Looking for a Doodle friendly holiday cottage.....

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
taffyjack

Looking for a Doodle friendly holiday cottage.....

Post by taffyjack » 11 Aug 2009, 16:49

Hi all,
I've been trawling the internet for days looking for a holiday cottage in Sept, for 1 week.
Sooooo hard to find a nice detatched place to accomodate me, OH and Paddy and Olga.
Very few willing to take 2 BIG doggies :(
Was originally looking for somewhere in Somerset or Devon but now I think we'll go anywhere :?
Anywhere except Wales that is, want to at least get over the Severn Bridge :lol:
Would need an enclosed garden, shared garden no good, Olga'll be off visiting the nieghbours.
We've got a lovely touring caravan but OH thinks the dogs need the freedom of a garden, (I think he wants the space himself!)
Any suggestions gratefully accepted, I'm fed up of looking now.

Cheers,
Sue
ImageImage]

MrsAdmin

Re: Looking for a Doodle friendly holiday cottage.....

Post by MrsAdmin » 11 Aug 2009, 17:01

Try Ropewalk House or Wallpark Road, Brixham with Bluechip Vacations. They both have a large enclosed garden and are near all the walks at Berry Head Country Park.

Bluechip have loads of pet friendly places.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

JasperS

Post by JasperS » 11 Aug 2009, 22:27

Hi,

We've been to Treworgey in Cornwall several times and had a wonderful time but without a dog. We now have a dog and will be visiting as soon as possible. It is quite remote and quiet but has loads of space for walking etc.

http://www.cornishdreamcottages.co.uk/

Hope you have a good time wherever you end up.

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 11 Aug 2009, 22:39

Thanks for the info, Mrs Admin.
Have looked at Blue Chip vacations, loads of choice there, sure to find one.
Fed up of seeing "one small well behaved dog welcome" on lots of other websites, Paddy is big but very well behaved, Olga is neither of these things :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue
ImageImage]

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 11 Aug 2009, 23:04

Hi I have a friend with a holiday cottage she has a doodle herself the cottage doe not have a secured garden but the whole farm is secure it is at Satley Co Durham tel01388 730900 people on here have stayed there and rebooked

sawbrook

Post by sawbrook » 11 Aug 2009, 23:17

I too am looking for the same thing - I found this website quite useful
http://www.dogsinvited.co.uk
As we are looking at Cornwall this site is quite good as well as a reference for dog beaches http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm
Sarah & Murray
Image Image

foxy

Post by foxy » 12 Aug 2009, 01:14

taffyjack wrote:Hi all,
I've been trawling the internet for days looking for a holiday cottage in Sept, for 1 week.
Sooooo hard to find a nice detatched place to accomodate me, OH and Paddy and Olga.
Very few willing to take 2 BIG doggies :(
Was originally looking for somewhere in Somerset or Devon but now I think we'll go anywhere :?
Anywhere except Wales that is, want to at least get over the Severn Bridge :lol:
Would need an enclosed garden, shared garden no good, Olga'll be off visiting the nieghbours.
We've got a lovely touring caravan but OH thinks the dogs need the freedom of a garden, (I think he wants the space himself!)
Any suggestions gratefully accepted, I'm fed up of looking now.

Cheers,
Sue
:) Hi, there is a nice cottage with loads of grounds and greenery to run around on plus an enclosed separate garden in Somerset called Leys Cottage and its sister cottage called Foxtwitchen. photos of the place look simply wonderful. Website is www.leyscottage.co.uk or just google either of them. Prices are reasonable and you can take 2 dogs no problem!! :D . Hope this helps you a little. Foxy.

Jac

Post by Jac » 12 Aug 2009, 16:06

Hi

I would recommend Boturnell Farm Cottages in Cornwal (dogs-holiday.co.uk). They don't have a limit to how many dogs you bring (we took 5!!!).
The Bear

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 12 Aug 2009, 20:43

THANKS for your replies folks.
Knew I could rely on you all for some good ideas.
Spurred me on with the search :D :D

Sue x
ImageImage]

PeelJ

Post by PeelJ » 13 Aug 2009, 10:35

If you wanted something a bit further afield we stayed at a gorgeous converted church is Skye at www.theoldchurchholidaycottage.co.uk at Ardvasar. We have two big doods-no problem. Sleeps up to 10 so you might want to take some mates ( and their doods too!!)
J

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 14 Aug 2009, 18:59

http://www.thorneyfarmcottages.co.uk/local.asp

try these cottages in somerset, dogs are very welcome!

lizzie tb

Post by lizzie tb » 15 Aug 2009, 14:08

Hi Sue, hope you get a great holiday. I too am looking for somewhere so this thread has been very handy. Unfortunately I'm looking for somewhere in the north of England. Any recommendations anyone?

CAROL SHAW

Post by CAROL SHAW » 15 Aug 2009, 21:05

My friend who has a dof friendly cottage is in Satley Co Durham very rural but handy for Durham City,Newcastle,and Weardale her contact details are Chrissi Clark 01388 730900