Hi new member looking for an Australian labradoodle or a ASD

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
freedom

Re: Hi new member looking for an Australian labradoodle or a ASD

Post by freedom » 30 Oct 2008, 20:22

Sarah where is a photo of your beautiful girl??

Rai I chose the best one for myself :lol: :lol: Everyone wants to take Dottee but she is mine, mine, mine :D

rai

Post by rai » 30 Oct 2008, 21:41

Hi Debs
Sarah doesn't have an account so I have taken one from her site.
they are all beautiful arn't they
Rai

This is Sunnie.... Sarah loves her to bits

This is Pommy Little Dotties big sister

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 31 Oct 2008, 12:53

This is like when someone shouts "Sarah" in the street and forty females turn round! :lol: Any excuse to show off my girls, here's a couple of recent pics of Bella.

On her first walk, it was a very windy day, her coat is growing so much now. ASDs are very special.

How's the lovely Nirvana?
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

poppypuppy

Post by poppypuppy » 31 Oct 2008, 14:01

Thanks for all the replies and lovely photos, it has certainly given me food for thought :P

freedom

Post by freedom » 31 Oct 2008, 15:20

I did mean Bella's mum Sarah :lol: Bella is a Vana daughter
but it is lovely to see Sunnie and Pommy :D

linny2

Post by linny2 » 28 Nov 2008, 13:44

Hi Poppy

Please don't expect that either an Australian Labradoodle or an ASD will necessarily be either non-shedding or allergy friendly.

"Australian Labradoodle" was a term first introduced by a couple of breeders here in Australia (Rutland Manor and Tegan Park) to describe their Multigenerational Labradoodles. Some time later, they announced that their dogs could also contain a number of other breeds in certain lines. These have over the years included both American and (English) Cocker Spaniels, Irish Water Spaniels, and Curly Coated Retrievers. A couple of years ago, these same breeders added Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers to the mix, and renamed their dogs "ASDs".

Neither Australian Labradoodles nor ASDs are as yet a breed, and as they have been developed relatively recently, they don't always breed true. Here (for example) are two "ASDs" from Rutland Manor (half sisters) the cream one with with a shedding hair type coat, and the chocolate with a curlier non-shedding wool type coat:

Your best bet is to avoid the hype and glossy websites, find a good reputable breeder you can trust, meet with them and their dogs, and talk to them about the type of dog you need.

Good luck!
Linny
Best wishes,
Linny, Buffy & Spike
Sign the pledge to stop puppy mills at http://action.humanesociety.org/site/Su ... EY_ID=1840