poopie problems help!!!!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
benjiboy

poopie problems help!!!!

Post by benjiboy » 29 Mar 2009, 23:02

:P Hello all, i am new on here, my doodle Benji is two years old and just recenty has on occasions started to poop, either in the night or early morning ( not sure what time ), he has never done this before. Wonderin if anyone out ther has had this problem or any suggestions or advice. :( I will post some pics soon.

Lola

Re: poopie problems help!!!!

Post by Lola » 29 Mar 2009, 23:17

where does he sleep? i.e. cage or open space

benjiboy

Post by benjiboy » 30 Mar 2009, 16:50

Lola wrote:where does he sleep? i.e. cage or open space
:D Hi, benji sleeps in our back lounge in his bed, no cage!! he has always slept in there, his routine has not changed or his feeding times or food?? its really odd!! but rather annoying to wake up to!! :(

amber

Post by amber » 30 Mar 2009, 16:55

Sometimes they regress if there has been a change to their routine. Has there been anything that could have upset him?
Try going back to basic training, rewarding!

benjiboy

Post by benjiboy » 30 Mar 2009, 16:59

amber wrote:Sometimes they regress if there has been a change to their routine. Has there been anything that could have upset him?
Try going back to basic training, rewarding!
Thanks i will try that but his routine has always been the same!! he has not been neutered and just looking into it now! wondering if it may be a territory thing?? :twisted:

Bid

Post by Bid » 30 Mar 2009, 17:52

Has anything changed outside your home - a new dog next door for example? I've no idea whether it's the same with dogs, but I know that the dominant cat in an area will leave it's poo in a prominant position to show his supremacy :?
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Lola

Post by Lola » 30 Mar 2009, 19:34

Have you tried to take him for a short walk in the evening to stimulate an evacuation before bed?

benjiboy

Post by benjiboy » 30 Mar 2009, 21:51

Lola wrote:Have you tried to take him for a short walk in the evening to stimulate an evacuation before bed?
:) thankyou for your help will try anything!!! I have also bought some spray for the floor tonight from pets at home, so fingers crossed!!!!! :roll:
ps. your doodle looks adorable, i have been trying to add some pics, but not managed i yet!

Jeanny

Post by Jeanny » 31 Mar 2009, 21:01

Try feeding him at a different time. If he's getting caught out it could just be the amount of time between eating and needing to go.

Best of luck
Arianne, dirty, hot and scruffy - now a whole year old - with her pal Mollie.

benjiboy

Post by benjiboy » 01 Apr 2009, 22:59

Jeanny wrote:Try feeding him at a different time. If he's getting caught out it could just be the amount of time between eating and needing to go.

Best of luck
thankyou all!! used the keep off spray, seems to have worked so far!! :D

lizzie tb

Post by lizzie tb » 05 Apr 2009, 18:29

My 7 month puppy started doing this again, although he sleeps in a cage. I was told to change the time I feed him and not as much on an evening. About four o'clock was suggested. I did this and he stopped.
My older dog wee'd in the house, a couple of times, I couldn't believe it. I was told by my breeder it could be a territory thing. They were right because as soon as he was neutered he stopped.
So all the suggestions given to you worked for me- Hope they do for you!