what other pets do you have

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Smyla

Re: what other pets do you have

Post by Smyla » 16 Feb 2009, 22:24

None at the moment, but can't wait to get some chickens when we move to the new house.
Does anyone have any Chickens?

Smyla

Post by Smyla » 16 Feb 2009, 22:27

Just read the whole thread...there are some chicken owners out there-excellent! Any advice would be welcome. Sx

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 16 Feb 2009, 23:13

I think I have the bad end of the deal I work full time in a Bank but my husband Trevor is here all day and looks after our animals and makes a good job of them I get the short straw on a Saturday going to buy the animal feed (BLue chip horse and dog)and human feed(Aldi and Lidle) never mind we love them all and that is what makes life interesting and worthwhile.

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 17 Feb 2009, 00:23

Our feed merchant will deliver 1 sack of feed! As the girls deliver and work in the shop (like my office read 'shed') you still get all the gossip.

junie

Post by junie » 17 Feb 2009, 18:54

Smyla.
Our hens are a mixed lot bought from a local Chicken/duck/goose etc farm, we have a silkie bantam who loves to hatch anyones eggs and makes a good job of raising ducklings. The others are all different types so that they are different colours and we can tell who's who. One of the favourites is a grey Araucana who lays blue green eggs.
My friend always gets ex battery hens and they lay well, some breeds are more prolific layers than others, it depends why you want them just for eggs or pets as well, as we do. l'm sue there's someone out there far more knowledgable than l about hens but l've kept them for years and never had any problems.
Good luck with your venture, there's nothing like a fresh laid egg,
June and Lenny
Lenny's Mum