Rutland Manor. Is this the truth behind the legend?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
CAROL SHAW

Re: Rutland Manor. Is this the truth behind the legend?

Post by CAROL SHAW » 16 Jul 2009, 22:44

To HEIKE? Can you answer my question have you been to Rutland manor or met Beverley Manners? (Manners seem to be something she is short of)Are you aware that Carole and Carol are two different people with the same aim as towards the labradoodle and dog welfare?

aussiedoodles

Post by aussiedoodles » 17 Jul 2009, 02:49

We note with interest that RM have tonight announced the arrival of yet another Litter of Poodle cross Puppies.

mhayhurst
Site Admin

Post by mhayhurst » 17 Jul 2009, 06:54

I really now think this thread has run its course.

I thank Beverley for contributing to the thread and understand that this required courage. I'm also grateful to smilerz who appears to be the only one with first hand, recent experience who can confirm that the facilities at RM are in excellent condition and that the standards of care and cleanliness are of good standing.

It is clear from the thread (and from other forums) that there are those who have an axe to grind (on both "sides" I might add) and in a number of cases I have significant reservations about their motivations and their methods. Thankfully the latter are in a minority.

As for the breeding frequency issues there is clearly some debate generally about whether "back to back" breeding, and the breeding from bitches from a relatively early age is or is not in the dog's interest. People will have to decide for themselves. As far as the UKLA Code of Practice is concerned it is not considered acceptable.

Mark