How big is your LabraDoodle, weight/height.

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
caitlinmark

Re: How big is your LabraDoodle, weight/height.

Post by caitlinmark » 15 Mar 2009, 21:40

Hi
Ive been feeling guilty since last week - vet says Ben's overweight.
Reading these posts Im not convinced now- he's nearly 8 months - 26inches to the shoulder & 32kilos.

I reckon he's got a waist and that you can feel his ribs but he does "jiggle" when you move his fur about and he's got a pretty big backside!

I have only moved him to 2 feeds a day a week or so ago so that was maybe too late and the vet says he should be off puppy food now so hopefully that'll sort things. This is him a week or so ago (maybe 30 kilos then!!)

linny

Post by linny » 15 Mar 2009, 23:47

Ambrose is 7 months and not unlike Ben in build. he's due for a weigh in at the Vets tomorrow....I'll let you know! :lol: :lol:
Ben doesn't look overweight?

linny

Post by linny » 16 Mar 2009, 12:51

Morning,..... Ambrose has been weighed and he's 29kilos...
He has been on two feeds a day for some time now....but he steals from everyone else :roll:

caitlinmark

Post by caitlinmark » 16 Mar 2009, 21:35

Thanks, - The Vet had said 28 kilos was the aim so Ambrose seems on target. I expect the two feeds will sort mine's out

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 16 Mar 2009, 23:21

Billy Bob one of Bonnie's puppies is 16 weeks old and weighs 16Kg his sister weights 14Kgs.

lauraw

Post by lauraw » 17 Mar 2009, 21:47

Hi all. Aonghus is almost 7 months old and weighed a couple of weeks ago in at 15kg. Not sure how much more he is grow height wise and I'm not entirely sure I know where to measure up to - is it just up to where the neck starts? Some of the sizes on here are incredible! Don't think Aonghus is going to grow to those sizes. I did ask the vet about how much he should be eating and she told me to reduce the guide by a third. She said dogs don't need that much. I feel much better now because he was leaving food and now he is gobbling it up!

linny

Post by linny » 17 Mar 2009, 22:48

Hi , I measure mine in the same way I would a horse...from the withers to the ground...

How do you pronounce Aonghus?.... is it Angus?.. interesting name ...what does it mean :?:

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 18 Mar 2009, 22:52

Ziggy was weighed yesturday he is 30kg and is 10months old he is 23 inches high.

lauraw

Post by lauraw » 25 Mar 2009, 21:14

Hi Linny

Sorry, just saw your question. Aonghus is pronounced Angus, like you say. Aonghus's dad was called Angus and I wanted a Scottish name - Aonghus is the Gaelic equivalent of Angus. It means "one choice" which is what he was to us, there really was only one choice from first seeing him! I just looked up meaning and what I didn't know what that in Celtic mythology there is a god called Angus Og who was a god of attractive traits such as humour or wisdom. This actually suits him quite well, especially the humour! We spent weeks chosing his name - were originally going to call him Cody which is a nice enough name but didn't really suit him.

Sorry to be really stupid but which part is the withers? Is it base of his neck at top of his back?

Laura

Smyla

Post by Smyla » 25 Mar 2009, 21:41

Fraggle is quite a lean doodle-always seen more poodle shape in the body than lab. He's now 7.5months, weighs 23.7Kg and is 23inches tall. He has huge paws and I wonder how much more growth in height we can expect?

Enjoying his favourite hobby!

Smyla

linny

Post by linny » 26 Mar 2009, 12:42

The withers are at the base of the neck,... roughly where the shoulder blades and lower neck/back meet..
Lovely meaning to Aonghus's name.....lovely choice :)

peelm

Post by peelm » 26 Mar 2009, 20:22

Hi, Fozz is justshort of 28 inches and weighs around 37kg. He is nearly 2 so we think he's done now! Big , soft cuddle monster! We're looking for another dood in the summer- the bigger the better!!
Janet
Michael, Janet, Fozzie and Dylan

For all your pet portraits, visit :- http://www.theloudhouse.co.uk

lauraw

Post by lauraw » 26 Mar 2009, 22:44

Thanks Linny. Will need to try to get Aonghus to stay still and measure him. He's just had a bath so looks half the size he usually does! We took ages to picke his name but it just seemed to fit.

Laura