Teddy is having "the Op" tomorrow

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
amber

Re: Teddy is having "the Op" tomorrow

Post by amber » 19 Mar 2009, 22:07

Hi Liz
Glad Teddy is home, i would have brought a collar back though, an infection is likely if he licks. Would he chew a pair of pants :?
Maybe its an idea to sleep near him to keep an eye on him.
Glad it's over for you anyways :)

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 19 Mar 2009, 23:02

Pleased it's over, and all's OK. At least it only has to be done once, poor thing. Lucy sends her brother a hug :D
Lucy

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 19 Mar 2009, 23:21

Thanks guys !

Teddy has got perkier as the evening has progressed - he is currently in the process of destroying the Kong Wubber that I bought him at the vets today. Ironically, he's almost removed one ball from it :shock: :lol:

I will put a pair of OH's undies on him and will be sleeping downstairs to keep an eye on him.. I can always pick up a collar tomorrow if he needs one.

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 19 Mar 2009, 23:28

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just read that completely wrong - thought you were putting on OH's undies and sleeping downstairs in them - and that's without a glass of red in my hand!!
Glad he's feeling better and not too sorry for himself (as most guys would :roll: )

amber

Post by amber » 19 Mar 2009, 23:59

liverbird wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just read that completely wrong - thought you were putting on OH's undies and sleeping downstairs in them - and that's without a glass of red in my hand!!
Glad he's feeling better and not too sorry for himself (as most guys would :roll: )
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too much wine me thinks. She's not right is she Liz :? :lol: :wink:

Laus

Post by Laus » 20 Mar 2009, 00:05

Really glad to hear it all went well :D :D - fingers crossed for a stress free night (to whoever is wearing the undies!!! :lol: :lol: )

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 20 Mar 2009, 12:02

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No it's definitely the dog that wears the pants in this house !!!!

Actually, they only stayed on 2 mins cos they were too big and kept falling off !!

He was fine though and hasn't been licking. He is still very whiny today but we've just got back from a gentle walk in the park and he was pulling like billio every time he saw another dog - so methinks he can't be in too much discomfort. He is an attention seeker and I don't want to encourage his whining so I'm trying not to pay too much attention, whilst keeping an eye on him at the same time ! Tricky balance.

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

Laus

Post by Laus » 20 Mar 2009, 14:54

:lol: :lol:
Glad he had a good night though- sounds like he'll be boucning around again and causind havoc in no time!!
P.s you're thread has really made me think i must book dudley in to be 'done' ....i'm off to find the phone! :shock: Don't tell him!! :lol: :lol:

amber

Post by amber » 20 Mar 2009, 15:47

Glad Teddy is doing ok Liz :)

marshybee

Post by marshybee » 20 Mar 2009, 20:42

Glad he's ok and that you managed to survive thank god for a glass of red.

jeannie_matty

Post by jeannie_matty » 22 Mar 2009, 10:56

Hi Liz

So glad Teddy's ok. I have booked Frankie in for the 17th April - he will be 81/2 months then so it's good to read everything's going well for you.

I was going to buy one of those neck collar thingys (don't know what they're called) which fit around the neck and restrict their reach - do you think it would be a waste of money?

Wish I (and Frankie of course!! Ha ha slip of the tongue!) was on the right side of the 'op' too.

Keep us posted on his progress - it sounds like he's doing really well.

Jean
Jean and Frankie

sawbrook

Post by sawbrook » 22 Mar 2009, 19:37

Murray recently had the op - we bought a buster collar £4 from the vet - he wore it for maybe 1-2 hours on the day he came home but was bumping into things and getting caught on door frames - so we took it off and he was good - OH slept on the sofa to be near him on first night but after that we treated him normally and he was absolutely fine.
Sarah & Murray
Image Image

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 22 Mar 2009, 22:09

So glad it's all gone well Liz. The worst part is over now & if he struggles with no walkies then that just shows how much better he's feeling. I still keep flitting between 'am I doing the right thing sending Mungo off next month' then we have a naughty walk and I think 'the sooner the better' :lol: :lol: :lol: He's been a little angel this weekend so it's the former at the moment :roll:

Big cuddles to Teddy and also to Freya - Mungo says 'Happy Mother's day!'.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 22 Mar 2009, 22:23

RachPach wrote: Big cuddles to Teddy and also to Freya - Mungo says 'Happy Mother's day!'.
aaaawww how sweet thankyou Mungo!

Mummy, Freya says, Thanks kid :mrgreen: :D
xx

Debs & Co

Post by Debs & Co » 23 Mar 2009, 17:34

Great tips everyone, I have just found a pair of the OH's pants for barney next week, perhaps i'll go for the light colour then he can show off his new fashion accessory :lol: :lol: :lol:
URL=http://www.GlitterMaker.com/]Image[/URL]

ImageImage
[/url]