I love spring!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
sawbrook

I love spring!

Post by sawbrook » 06 Apr 2009, 20:24

I never really took too much notice of the changing seasons... until I got my dog! Every day I go out to the woods and it is a little less muddy and a little more green as the leaves appear on the trees - I am really enjoying it!
Sarah & Murray
Image Image

lauraw

Re: I love spring!

Post by lauraw » 06 Apr 2009, 20:28

Couldn't agree more! They have put a nice new path in between trees along woods in our park and it is lovely walking through just now. Not sure how it'll be in the summer with all the midges though! Nice sunshine, puppy walking by your side and you can forget all your troubles. It's just great.

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 06 Apr 2009, 22:24

We, too, are enjoying the seasons !

We brought Teddy home at the end of August last year so have experienced the wonders of autumn and winter and are now revelling in the joys of spring.

Dog ownership enriches your life in so many ways, and in ways you just don't even think about until you have one !

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

janettehamman

Post by janettehamman » 06 Apr 2009, 22:45

ebug99 wrote:We, too, are enjoying the seasons !

We brought Teddy home at the end of August last year so have experienced the wonders of autumn and winter and are now revelling in the joys of spring.

Dog ownership enriches your life in so many ways, and in ways you just don't even think about until you have one !

Liz x
We are the same we got Holly last May and I was never really an outside person. I have never spent so much time outdoors in my life and absolutely love it, come rain or shine we are out noticing all the flowers, wildlife and the smells of the Seasons :o.

I no longer worry about my attire just being warm and wrapped up in the cold and comfortable for walking there's nothing like it :) :)
ImageImage

ImageImage

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 07 Apr 2009, 08:13

Hi

Love it too , was only saying the other day how when walking out you notice more you feel really alive. The smells of spring as mentioned are also something that I hadn't really appreciated. I have also been out without makeup !! I love it when its a bit windy too just wrap up and enjoy. Its great seeing the leaves appear on the trees, the forsythia and daffs , is this a gardening blog ?!! I am looking forward to looking at gardens develope as we walk over the summer and pinching ideas from them !!

Madeleine
ImageImage

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 07 Apr 2009, 13:12

Come on... let's all be honest! The reason we like Spring more is that our doods don't get quite so muddy!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 07 Apr 2009, 13:30

Hi

You could be right there !! We haven't had a full winter with Dylan yet so lets see how I feel this time next year !
ImageImage

Doodle1964

Post by Doodle1964 » 07 Apr 2009, 16:38

Madeleine wrote:Image

Hi

Love it too , I have also been out without makeup !!
Madeleine
:lol: Look at my doodle and not me :lol:

Does the beautiful little Dylan know what he is being blamed for I wonder?
Paul & Sue and the Daventry Doodle Tess

lauraw

Post by lauraw » 07 Apr 2009, 20:31

Had to laugh Madeleine - I've been out without the make up too (wouldn't normally inflict that on the general public!!) but then again the mornings & evenings are getting lighter! :lol: :lol: Have also been looking at the gardens, you get some really good ideas don't you!!! Amazing how when I've been running around in the park in the sunshine I haven't fallen but managed to have a coming together with Aonghus twice in the back garden!! I bruise so easily too. :( :lol:

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 07 Apr 2009, 21:02

Hi laura,
let you into a secret late at night I have slipped on old pair of trousers over nightie and gone out !! cant do that in the summer so winter has its advantagages. Dylan has a habit of charging when over the park and as he has got bigger he almost knocks you over ! he weighs 15 kg now and vet has told me a little overweight, like everything else in this house loves his food, now summer here though intend going out for at least 1 hour every day, lets hope we have a dry warm not hot summer as now I suppose we have to think of the dogs and the heat. I intend also to sit in the garden more now find a nice shady spot, glass of wine and my dog lovely !!

Madeleine
ImageImage

lauraw

Post by lauraw » 07 Apr 2009, 21:11

Sounds ideal Madeleine!

Pauline

Post by Pauline » 07 Apr 2009, 23:04

Come on... let's all be honest! The reason we like Spring more is that our doods don't get quite so muddy!
Absolutely!! but Colin still manages to find the muddy puddles!
I love Spring - makes me feel alive!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 07 Apr 2009, 23:09

Spring is lovely (except tonight when it's pouring cats & dogs and we've just put paint on the outside walls :twisted: )
but give me Autumn any time - clear crisp September mornings,
mellowing as the sun comes up, blackberrying and peace
as the kids go back to school :lol:

We went to New Zealand in March one year and it was great
- two Autumns in one year - bliss :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage