negative critisism

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Nicky

negative critisism

Post by Nicky » 14 Aug 2009, 12:21

I am a bit depressed at the moment, all I get is negative abuse from people on yahoo about my labradoodle labelling him as a 'designer' breed and saying we only buy them for looks! My labradoodle is so good and intellegent what do you all think about people like this????

Jeanny

Re: negative critisism

Post by Jeanny » 14 Aug 2009, 13:11

THis seems to be an ongoing complaint on here.

I think of my doodle as characterful, goodlooking, and a breed in their own right. And I don't care what other people think.
Arianne, dirty, hot and scruffy - now a whole year old - with her pal Mollie.

Rhonk

Post by Rhonk » 14 Aug 2009, 13:21

As far as i'm concerned Bonzo is the best dog in the world!!! :lol: :D :D And i'm sure everyone on here thinks the same of their dog :D . I love the way he looks and his character. All my friends love him, most people that meet him think he is great and are interested what sort of dog he is. Sometimes they make comments about designer dogs but they have normally already said something good before they ask what he is, so they don't really have a leg to stand on :roll: . Most people that criticize have never met him or any other doodles and because he adds so much joy and quality to my life i just think anyone that says anything bad is stupid and not worth talking to so just walk away ..... doods are just great!!!! :D

GRW1

Post by GRW1 » 14 Aug 2009, 13:42

I never had any critisism of my lab x poodle because I say that's what she is. The labradoodle name makes them sound silly and some owners/breeders still say they're non-allergenic. There's a lot of irresponsible breeding and dogs, even puppies, getting dumped in rescue.

The other problem with a lot of labradoodle owners is they think it's funny if their dog chases cyclists or joggers and charges up to other dogs or leaps all over people in the park. It's irresponsible behaviour and wouldn't be put up with from other breeds. e.g. rottweilers. I'm all for seeing the funny side of bad situations but it goes beyond that.

It is hurtful if someone insults your dog but you have to ignore it. Some people don't like certain types of dogs. People on here make insulting comments about other breeds too but they don't realise they're being rude.

Toarys

Post by Toarys » 14 Aug 2009, 13:43

Nicky wrote:I am a bit depressed at the moment, all I get is negative abuse from people on yahoo about my labradoodle labelling him as a 'designer' breed and saying we only buy them for looks! My labradoodle is so good and intellegent what do you all think about people like this????
Obviously on the wrong websites then :D

I have only had nice comments about Wispa from any one that has met her.

Jo
Jo and Wispa

Bubbarooandemmatoo

Post by Bubbarooandemmatoo » 14 Aug 2009, 13:44

Weve had both good and bad comments and thank god the good outweigh the bad,but its not nice is it.
I felt pretty crappy that someone could say such things as I wouldnt dream of it. I bet youve been thinking of all the retaliation comments you could have said, but were not quick enough at the time.lol. Easy to say, but try not to let it bother you. I cant say why the odd person makes nasty remarks, Im assuming lack of understanding or a bit of "Ive been told that labradoodles are........." Either way, we have our doods, they have their attitude.Whos better off? :D

Em.x

maryanne

Post by maryanne » 14 Aug 2009, 13:52

Bad comments are bred of ignorance. Pay no heed. Doodles are intelligent sweet natured and gentle dogs, with buckets full of personality and fun. Anyone who says different knows from nothing!

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 14 Aug 2009, 15:20

They are just sad, jealous people.

Wendy

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 14 Aug 2009, 16:36

I always say Olga is a cross poodle/lab, OH tells people she's a mutt :lol:
What does the horrible term "designer dog" actually mean? :? :?: :?: :?: :?:
ImageImage]

Treacletoffee

Post by Treacletoffee » 14 Aug 2009, 16:40

Hi all, It always makes me smile when some people say designer dogs! do they not realise all breeds are designed otherwise dogs would all be the same.
Anyone who enters their dog into a show has to make sure their dog fits certain criteria for whatever breed they are showing which doesn't come naturally they have all been designed.
At the moment Doodles are so far removed from the true designer dogs as no two are perfectly the same. The only thing that seems to be similar is there wonderful personalities, which to me is far more important. Some people seem to think it is okay for a dog to win every prize going and tick all standard boxes, doesn't matter if it is snappy highly strung devil who can hardly breath, walk, see.
I think most true dog lovers appreciate a good sound dog regardless of breed. The ones who say designer doods!! are the snobs, they are only cross because a x breed is turning out to be sooooooo popular.
Doods rule best dogs I have ever owned or know
Doodling good in Cornwall
I shudder to think of a world without doods !!

annabanana

Post by annabanana » 14 Aug 2009, 17:42

I have been lucky with lovely comments about Willow especially on our recent trip to North Wales. So many people stopped to ask about her and all made positive comments. However, there is a lady in my village who is the chairperson of the mini schaunzer (sp?) association (or so she tells me) and was so rude to me. She asked me what I was thinking of paying so much for a cross breed. Firstly it's non of her business and secondly she has no idea what I paid so now I steer well clear.

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 14 Aug 2009, 18:16

Do we love our doods? YEP !

Do we really care enough about what others think? NOPE

So in the end who gives a shit, they are ours and we love them and if my doods were designed for me, then am very very grateful indeed. :D :D

Dee xx

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 14 Aug 2009, 18:22

I couldn't have put it better myself Dee!

Wendy x

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 14 Aug 2009, 18:33

Ohh thanks to everybody who has answered my post:)) you have cheered me up :D

I love my labradoodle Dexter so much and he has a lovely character! Ohh yes believe me i have fought their corner on yahoo and I did say all dogs are subject to puppy mills not just labradoodles and all dogs are bred for different purposes!

I hate the term 'designer dogs too and these people are narrow minded idiots in my opinion and i told them that.

Everyone who has met Dexter loves him and I have positive comments on the street, so who cares what others think!

P.s how do you put pictures of your labradoodle on?? I have tried but with no luck:)

Lindsey

Post by Lindsey » 14 Aug 2009, 18:59

Excellently worded Dexter_Mir, who cares? Our dogs are well loved and fantastic. Well said! Lindsey ( and getting better Meg ) xx