Doodle Times Question?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Carole g

Re: Doodle Times Question?

Post by Carole g » 10 May 2009, 12:27

Nor can I, but luckily for Rob he had moved his forum, just found it :D . I'm sure we all agree that these Hackers are total scum.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

cazdelan

Post by cazdelan » 10 May 2009, 12:32

Carole g wrote:Nor can I, but luckily for Rob he had moved his forum, just found it :D . I'm sure we all agree that these Hackers are total scum.
I'm sure he would, he would not agree that anti-Islamic religious comments were appropriate in any circumstances.

Bid

Post by Bid » 10 May 2009, 12:38

Oh for goodness sake :roll: :roll: - it's been nice & quiet & friendly on here for ages. Those of you that you want to be childish & cause trouble, go & do it on your own forums :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

groover

Post by groover » 10 May 2009, 13:07

GUNNER wrote:
kats wrote:OHs an IT guy and he's just said be careful if you open any emails addressed from DT administrators incase it's the hackers using their logins.
not sure how you'd find out for sure without opening it :?

perhaps if anyone's got a phone no for any of the administrators they could ask them to post on here first before they email anyone?
We'll keep you all informed of any updates on here.
Thank you to Mark for allowing us the use of his forum to keep you all in the loop.
i got an email from the labradoodle trust last night
saying they were aware of my interest in adopting, but i hadn't contacted them about anything, so thought it was strange at the time.
now a bit worried

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

dustysmum

Post by dustysmum » 10 May 2009, 13:14

chris has just found this i hope it is of help we think it is the same hacker :evil:

Posted in Crime, 19th March 2009 14:50 GMT

Free whitepaper – Making flexible working work for you

An IT contractor has been charged with sabotaging offshore oil rig computer systems.

Mario Azar, 28, of Upland, California, allegedly damaged a drilling firm's computers out of spite after it declined to offer him permanent employment. Azar faces an indictment for unauthorised impairment of a protected computer, an offence punishable by a maximum sentence of up to ten years' imprisonment.

Until May 2008, Azar worked as an IT consultant with the Long Beach-based Pacific Energy Resources. He helped set up a computer system used to communicate between PER's offices and its oil platforms, carrying out functions such as remote telemetry and "leak detection".

Shortly after leaving the job, Azar allegedly hacked into the system and "caused damage by impairing the integrity and availability of data," according to the indictment returned by a Los Angeles grand jury on Wednesday. The assault caused thousands of dollars of damages, prosecutors charge.

Fortunately, although PER briefly lost control of its telemetry systems, the outage did not result in any oil leaks or environmental harm. The case was investigated by the FBI and the Long Beach Police Department who uncovered unspecified evidence that led to Azar's arrest.

Azar faces a court date over the hacking charge in a US District Court in Los Angeles on 6 April. ®

* Gas refineries at Defcon 1 as SCADA exploit goes wild (8 September 2008)
* Irate sysadmin locks San Francisco officials out of network (15 July 2008)
* Oil rig dream bomb taxpayer bill 'astronomical' (11 February 2008)
* NASA: Space station computer sabotaged (27 July 2007)

Barb

Post by Barb » 10 May 2009, 13:26

groover wrote: i got an email from the labradoodle trust last night
saying they were aware of my interest in adopting, but i hadn't contacted them about anything, so thought it was strange at the time.
now a bit worried

xxx
We know about that email, Groover, and there is no need to worry. It is not linked to the hackers.

clarey

Post by clarey » 10 May 2009, 13:55

Barb wrote:
now a bit worried

xxx
We know about that email, Groover, and there is no need to worry. It is not linked to the hackers.
That's a relief - when I read that Groover, it reminded me that I got that email a few days ago too!! :shock: Forgot to mention it to anyone, just thought it was a mistake!

Clare & Roxy

jeannie_matty

Post by jeannie_matty » 10 May 2009, 14:04

Just tried to log-on to DT!!! Now sure what's going on? What does a hacker do?? will he have our addresses, phone numbers etc?????
Jean and Frankie

groover

Post by groover » 10 May 2009, 14:09

clarey wrote:
Barb wrote:
now a bit worried

xxx
That's a relief - when I read that Groover, it reminded me that I got that email a few days ago too!! :shock: Forgot to mention it to anyone, just thought it was a mistake!

Clare & Roxy
phew!

thank goodness for that. wasn't sure whether to be scared that the hacker may have my info, or that i was secretly trying to adopt a doodle without my own knowledge. LOL

xxx
:shock: :shock: :shock:

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

jeannie_matty

Post by jeannie_matty » 10 May 2009, 16:30

Its not good making racist remarks about people like this ..
I am actually half cast.
There seemed to be alot of this going on Doodle Times !!!!
Also alot about family planning thought this forum was actually for the Labradoodle Rescue.
Is it paid for from them also? Quote from Cazdelan
Have I missed something? Where is the racist, anti-islamic remarks?? Was it on the screen when it was hacked????!!!!!
Jean and Frankie

dustysmum

Post by dustysmum » 10 May 2009, 16:52

jeannie_matty wrote:
Its not good making racist remarks about people like this ..
I am actually half cast.
There seemed to be alot of this going on Doodle Times !!!!
Also alot about family planning thought this forum was actually for the Labradoodle Rescue.
Is it paid for from them also? Quote from Cazdelan
Have I missed something? Where is the racist, anti-islamic remarks?? Was it on the screen when it was hacked????!!!!!
there wasnt any remark jeanne its just some people always try to stir up bad feeling when anyone fron DT comes on the site its best just to ignore them ,i hasten to add just a couple of people evryone else is lovely :D

joanneday

Post by joanneday » 10 May 2009, 16:57

I think its maybe got mixed up with the 'doodle times statement' thread

jeannie_matty

Post by jeannie_matty » 10 May 2009, 17:13

Oh right-I thought I was being a bit thick as usual!! Ha ha! :oops:
Jean and Frankie

linny

Post by linny » 10 May 2009, 23:57

I had a notification from DT saying I had a PM , when I clicked on the link I got the hackers message and the finger !...would I have compromised My PC?

Barb

Post by Barb » 10 May 2009, 23:58

linny wrote:I had a notification from DT saying I had a PM , when I clicked on the link I got the hackers message and the finger !...would I have compromised My PC?
No. Your PC would be perfectly safe.