom playpen door is open and they run around our 20ft conservatory, then they pop back in side the playpen when they want a wee. Asd puppies are very intelligent the feedback we have had so far has been amazing, puppies have been housetrained within a weekend, even one of my puppy families puppy knocks on the window to go out, how clever is that, they are very intellegent and trainable.

Rai

rai

Post by rai » 28 Oct 2008, 22:30

This is for you Debbie, I thought you would like to see a picture of Manorborn Digby ( Asd ) I don't expect you will remember him as he's grown just abit, he is your Little Dottie's big brother.
Rai

Barneyboy

Post by Barneyboy » 28 Oct 2008, 23:38

I'm not implying that small puppies should be shut outside, but that they should have access to outside. My oldest dog is now 16, she was born early October and the litter were raised in a kitchen and hallway with the back door open - they quickly learnt to 'go' outside and didn't suffer for it! How on earth do you think dog managed before humans molly coddled them? So long as the nest is free from drafts, with maybe a heat light the pups should be fine.......

freedom

Post by freedom » 29 Oct 2008, 07:32

I prefer to rear my pups indoors and take them outside on sunny days, they are all very clean.

Rai he is lovely, Dottee was quite the star at the recent New forest meet, here she is with Paul, I hope he does not mind me posting his photo, not really an 'Assistance Dog' more being 'Assisted' :lol: The cheeky monkey hitched a ride the whole way back, Tcarlaidh would have liked a go too but she was not sharing Paul with anyone :lol:
Dottee is really small compared to her siblings that I have seen, her colour is like a rich Chestnut too, she is very special :D

donz

Post by donz » 29 Oct 2008, 08:14

grainne wrote:Nope, he's a mini first cross from lisa H (pennyali) and the most beautiful dog in the world!! He has a non shedding fleece coat, and aside from being a bit tubby (why wont those two kilo shift??) he is wonderful in every way!

Though TBH if I did get another, it would be an ASD, I'm totally in love with them

xxx
Sorry hun but my Li'l Stanley is the most beautiful dog in the world (and Scruffy is the 2nd hahahaha!!!!)

Poppypuppy Stan is a mini ASD, and 2 of us in the family have asthma with no reaction to either Stan or Scruff (an F1 UK) but when I brush Stan out (every couple of days) I do get the sneezes and occasional sore eyes because of the dander and other rubbish his coat collects. Not badly, but it does happen.

I don't get this from my F1 because he only requires brushing once week/fortnight and being a scruffy coat doesn't pick up so much as Stans curly coat or cause the irritants to fly everywhere because of the way he is groomed

ImageImage

rai

Post by rai » 29 Oct 2008, 11:58

Hi Debs
What a fab picture. Dottie is a cheeky little monkey hitching a ride, seriously though arn't they just amazing dogs, your pics are good too Donz
Rai

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Oct 2008, 09:09

Rai,

You must be so pleased with them Dottie and Digby are great dogs I wanted to take Dottie home with me when I saw her, and I can't wait to use Digby at some point in the future they are such lovely dogs as was the whole litter when I saw them at your mums :D :D

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 30 Oct 2008, 11:26

oh my goodness Coco is scrummy!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 30 Oct 2008, 12:42

This has been very interestingly wide ranging, Freedom's rearing is similar to mine, at 6 weeks the back door is open all day, pups just nip out to toilet if the weather is horrible. I've had the back door open in everything but a storm, I'm sure it gets house training well under way. The definition of what is actually bred in the home is very wide ranging from mine, born and living right next to me until they move to the utility at 5 to 6 weeks to be able to go out, to those that rear in the home area, ie annex or converted garage whatever. I really object to those claiming to rear in the home who have full scale kennels with whelping area, that is nothing but dishonesty as they only bring pups into the lounge to sell.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

rai

Post by rai » 30 Oct 2008, 13:24

Hi Lisa
Coco is adorable, here is Liberty coco's sister, but not so little now.
of course you are welcome to use Digby once he has had all his health testing's.

Rai

Bid

Post by Bid » 30 Oct 2008, 18:33

Wow!!!! He is amazing :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

rai

Post by rai » 30 Oct 2008, 19:00

Thankyou Bid, I agree he is amazing. I have to thank Debs Freedom though, as mum was undecided which one of two boys to keep back for us, so Debs chose Digby.
Rai

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 30 Oct 2008, 19:20

Digby's a stunner! :D
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/