Im now a fully paid up member of the "hurl an insult club"

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bubbarooandemmatoo

Im now a fully paid up member of the "hurl an insult club"

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 03 Aug 2009, 19:54

Its happend, and it made me upset to be honest.

Whilst walking the Woof in our regular wooded spot this old bat purposly hung back from walking her dog so I would catch up with her. Woof had bounded up to say hello, he was actually quite well behaved, not much jumping, just a good tail wagging and a bit of a sniff.

She then with an expression of disgust, spoke to me down her nose and asked "what THAT was?". Its a labradoodle I said and was given a grunted, "thought so" whilst still managing to sneer down her nose at me.

"isnt it hard with the young kids" she then stabbed at me, as if I were to say, oh yes, what a fricken nightmare, constantly biting them and often takes a fancy to the little one, if Im not careful he'l devour a whole foot! ER NO!, I said, hes like a gentle bear, best temperament on a dog Ive ever had actually.

This worked and she huffed and walked off, whilst constantly checking back to see if Woof would do anything naughty. I put him in the lead not wanting to give her the satisfaction if he did, but he was good anyway.

I appreciate its not as bad as others comments, but it made me upset a bit. Its more the way she worded it and looked down at me. I would never dream of saying that her pooch looked a bit rough around the edges or just so happend to be a vicous so and so that snapped at my child, no i just walked him away and told him that not all dogs liked to be hugged. hmph!

:( :cry: :(

carly

Re: Im now a fully paid up member of the "hurl an insult club"

Post by carly » 03 Aug 2009, 20:02

OMG what a c*w :evil:

It is just a mixture of jealousy and ignorance !

Woof is beautiful :D

Carly & Logan

mistydog

Post by mistydog » 03 Aug 2009, 20:16

Went to Wayland show yesterday and as usual Freddie got lots of looks and smiles and lots of people stopping to talk. All very friendly and some with dogs of their own (although not Doodles). We also spoke to a lady and her son with the most beautiful, white, retreiver/poodle and we had a chat, especially about clipping.
Sad thing was people steered well clear of Barney who is just as soft (so I make an extra fuss of him)
Jst look how Barney is taking care of Freddie by holding his lead.
So lots of dogs are getting reputations through the fault of owners not the dogs. When some one says something uncomplimentary about our dogs it's the same as if they were saying it about our children!

Saramel

Post by Saramel » 03 Aug 2009, 20:17

I can't understand why people think they have the right to be rude but it goes to show that by not reacting you and Woof have more good breeding in you than she does!

sylvie

Post by sylvie » 03 Aug 2009, 20:25

Good gracious dear. Pay no attention.

Murphy's mum

Post by Murphy's mum » 03 Aug 2009, 20:57

When asked 'What's that?' the answer said with the sweetest smile is....
'it's a dog!' lol
Chris :lol: :lol: :lol:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 03 Aug 2009, 21:17

People can read what they like in the papers about our (please excuse the STUPID phrase) designer dogs, as we have the best kept secrets! They just dont know what they are missing do they! And unless they have a wolf on the end of there leads, they were all crosses to to start with werent they? :wink:
ImageImageImage

SueMikeC

Post by SueMikeC » 03 Aug 2009, 21:54

And unless they have a wolf on the end of there leads, they were all crosses to to start with werent they?

What was the wolf mated with?? :lol: :lol:

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 03 Aug 2009, 22:05

oooh crikey which came first chicken or an egg? :lol:
ImageImageImage

Naillig

Post by Naillig » 04 Aug 2009, 06:58

Hmm, yes, been there, been insulted. It was just 1 rude person against loads and loads of great comments and interested people - but I did feel very miffed.

Gillian and Dougal

linny

Post by linny » 04 Aug 2009, 09:49

I am never miffed by negative comments re my wonderful Doodle :lol: he's the "Best of both"

We all know what a joy they are....
Every breed registered with the KC is the result of many years of crossbreeding to achieve a standard.
Ignorant comment is not worth worrying about.

Naillig

Post by Naillig » 04 Aug 2009, 16:02

Well said Linny!

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 05 Aug 2009, 08:03

I know, its just a comment by someone I dont know, and I shouldnt worry, but its more shocking that someone bothered to stop and say something. I wouldnt be so rude.

Toarys

Post by Toarys » 05 Aug 2009, 13:46

Thank goodness I've never had any negative comments about my dog (although she's only 6 months) We did have someone stop there car and pull over earlier on in the week (I thought she wanted directions) to tell me what a beautiful dog I had and to ask what she was!!

Sorry that there are a few ignorant people out there and you were unlucky enough to meet one. :evil:
Jo and Wispa