The WIERDEST thing happened at 3am!!!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bubbarooandemmatoo

The WIERDEST thing happened at 3am!!!

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 04 May 2009, 21:44

After listening to Woof's plea's for a new bed I treated him to a fab cushion from pets@home with an rspca paw print on it. Got it home, he wasnt too fussed. Went up to bed so he had the choice of bed or floor. He went with new bed. Then around 3am I either woke up just before (like you know somethings going to happen) or was woken by Woof wimpering and barking as if very frightened. I jumped up and while fumbling for the light all I saw was flashes of blue light around him. Tons of it, darting around, jumping and moving eratically. The blue light that is, not Woof. He was so scared and me to, heart still pumping when I think about it. I couldnt get him on the bed for love nor chicken wing so am hoping pet@home will exchange 2mrw. I threw the bed out the door and gave him a duvet to sleep on. The oddest thing. He has no access to plugs of cables to chew so have ruled out an electric shock but what on earth was it!!!??? He's fine now and was after I threw the bed out, but Im just so gobsmacked and a little bit freaked out to say the least. Odd.

Em.x

Lola

Re: The WIERDEST thing happened at 3am!!!

Post by Lola » 04 May 2009, 21:53

Its just static!

tonight turn off the light and rub the bed vigorously and you will see it again.

Cheers, Paul

Rhonk

Post by Rhonk » 04 May 2009, 22:06

I have some pjs that do the same - sparks fly all night -hehehehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Poor Woof must have been terrified! Glad he's ok now.... :D

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 04 May 2009, 22:24

Lola wrote:Its just static!

tonight turn off the light and rub the bed vigorously and you will see it again.

Cheers, Paul
Trust me, there'll be no bed rubbing here! lol. Its in the boot of my car ready to go back. :lol: My OH mentioned static, but it gave me the right heebie jeebies and Woof wont go near it. Thats £32 well spent.NOT! Lets just hope I dont get some jobsoworth pet@home employee who wont give me an exchange. Dont think I'll go into the whole story of blue flashing lights, may just say it was the wrong shade of brown! :lol:

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 04 May 2009, 22:39

Ah, poor Woof, he must have been very scared :cry:

Try Argos for pet beds. I got some great big floppy ones last year in their half price sale for £17 ish each. I got three but they are down to 2 now as Jack (aka Little Bugger) keeps eating them :twisted: so I have patched and repaired no end.

Now I am going to make him one out of an old duvet and cover so not too costly (if i can sew on my machine with one hand :oops: ) Cotton covers do away with the static problem if you use them on carpet but they are very chewable :twisted:

Has anyone tried those VERY expensive non-chew waterproof ones called Tuffies? Might splash out but no point wasting £80 :shock: :shock: if LB can still chew them.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 04 May 2009, 22:57

[quote="MrsAdmin"]Ah, poor Woof, he must have been very scared :cry:

Try Argos for pet beds. I got some great big floppy ones last year in their half price sale for £17 ish each. I got three but they are down to 2 now as Jack (aka Little Bugger) keeps eating them :twisted: so I have patched and repaired no end.

quote]

Was just having a browse on their website! Thank you. Hope the hand heals quickly-and I totally agree with doods being buggers. My OH let rip the other day as discovered Woof had chewed on every corner of every rattan basket/box we have in the house. Thats approx 6 of them at £40 a pop. Ahem....I suggested replacing them....in a few years. :lol:

Jeanny

Post by Jeanny » 06 May 2009, 13:56

In one of my more energetic moments I made a bean bag. Bag of beans from dunelm mill. Old nylon curtain. Sew curtain into big big bag (so beans can move around). Then got some really tough cotton material, offcut from somewhere. Sew a zip in first - then join the other sides. To make it taller with a bit of shape, turn inside out and sew across all the corners.
Its been well loved and surprisingly not chewed.

xx
Jeanny
Arianne, dirty, hot and scruffy - now a whole year old - with her pal Mollie.

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 06 May 2009, 14:00

Bubbarooandemmatoo wrote:

Cheers, Paul
Trust me, there'll be no bed rubbing here! lol. Its in the boot of my car ready to go back. :lol: My OH mentioned static, but it gave me the right heebie jeebies and Woof wont go near it. Thats £32 well spent.NOT! Lets just hope I dont get some jobsoworth pet@home employee who wont give me an exchange. Dont think I'll go into the whole story of blue flashing lights, may just say it was the wrong shade of brown! :lol:
Always try and get the little, skinny guy with greasy dark hair who works there, and take woof in with you. He does what he's told with regard to refunds, etc, and also makes a big fuss of the dogs!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

amber

Post by amber » 06 May 2009, 23:04

Bubbarooandemmatoo wrote:After listening to Woof's plea's for a new bed I treated him to a fab cushion from pets@home with an rspca paw print on it. Got it home, he wasnt too fussed. Went up to bed so he had the choice of bed or floor. He went with new bed. Then around 3am I either woke up just before (like you know somethings going to happen) or was woken by Woof wimpering and barking as if very frightened. I jumped up and while fumbling for the light all I saw was flashes of blue light around him. Tons of it, darting around, jumping and moving eratically. The blue light that is, not Woof. He was so scared and me to, heart still pumping when I think about it. I couldnt get him on the bed for love nor chicken wing so am hoping pet@home will exchange 2mrw. I threw the bed out the door and gave him a duvet to sleep on. The oddest thing. He has no access to plugs of cables to chew so have ruled out an electric shock but what on earth was it!!!??? He's fine now and was after I threw the bed out, but Im just so gobsmacked and a little bit freaked out to say the least. Odd.

Em.x
Could woof have found a new friend i wonder! :P :wink:

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 07 May 2009, 10:34

[/quote]

Could woof have found a new friend i wonder! :P [/quote]

Like ET perhaps? :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

amber

Post by amber » 07 May 2009, 21:13

Quote, Like ET perhaps

Perhaps, perhaps not :wink: :lol:

I once came into the kitchen at 3am to see the microwave a flash of all blue electric light. The odd thing was it was not even plugged in.
I was particularly upset that night as i had had to have my rabbit pts that afternoon. He was only 9 months and he had early stage Myxy. Very sad. But i saw what occured as a message. Yes it was a personal thing, but then again, who is to say 8) :lol:

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 08 May 2009, 14:42

sophieandmatt wrote:
Bubbarooandemmatoo wrote:

Cheers, Paul
Always try and get the little, skinny guy with greasy dark hair who works there, and take woof in with you. He does what he's told with regard to refunds, etc, and also makes a big fuss of the dogs!
LOL! Hilarious, and so true! He does do what hes told, bless him. lol, that only makes sense if you know him doesnt it! Im laughing on my own here Matt! :lol:

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 08 May 2009, 14:45

Jeanny wrote:In one of my more energetic moments I made a bean bag. Bag of beans from dunelm mill. Old nylon curtain. Sew curtain into big big bag (so beans can move around). Then got some really tough cotton material, offcut from somewhere. Sew a zip in first - then join the other sides. To make it taller with a bit of shape, turn inside out and sew across all the corners.
Its been well loved and surprisingly not chewed.

xx
Jeanny

I wish I was that handy! me and making stuff never normally works out. :lol: