Teddy is having "the Op" tomorrow

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
ebug99

Teddy is having "the Op" tomorrow

Post by ebug99 » 18 Mar 2009, 17:55

I've been really stoical about it all week - (he's been cocking his leg for a couple of weeks now, is already 23 ins tall, the vet is happy that the time is right, and I'm worried about losing him cos he does have a tendency to go running off after other dogs so I know there's no reason not to have him done), but we had a lovely walk in the woods this afternoon and he was a poppet (only cos we didn't meet anyone else !) so I'm feeling really guilty now.

I know he'll be fine, but I'm dreading leaving him at the vets tomorrow morning :( :(

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

Laus

Re: Teddy is having "the Op" tomorrow

Post by Laus » 18 Mar 2009, 18:19

I just replied on 'the other side'- but i'll say it again anyway! :lol: You have my sympathy- Dudley's 7 1/2 months so I know i've not got long before i have to book him in to be 'done' and i'm dreading the look he'll give me when i leave him there!
Teddy will be fine though and bouncing around again before you know it I'm sure!! :lol:
Big hugs & kisses to him for tomorrow!

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 18 Mar 2009, 19:01

Thank God you're going for it first Liz!!! You can give me tips as Mungo's booked in for the end of next month. To be honest I wanted him done now but when I had him checked at the vets last week he thought he still had a bit of growing to do (he said he had small testicles bless :shock: ). So he said wait until he's 10 months old. I was happy with that until I took him a walk yesterday and he completely ran off 3 times. I was knackered by the time we got home and v fed up :twisted: So I reckon you're doing exactly the right thing and I wish it was us booked in for tomorrow. That said I know it will be hard so you have my sympathy.

Big cuddles to the Tedster and let us know how he gets on.
Rach & Mungo

Debs & Co

Post by Debs & Co » 18 Mar 2009, 21:38

Best of luck for tomorrow teddy, you'll be fine and up and about in no time - Barney will be thinking about you....

The OH had it done and it stopped him wandering off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barney's not been done yet, I just feel so guilty about having it done to him, but know that I will have to get it sorted in the next couple of months :(

ImageImage
[/url]

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 18 Mar 2009, 22:10

Oh poor Liz I know how you feel, but trust me he will be fine. I took Ziggy in February, I said to the vet will he be ok, she said he'll be fine looking at me as if I was mad. I came outside sat in the car and cried.
Went to pick him up at 5'oclock there he was in this big collar feeling sorry for himself but he was in fact fine. The next day you would not of thought he had anything done. You must remember it is for the best and honestly he will be fine you'll be worse than him. I wanted to put Ziggy to stud but the vet and the trainer said if you can't give him a regular supply of bitches have him done. At least if he's never tried it he wont know what he's missing. I surpose there right.
Good luck although you won't need it. Let us know how you get on.

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 18 Mar 2009, 22:16

Freddie was done about a month ago at 10 months. He jumped into my 4x4 when he came out the vet's and was absolutely fine. His attitude hasn't changed one bit! I have Barney here at the moment (my daughter's Rotti) and I've got to take him in the morning!

amber

Post by amber » 18 Mar 2009, 22:19

He'll be just fine, Liz. Just make sure he isnt allowed to lick the wound, and that includes night times, otherwise have him wear a collar to prevent the licking. It will soon mend and Teddy will be back to normal before you know it.
I know it's so hard to leave them, but the time will soon pass. Be thinking of you!!
Linda x

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 18 Mar 2009, 22:33

Good luck.

We will be thinking of you here in OZ.

Adele xx

lizzie tb

Post by lizzie tb » 18 Mar 2009, 23:37

Yes everyone's right, I'm sure he'll be fine. Toby was done a few weeks ago, his op was a little complicated but he's been great. He had to wear a collar though as he wouldn't stop licking. Unfortunately he did get an infection in one wound and he's back on antibiotics and using his collar again but he's still fine!!! He loves visiting the vets and gets really excited when he sees where he is - so it can't have been that bad...
I did worry though while he was there, it's only natural. Good luck!

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 19 Mar 2009, 00:00

Thanks everyone !

The large glass of red has helped (not to mention the chocolate) - I know he will be fine, just want to be able to fast forward a few days.................

Linda - I will get a collar to be safe and also have a pair of D's undies at the ready - a la Bella !

Will update tomorrow - off to bed now...........

Liz x

Laus

Post by Laus » 19 Mar 2009, 16:23

Hi Liz,
How's he doing?
x

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 19 Mar 2009, 20:13

Hi all,

He's home and fine - a bit whiney and clingy but otherwise OK.

He's been licking the wound a bit but stops when we tell him - might have to put him some undies on for tonight as vet didn't think he'd need a collar so we don't have one.

They also did a blood test to check kidney function and something else (can't remember - I was a bit stressed this morning when they asked if I wanted it done !) - and he's got a completely clean bill of health so good job done.

Thanks for all your posts yesterday - off to get another large glass of red now...............................

Liz x

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 19 Mar 2009, 20:18

Well done Liz & Teddy - all done now :D :D :D I wish I was in your position with it all behind me.

Big hugs from Mungo & me!

I suppose I'd better join you in that large glass of red now - just to show my support :wink:
Rach & Mungo

HILLY

Post by HILLY » 19 Mar 2009, 20:28

I am a bit late reading your post. So glad that Teddy is fine. Jeff was done some time ago and that is when we introduced the pants to stop him licking the wound. We also tried putting on a childs tee shirt with his back legs through the arms and his tail out through the neck! The things we do to avoid our loved ones having to wear the buster collar. Hope he is back doodle dashing very soon.
Love
Hilly Jeff and "Little Ted"
HILLY, JEFF AND LITTLE TED

Bid

Post by Bid » 19 Mar 2009, 20:39

Glad to hear he's home & it went well - fingers crossed for a lick-free night :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron