Funny Tum?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bubbarooandemmatoo

Funny Tum?

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 25 Mar 2009, 09:17

Not for one over your cornflakes but.......Oh deary me, I think I may have upped Woofs food intake a tad much too quickly.

Several messy poos,normally firing out Woofs behind with the similar action of a water pistol firing!

Ive not given him any brekkie, should I let him settle for a bit or any suggestions on re-introducing his Burns diet or maybe adding something to settle it?

Jac

Re: Funny Tum?

Post by Jac » 25 Mar 2009, 10:15

Oh dear, I think I may be part to blame telling you how much food his brother Rudi eats. :oops:

When my dogs get an upset tummy I don't feed them for a day to give their system a rest, then feed them really bland food eg white fish. But in Woof's case he's probably had a bit too much rich food so it's probably best to just half his meal qualities until he gets back to normal.
The Bear

Jac

Post by Jac » 25 Mar 2009, 10:19

Forgot to say, if you are really worried, the vets can give him tablets (they look like chalk) to bung him up a bit.
The Bear

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 25 Mar 2009, 10:54

Thanks so much Jacqui. I think I panicked a bit that Woof was so much lighter then him.lol He was weighed when he was micro chipped at 4.8kg ,just weighed him now and hes 7.5kg. Is that ok?

Im leaving him without food until dinner this eve and slowly start up again. :(

Hes not himself for sure. I feel bad now and it was OH who had to clean up the jet propelled mess on the very furry rug.oops! :oops:

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 25 Mar 2009, 11:33

Poor woof!

We've been in contact with a few of Alfie's siblings recently and the variation in weight at 6 months is huge, Alfie is about 15kg, Roxy is around 9kg and Minnie is a bit lighter than that!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

Jac

Post by Jac » 25 Mar 2009, 11:59

I wouldn't worry about the weight of your labradoodle - there is such a variation and there is no 'right' weight. Ruby is fully grown and she weighs between 19-20kg whereas her brother is about 30kg!

I think Woof will be a lean and leggy boy whereas Rudi already has paws the size of a labrador :shock: so I think he is going to be more of a cart horse! But I think they are all lovely whatever shape or size they turn out to be. :D

I hope Woof is feeling better soon.
The Bear