Beaches in Kent/Sussex good for dogs???

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bubbarooandemmatoo

Beaches in Kent/Sussex good for dogs???

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 15 Apr 2009, 07:21

Why is it that when Im looking for info regarding dog friendly beaches do I come up against this very often...."Due to unruly dog behaviour councilour whatsherface has put fourth a rule that dogs shall not be allowed on said beach for the duration"... :evil: .etc etc

It appears that non doggy owners think every dog must be mental and just dying to bite your face off, could infect the entire beach with rabies, crap in your picnic, hump your children and generally behave like an out of control dog. :lol: Im dying to take Woof to the beach ,but dont want a wasted journey being told I cant go on when I get there.

Does anyone have any info on dog friendly beaches where he can run in the sea and enjoy himself, as putting him on the lead just sounds like torture (heres the beach, look at it, just look at it,look at iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit) :lol: :roll: in the kent/sussex area. annnnnnd whats this with May 1st and no dogs allowed? Does this refer to all beaches everywhere or do you think some may have designated spots ok for dogs?and will it be knee high in turd? Any good recommendations greatly appreciated.x

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Re: Beaches in Kent/Sussex good for dogs???

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 15 Apr 2009, 07:32

Just found two according to the Times newspaper if anyones interested. :D

6. Camber Sands beach, East Sussex :D

This vast expanse of south coast sand is real favourite with Kentish canines. Dogs are restricted to certain parts of the beach but there’s no shortage of space. This well-managed beach has plenty of parking, an ice cream kiosk, toilets and dog bins. At low tide it’s a bit of a journey to the sea, so plan your arrival time with care if you’ve got a poodle that likes to paddle.

Directions: Signposted from the A259. Follow the coast road to Camber.

and...

9. Whitstable, Kent :D

This picturesque seaside town famed for its tasty oysters also has an extra special beach. Not only is the beach dog friendly, but the popular pub, The Old Neptune, is situated right on the beach and welcomes dogs too.

Yay! anymore very welcome though.

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 15 Apr 2009, 07:44

Hi

Picture of Dylan and friend Monty on Seasalter beach last weekend which is just down the road from Whitstable. As mentioned check tides but there is still room for you to walk on Seasalter when high tide anyway. The pub was visited too and there is plenty of tables outside overlooking the sea, the fish and chips are recommended too !! like you though I will be looking for dog friendly places from May 1st,
ImageImage

wellf

Post by wellf » 15 Apr 2009, 08:24

Hi

We love Goring - walk from the sea lane cafe to the bluebird and beyond to Angmering. You can walk on the grassy path and theres lots of other dogs down there too. We have an advantage that Roo doesn't like the sea - so she keeps dry too.

Roxydoodle

Post by Roxydoodle » 15 Apr 2009, 08:47

I went to Dymchurch a couple of weeks with my sisters two dogs. Checking the tide time is a very good idea :D

linny

Post by linny » 15 Apr 2009, 09:54

Love the beach pics!
It's a shame that we are not allowed free access all year round isn't it.
It makes me cross, :x
I can understand having a dog free beach when they are packed with people(June, July , August) but five months seems so unfair.
Ambrose and Kerris both love the beach, Millie, Roscoe and Rupert can take it or leave it.
As for me I am very restricted time wise during the winter months because of work commitment so I lose out all round :roll: ....and I love walking by the sea.

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 15 Apr 2009, 12:01

We take Alfie over to Whitstable, it's stoney and normally cold, but he loves it!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

Parker

Post by Parker » 15 Apr 2009, 12:24

wellf wrote:Hi

We love Goring - walk from the sea lane cafe to the bluebird and beyond to Angmering. You can walk on the grassy path and theres lots of other dogs down there too. We have an advantage that Roo doesn't like the sea - so she keeps dry too.

Waaaah! Just what I was about to say! That's our patch and we walk it most days :D . If you time it right the tide goes out for miles so there's loads more space (watch out for the rock pools) and of course at that time the sea is centimetres deep so if your dood likes water - it's perfect to keep them cool.

Both cafes mentioned above are great too - the Bluebird does a 'dog sausage' (which looks raw but I think it has been nuked) for £1. Well behaved dogs are also allowed inside. They do a great brekkie too!

There are certain parts of Worthing/Goring beach which are restricted form 1st May but they are between the two launching ramps to the eastern end of Goring and nearer to Worthing itself.
Jo and Parker x
Image Image

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 15 Apr 2009, 18:25

Thanks everyone! we are going adventuring tommorrow, weather permitting. Ill be sure to take pics of Woofs first sea experience. Cant wait. :D :D

Buddy

Post by Buddy » 15 Apr 2009, 18:48

Sorry just read your thread :oops: yaehhhhhhhhhhh you found some! have a wonderful day. Look forward to the pictures :D

Parker

Post by Parker » 16 Apr 2009, 20:03

So . . . . where did you go and did you have fun?
Jo and Parker x
Image Image