Mungo's first trip to the beach...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
ebug99

Re: Mungo's first trip to the beach...

Post by ebug99 » 25 Apr 2009, 23:51

Come on Rach hurry up with the photos !!

I bet Mungo looks fab and feels even better :D :D

It is a shock when they have their first serious haircut - it takes me a couple of days to get used to Teddy but It grows back really quickly.............................promise !!

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 26 Apr 2009, 20:05

I need to see quickly - Lucy's just about to be done! I'm really nervous about it. Are you getting used to it?

Loved the video - really made me laugh :D

Looking forward to pics.
Lucy

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 26 Apr 2009, 21:36

Okay, I'm downloading them now so get ready, it is a shock!

He's far too short in my opinion and I won't ever let her cut him this short again. I don't his body short but his head just looks plain weird.

Katie, don't let them take too much off Lucy, you'll regret it!

Here goes....
Rach & Mungo

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 26 Apr 2009, 21:56

Here's my gorgeous boy before I had him scalped.....

And here's the after....what have I done?!!! And how long will it take to grow back?

P.S. Does anyone think he looks too skinny? The vet said he's a perfect weight but now he's lost his coat he looks a bit thin to me????
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 26 Apr 2009, 22:38

Hi Rach
First his weight looks just right to me, no, defiinitely not thin at all.
I love the cut, but next time ask her to leave a bit on top, on the muzzle and ears. (It'll come back soon enough)
The rest of him is gorgeous, and he has a tail just like Chloe.
I'm glad she left that.
It will grow out so fast, but i bet he feels so good. Certainly looks a picture of health. :mrgreen:

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 26 Apr 2009, 22:46

Cheers Linda.

I know it's definitely his cut around the head I'm not keen on. Now that I've got used to it I quite like his body - he's even more cuddly :D :D :D Plus he positively flew round the fields today - he seems to love his streamlined look!

To be fair to the lady who cut him, it was my fault that his head had to be cut short. I've been doing really well with the grooming...except under his chin which I hadn't noticed until recently had got a bit matted. My fault but it just gets clogged up with food and mud :roll: Lesson learned though and that area will be getting lots of attention from now on, much to Mugno's annoyance!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I have to take him in at 8.30am so off to bed now. Wish us luck.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 26 Apr 2009, 22:57

Good luck to you, although he will be just fine.
Be glad when it's all over for you both though.
Come back tomorrow and let us know when he is back home
Linda xx

Parker

Post by Parker » 27 Apr 2009, 11:42

Love Mungo's hair cut! I hope all goes well today and I look forward to hearing he's home and happy, well as happy as he can be :?
Jo and Parker x
Image Image

amber

Post by amber » 27 Apr 2009, 14:45

Hows Mungo Rach. Been thinking of you both.
Linda xx

RachPach

Post by RachPach » 27 Apr 2009, 18:31

Hiya
I've got my baby back :D :D :D

He's a bit subdued and is walking into everything with his damn lampshade but apart from that doesn't seem too bad. I don't think he trusts me anymore though, I can see him thinking 'she cut my gorgeous hair off on Friday, my balls today, what's next?' :shock:

The vet nurse (who has a labradoodle) asked me what I'd done to him when I dropped him off this am - not sure she liked the clipped look either! I did ask whether there are any vitamins I can give him to make his hair grow back quickly but, alas no.

Right, back to my baby for some more cuddles.
Rach & Mungo

amber

Post by amber » 27 Apr 2009, 19:48

Sorry Rach, but you really made us laugh. Alex is worried because when he used to have have i used to cut it, now he hasn't got hair...
He'll be back to normal soon enough and i'm sure he doesnt't blame you really :D :lol: :mrgreen:

annabanana

Post by annabanana » 27 Apr 2009, 21:20

I think Mungo looks really handsome with his new hair cut - he looks like he feels really soft if that makes sense! :P

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 29 Apr 2009, 17:19

Hiyah,

I've had PC troubles so only been able to get online briefly before being kicked off - grrrrrrrr !!

Anyway, I think Mungo looks great with his clip - it's a shock to the system when you first see the dog underneath, you don't realise how much is fur :shock:
I'm sure he's appreciating being cooler in this weather, it'll grow back before you know it and you'll have to take him again :lol:

I hope he's speaking to you again Rach after his op - if he's anything like his brother, he'll be bouncing around like nothing's happened and you'll be wondering how the hell you're going to manage with lead only walks for the next 10 days :shock: :shock: :lol:

Liz x

PS - what are your plans for the summer hols ?? We've got an open invitation to stay with friends near Cheltenham - might you be around for a walk ?
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

misskatie

Post by misskatie » 29 Apr 2009, 21:36

He looks so grown up, and gorgeous! Where does the time go - what happened to our little puppies?!
Hope he's feeling OK after his op. Kisses from his sister xx
Lucy

Ursula

Post by Ursula » 30 Apr 2009, 11:28

Mungo looks very handsome and silky with his new hairdo. I love the vid of him, that is so typically doodle running off after the ball. They are sooo quick when they get going. Beeza always seems to run off when it's up hill, so there I am panting and puffing as I reach whoever he has decided to Doodle Mug.
Ursula & BeezaImage