Doodles and gardening

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
woodydoodle

Doodles and gardening

Post by woodydoodle » 04 Jan 2009, 18:43

I was just wondering whether Doodles grow out of their love of gardening? I am hoping that you are going to tell me that they do as my garden is starting to resemble something from a war zone :D It has huge holes all over the borders, many plants have been chewed and flattened and the lawn has lots of bare patches in places were Woody has been digging!! I also have all my pots of plants on the patio table currently as the minute I put them down on the patio they are dug up again!!

Woody is 7 months old and has pretty much been destroying the garden since we got him at 9 weeks! As a first time doodle owner I also wondered whether it is just a doodle thing or whether most dogs like to dig as well?
Emma and Woody

Jane

Re: Doodles and gardening

Post by Jane » 04 Jan 2009, 18:47

Marli does not dig, but she has ruined my garden due to her toilet , wee patches every where!!!!!!!!!!! Will have to sort that now for the summer, but can not really complain on the digging...YET!!!

Ben

Post by Ben » 04 Jan 2009, 20:19

Hi

My lawn is destroyed with holes, wee patches and doodle dashing. It now resembles a battle field.

I'm looking into getting 2/3 of it patio'd and just have a token 'designer' cicle of lawn in the middle!

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 04 Jan 2009, 21:23

OH has decided the dogs are building a golf course there are that many holes in what's left of the grass.
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 04 Jan 2009, 23:59

Freddie is coming up to 9 months and still digs for England! Luckily I have a piece of garden that is fenced off (with a pond) for adult use only!

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 05 Jan 2009, 00:01

I'm afraid 6 month old Teddy also thinks he's Alan Titchmarsh - NOT !

And it's not true that it's only bitches urine that scorches the grass - we've a whole patch that is just yellow and muddy from all the peeing and doodle dashing not to mention holes everywhere !

Little bugger - but we love him anyway !

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 05 Jan 2009, 00:08

In a word - NO but the barricades get higher! :lol:

Two Doodles and a garden - who are you kidding!
http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... &sk=t&sd=a
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

woodydoodle

Post by woodydoodle » 05 Jan 2009, 10:28

Oh dear this doesn't sound very hopeful!!! :D I think I had better think about fencing some garden off just for us or revert to window boxes if I want to see some summer flowers!! He is out there at the moment dashing and doodling about like a loony! :lol:
Emma and Woody

woodydoodle

Post by woodydoodle » 05 Jan 2009, 10:32

I have just read your previous post Mrs Admin about your garden :D Oh dear Jack and Becky obviously love their garden as much as Woody does!! And you have double the trouble with the two of them. I think it is going to have to be a concrete garden for me or astro turf and no borders!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Emma and Woody

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 05 Jan 2009, 11:16

Since I have been in Oz we have been back on tank water we havn;t had burnt pathces from the wee.

So it might be worth trying to get a water butt in place and feed rain water and see if there is a difference. I have 8 dogs and my grass is nice and greed, no patches.

Hope that helpes.

Adele

tjay

Post by tjay » 05 Jan 2009, 21:02

Hmmm samson chewed straight through the base of a huge and lovely climbing plant with beautiful flowers which that grew all the way up the side of our new house. Needless to say we watched it die over the following weeks! However, the grass has been saved since he discovered he could cock his leg - the bushes bordering the garden have since turned brown :roll: !

Daisy(mini)Doodle

Post by Daisy(mini)Doodle » 06 Jan 2009, 14:48

We were putting it down to letting Daisy watch The Great Escape on TV as her holes are getting deep enough to start tunnelling toward the fence. I'm keeping her out of the garage in case she tries to ride my Triumph motorcycle.
Chris & Pauline Daisy & Ziva
ImageImage

joclaire

Post by joclaire » 07 Jan 2009, 13:46

Meggy dood has just started digging, but not holes as such, just digging my plants up, she digs for one and then goes on to the next one if i don't catch her, she's not left out in the garden to play on her own while she's doing this, we're hoping its just a phase, also, she's wee'd in toby's (our lab) bed a couple of times, i hadn't noticed her doing that, it was only when he wouldn't go in his bed, i got mad at him as he wouldn't do as he was told, then realised why when i saw the dark patch :roll:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/urlImage]Image

Jo and Meggy Dood

Hunnybunch

Post by Hunnybunch » 07 Jan 2009, 14:35

My two get the decking and middle section of the garden as they destroyed it anyway and the bottom is fenced off - middle section due to be paved, as not a blade of grass to be seen anymore.
ImageImage

murphysmum

Post by murphysmum » 07 Jan 2009, 18:29

I had a lovely palm type plant that had sharp spikes on the end of it.....and i mean sharp........it's all gone. :roll: