Wednesday Feb 18th is my Doodle day!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bubbarooandemmatoo

Wednesday Feb 18th is my Doodle day!

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 17 Feb 2009, 00:46

Hi all, just bursting with excitement about bringing the Woof home. :D Its felt like a very long time since that one and only visit where we chose the complete opposite of what we went to pick out. Talk about doods grab you by the heart strings. I wanted a smaller to medium size dog and its looking like I have a cart horse on my hands! :D

All prepared, I feel like an expectant mum whos got the nursery sorted out and just needs her baby to make it complete-I sound so gushy Im making myself vomit. But you get the gist...IM EXCITED!

Ill post some pics of Woofs arrival when I can. Thats assuming Im not totally absorbed like a new mum in checking out his poo, how much he eats, if hes napping enough, playing enough or progressing enough.lol :lol:

Thank you everyone for all your advice and for being able to meet some great people on here. Your all stars and its fab to know that your always here when I need you........and Im thinking I may need you a tad more over the next few weeks,months.....years. :)

Pray it doesnt snow in the next few days, that the M25 has no hold ups or road works and that my kids dont catch anymore winter bugs, as I have a Labradoodle to collect and a loving home to bring him back to.

Pass the bucket :) :) :) Em.x

lizzie tb

Re: Wednesday Feb 18th is my Doodle day!

Post by lizzie tb » 17 Feb 2009, 01:17

It's so exciting for you! Have a great time picking up your pup!

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 17 Feb 2009, 10:15

How exciting for you.

Is it a long journey that you have when bringing him home??

When we picked up Eric it was only a 40 minute journey and we'd only seen, and decided to get him, the day before. So we had no massive build up of excitement during the waiting period.

Eric was also not quite what we wanted. I went with the intention of picking a doodle that looked like a lab (sleek coat) and OH went with the intention of making sure I don't pick any of them!!

Eric was huge and had wavy fur... but we fell for him there and then (even thos there were 13 of them in the litter!!)

Roll on tomorrow - and we must have loads of pics - thats the law

Ali

xx
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205 ... t/Eric.jpg

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

linny

Post by linny » 17 Feb 2009, 10:50

Good luck for Wednesday Em :)
I think we can all relate to that feeling of excitement about bringing a new pup home!

For me I had a one and a half hour drive down to Cornwall,
I have an old 4x4 that is notorious for the things that might live,grow or lurk within and I actually cleaned it :!: .... made sure my oil and water etc were all OK and checked my tyre pressure (OH was really taken aback) :lo and set off as excited as a child at Christmas :roll:
Ambrose came from a beautiful litter of eleven and I was initially chosen by a little black girl but I wanted a dog and Ambrose was the last available and the biggest pup of the litter.
Ambrose was the most independent, self assured pup that I have ever met.... he stomped into my life 6months ago and every day he has made me smile,.... get ready your life is about to change....... for the better :) :) :) :)

Rhonk

Post by Rhonk » 17 Feb 2009, 11:51

How exciting - only one more day!!!! I was so excited when i got Bonzo and then on the way home became terrified i would be a terrible doodle mum..... We had about an hours drive - he was fine until the final turning into our road when he decided to be sick :roll: :roll: Looking forward to those pics!

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 17 Feb 2009, 12:11

Have a great trip and don't forget pics asap.

annabanana

Post by annabanana » 17 Feb 2009, 12:58

Willow was sick too so watch out it may be a family trait!!!

sdavies

Post by sdavies » 17 Feb 2009, 13:55

Its such an exciting time. :D

We had a 4 hour drive there and back ( 8 hours ) when we went to collect Alfie 2 weeks ago.

We took a medium plastic storage box, with vet bed, training pads and a dish for water. When we stopped at the services we put pad down in boot and he peed on it. He was as good as gold and he was'nt sick. He was starving when we got home. :D

I had only seen photos of him and he was even better than the photos. His mum Mollie was lovely with him she was rolling him over on the floor and licking him as if she was getting him ready to come :o

Mollie and breeder stood and waved us off it was a lovely moment I was quite choked an so was my hubby ( but he wont admit to that) :lol:

Good luck and keep us all posted. :)

Sheila & Alfie

HILLY

Post by HILLY » 17 Feb 2009, 14:55

The big day is almost here. I fully understand how excited and worried you are. Jeff has a cast iron stomach and is never car sick so he must come from the robust end of the family line! We only live about 20 mins from Jac so we had him home in no time. Little Ted however was a good two hours away but was a little star on the journey home. Have a super day and enjoy it all. This is the beginning of a very special time in your life. You will wonder how you have managed to go so long without a Dood in your life. Lots of pictures please.
Hilly and the Boys

Jeff on his first day at home!

HILLY, JEFF AND LITTLE TED

Bid

Post by Bid » 17 Feb 2009, 19:23

Exciting! The second he closes his eyes for a snooze we need to you be straight on here with some pics :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Jac

Post by Jac » 17 Feb 2009, 20:15

Hi Em

Woof is all prepared for his 'big day' tomorrow - got his fav bit of vet bed, dinner and bits and pieces ready, and he is snuggled up in your t-shirt as I speak. :D

He's been really good in the crate the last couple of nights and learning to do his wees and poos in the back garden! :D

He's seen some of the other pups go so I think he knows it's his turn next! :D

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!!! :D
The Bear

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 17 Feb 2009, 22:03

Good luck with your new doodle cannot wait to see the pics.

A DOG WAGS IT'S TAIL WITH IT'S HEART

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 17 Feb 2009, 22:12

Have a lovely day collecting Woof tomorrow but a quick tip - don't put his special toy/vet bed/t-shirt in with him whilst travelling home in case he is sick on it or wees on it and you have to wash it and lose his mum smell. :cry:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 18 Feb 2009, 08:43

Today's the Day

Make sure we have some piccies today............

have a brilliant journey there -coz I know the journey back will definately be brilliant

Ali
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205 ... t/Eric.jpg

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

HayleyC

Post by HayleyC » 18 Feb 2009, 12:42

Enjoy! What a wonderful day for you, its better than christmas! :D