Woof's Home!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bubbarooandemmatoo

Woof's Home!

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 19 Feb 2009, 15:07

Im really sorry guys,no pics as yet, working on it. Hes a bundle of cuddles he really is. Kids love him, esp my eldest and they are joined at the hip!

I feel like theres another baby in the house, its manic and exciting and Im second guessing myself all the time, constantly swiviling my head for signs of wet patches and totally exhausted and its only been a full 24 hours from now! :D I LOVE IT

We had to leave him for a little bit this morning and still heard the howling when the car pulled up again :( I have also realised Im the worlds biggest soft touch and slept downstairs with himon the sofa bed after allmy intentions of making him goin the crate. If you all think I should let him howl for a few nights and then you think hels stop I ll do it, but I just caved in yesterday after all the excitement I was pooped!

Dettol and I have become firm friends and I think I could cover my kitchen with paper and Woof would find the small patch of vinyl. He could eat for britain too, he inhales he doesnt eat.lol

Hes just having a nap and Ill do some pics.

Em.x

Ali Cat

Re: Woof's Home!

Post by Ali Cat » 19 Feb 2009, 15:28

HUUUUUUURRRAAAAHHH

Loving every miniute of it you lucky so and so.

So happy, and envious :mrgreen:

xx
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205 ... t/Eric.jpg

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 19 Feb 2009, 15:47

He looks great... Alfie's looking forward to playing with him!!

We live in a terrace, and were really conscious of Alfie making a noise at night, so we put him in his crate downstairs, and when he woke up, or whined, I took him out on the lead, then straight back to the crate and curled up on the floor beside the crate. I was only there for about 5 - 10 mins then crept back to bed, after about 3 days I was able to stop. Be careful though, the one time I feel asleep down there was cold and uncomfortable when I woke up on the floorboards!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 19 Feb 2009, 15:48

He's going to be big! How much does he weigh??

thepooles

Post by thepooles » 19 Feb 2009, 15:51

ooooooooooo he's too cute and cuddly for words!!!!

more piccies please!

Laus

Post by Laus » 19 Feb 2009, 15:56

oh he's SO gorgeous- definately more pics needed!!!
Laus

Jasper & Tallie

Post by Jasper & Tallie » 19 Feb 2009, 16:06

He's absolutely gorgeous, I'm sure you're going to have so much fun with him. Can't wait to see more photos as he grows.

We were hard hearted with both Jasper (now nearly 10 months) and Tallie (10 weeks) and left them in their crates in the kitchen overnight and tried to ignore the whining (all doors in the house closed, ear plugs firmly in, cushions over heads, gritted teeth - and from me almost a few tears :? ). Jasper only took one night to get used to it and Tallie stopped whining after a few nights. We have left the nights really short though while they are young (put to bed at midnight and up at 6am - which is killing me!!!). By the time I get down in the morning Tallie is VERY ready for a pee but neither of them has either done a wee or poo in the crate.

Enjoy these early days with him - it's all over so soon and before you know it you'll have a huge grown up (not sure if that is in the labradoodle vocabulary!!!) dog on your hands. I hope you manage a bit of rest over the next few days. Looking forward to the updates.

Sarah
Image Image

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 19 Feb 2009, 17:22

Ah soooo cute. Hope he's settling in well.

We have Freddie in a crate in our bedroom, and he slept soundly from the first night - no tears at all. Think it helped that the breeder removed the pups from their mum a couple of days before they went to their new homes.

Jo

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 19 Feb 2009, 19:02

You've got one VERY happy little boy there by the size of that smile. I'm sure they'll grow up and be best mates for a long time to come. For all Stella's faults (and there are a few!!) she has never cried at night from day one and now sleeps anywhere between the utility room and our bedroom, depending on how hot she is!
Enjoy the 'little' pup stage - he'll be a horse before you know it :lol: :lol:

linny

Post by linny » 19 Feb 2009, 21:58

Gorgeous pup!...I think he is going to be a BIG boy...enjoy because as liverbird says he will turn into a horse before you know it :lol: :lol: ...they literally grow by the day :lol: :lol:

kh1smile

Post by kh1smile » 19 Feb 2009, 22:04

Ohhhhhhhhhh he is just gorgeous........I need a cuddle...........Teddy took a few nights of me sleeping on the sofa....but it soon got better...He looks like a real angel......we can't wait for him to be able to come out and play.....but we also hope that you all enjoy his little puppyness for as long as you can, as time just flies and before you know it, he will be all grown up.

Take care and enjoy every second of him

Have Fun

XXX
Kate, Teddy & Tyler Doodle

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 19 Feb 2009, 22:25

He's lovely I'm sure you little lads going to spoil him to bits. Enjoy him I'm sure you will.

A DOG WAGS HIS TAIL WITH HIS HEART

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 19 Feb 2009, 23:57

kh1smile wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhh he is just gorgeous........I need a cuddle...........Teddy took a few nights of me sleeping on the sofa....but it soon got better...He looks like a real angel......we can't wait for him to be able to come out and play.....but we also hope that you all enjoy his little puppyness for as long as you can, as time just flies and before you know it, he will be all grown up.

Take care and enjoy every second of him

Have Fun

XXX
Hi Kate,

Where are you? Sounds like we need to organise a Sevenoaks area walk for when Woof completes his jabs

HILLY

Post by HILLY » 20 Feb 2009, 00:14

At last news of Woof. He is a smasher and so much like Jeff. Little Ted has improved leaps and bounds in the crate. The first night he carried on until about 2am when I decided to go to my own bed and ignore it. It was very hard to do. Now he settles within 5 minutes and sleeps until about 5.30. I take him out and he immediately wees and poos. Result! It is amazing how quickly they settle so stick with it. Enjoy Woof while he is a baby because they grow at an alarming speed. He will give you so much pleasure you will wonder how you managed without him. Keep those pictures coming.
Love
Hilly
and the boys
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HILLY, JEFF AND LITTLE TED