Mungo's first trip to the beach...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
RachPach

Mungo's first trip to the beach...

Post by RachPach » 22 Apr 2009, 21:54

Hi everyone.

We decided to make the most of the lovely weather over the Easter hols to take Mungo (9 months) to the beach for the first time. We thought we'd see how a woof affected the family hols. We went to Cornwall for 4 days & needless to say, Mungo loved it. Especially the beach, so much so that we seemed to spend most of it trying to get him back on the lead. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Here's Mungo after OH spent 1 1/2 hours playing 'can't catch me' whilst the kids and I had hot choccies in the cafe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And here's Mungo disappearing off for an impromptu game of footy with a couple of strangers :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bless, I think he was just trying to tell us how much he loves playing with balls as he's having his off on Monday. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rach & Mungo

amber

Re: Mungo's first trip to the beach...

Post by amber » 22 Apr 2009, 22:32

Aaaww he's gorgeous Rach. 8)
Glad you all had fun. He has his mums colour eyes, bless him!
Good luck with the op, don't let him lick it afterwards
Ever bossy
Linda xx :P

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 22 Apr 2009, 22:44

Cheers Linda. Have to say, I'm dreading Monday. He's been so good recently and really seems to have grown up so it makes me wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I guess I know I am but it's horrible putting them through an operation that's not necessary. I'll be glad to get it over with.

He's going for a pre-op haircut on Friday so he's nice and clean for the vets - I'll post some photos of his new 'do' then.

Love to you all.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 22 Apr 2009, 22:49

Hi Rach
We will look forward to the pics.
You are doing the best thing getting him neutered. Just
think, no runningafter girls in a bit, and no male cancers to cut his life short.
He'll be fine, don't worry! :wink:
Robbie was no different after his op, he still gets the lipstick out sometimes too :roll:

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 22 Apr 2009, 23:54

Hi Rach,

We loved the vid and pic of Mungo, especially the bit where he ran after the ball cos that's exactly what Teddy would do !!!!!
Good luck for Monday - Teddy was really good so hopefully it will run in the family !!

Will be thinking of you !

Liz, OH and Teddy x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

Rhonk

Post by Rhonk » 23 Apr 2009, 07:51

Brilliant!!!! It's so good to see another dog behaving in exactly the same way as Bonzo and other people having the same 'oh no' conversation!!!!! When we are out and about other dogs seem to under control!!! And then there's Bonzo......... Looks like you had fun!!!!!

janettehamman

Post by janettehamman » 23 Apr 2009, 08:32

That's great. Loved that video, makes me realise my doodle is just a typical doodle same as others running around like mad enjoying themselves 8)

Glad you had a great time. Holly is now 14 months, had her 10 months and just starting to really master the recall, good luck
ImageImage

ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 23 Apr 2009, 09:25

Great to see the pics and video of Mungo enjoying himself on the beach :) he's a good looking boy...but then he comes from a lovely family tree so he's bound to be gorgeous.
Good luck with the neutering...it's the right decision ...as "bossy" says.....tee hee Lin :lol: :lol:
Where were you in Cornwall... :?:

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 23 Apr 2009, 17:58

Thanks for all the responses making me feel a whole lot better about having a naughty dog :D

I've just taken him a walk and he completely ran off so feeling better about getting him done now :lol: :lol: :lol: Plus he tried to hump a lab at the end of her season yesterday so he certainly knows what to do :shock:

I'll post some pics of his new haircut tomorrow.

Oh and we were all over Cornwall - the videa was taken on Watergate Bay beach and the photo at Perrinporth but we also took him to Padstow & Fowey & Looe. It's so beautiful and dog-friendly there so we'll definitely be back.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 23 Apr 2009, 22:56

Will you do a before and after-please :D

Parker

Post by Parker » 24 Apr 2009, 09:32

Oh - the familiar sight of a doodle bum vanishing off in the distance lol!

Can't wait to see the before and after piccies and best wishes for a pleasant de-knackering. :?
Jo and Parker x
Image Image

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 24 Apr 2009, 14:14

OMG he's been scalped! What have I done?!!! Can't bring myself to post the pics just yet. How long will it take to grow back, he looks weird poor thing.

Saying that he does seem very happy, he's leaping round the garden like a puppy again.

Right off to hide all the mirrors whilst he's in blissful ignorance.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 24 Apr 2009, 15:45

aww Rach. he'll grow back so quickly and he'll feel so nice too. go on show us :mrgreen:

annabanana

Post by annabanana » 25 Apr 2009, 22:54

Where are the piccies! I'm sure he is still a handsome chap!

amber

Post by amber » 25 Apr 2009, 23:10

We are waiting Rach :lol: :mrgreen:
I'm sure he is even more gorgeous.
Why are we waiting :wink: