What did your Doods do at the weekend?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
linny

What did your Doods do at the weekend?

Post by linny » 14 Sep 2009, 00:24

Now that the children have all gone back to school, Summer actually arrived in Devon :shock: :shock:

We have had a lovely Sunday, great weather and an empty beach :!:
I threw the kids and dogs into the car and we had a great afternoon at Beesands Nr Start Point.
The sea was warm and both dogs and kids had so much fun :D ...Ambrose was in and out of the sea, Ruby played a lot of ball :D (obsessed as she is :lol: ) and Rupert chilled on a beach towel :D

There was another Dood that came onto the beach and Ambrose (being the big friendly chap that he is ) bounced over to say hello.....to be met with "go away you horrible dog" and lots of screams :shock:
Ambrose was quite taken aback :( :( ....... :shock: he has never met with this sort of response before.
Their dog was being held on a very short lead ....by a very nervous and tense young lady... Poor Dood :!:
Image :D

linny

Re: What did your Doods do at the weekend?

Post by linny » 14 Sep 2009, 00:41

tamaruke

Post by tamaruke » 14 Sep 2009, 01:15

I Love the photos

We take all of our Doodle swimming twice a day but this weekend we took two and have a Day out with fellow Doodle Lovers.
The dogs and parents had a great time.

Bid

Post by Bid » 14 Sep 2009, 09:50

Poor Ambrose :(

Poppy went to agility on Sunday, and we've been asked to take part in a demo next weekend. Some peeps on here might remember my embarassment last year when Daisy took part in her first demo, when even before her first jump she left the arena to career around the fairground visiting all the stalls :oops: . Fingerds crosses that Pops does a little better :roll:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

KateW

Post by KateW » 14 Sep 2009, 11:38

Great photos, Linny but poor Ambrose.... I am not surprised he was bewildered as whenever we have come across another doodle on the beach here it has been like an episode from "Love Story" :)

Bid, I remember Daisy's performance last year but she did very well didn't she post inspection of facilities :lol: I am sure Poppy will be a star.

We have also had wonderful weather recently and we had two and a half hours on Long Rock beach on Friday. Rufus did lots of swimming, sitting in rock pools but only met two little terriers which was a bit disappointing as they didn't want to play....Saturday evening there were open fires on the beach (teenage party) so we made a hasty diversion to the woods. Yesterday was so hot that we thought we had better have a gentle shady walk but Rufus had other ideas and raced around catching rabbits :cry: But we finished with a lovely evening beach walk and Rufus had a game with an EBT, a GSD and played football (by invitation) with some children. He won :lol:

Katherine
ImageImage

Rosikus

Post by Rosikus » 14 Sep 2009, 11:46

We went to a small dog show and came 2nd in Best Crossbreed Open. :D

Bid

Post by Bid » 14 Sep 2009, 13:54

Well done Toby - all that grooming clearly paid off :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

LynneL

Post by LynneL » 14 Sep 2009, 16:30

Actually I think he was robbed! Should have been first :lol:

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 14 Sep 2009, 17:25

We took Murphy down to the River Stour just down the road from us. He went for a swim in the river and came out absolutely stinking :roll: , but had a lovely time.

On Sunday we were very good and just took him for a walk round the roads, rather than letting him off.

Wendy x

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 14 Sep 2009, 19:44

Wendy,
Seems we had the same idea as you!
Put Olga in the bath on Saturday cause she was looking so dirty, then walked her on her lead Sunday in a valiant attempt to keep her looking like a beauty.
Today she's been out with my dad so she's back to her usual looking scruffy state :twisted:
But she's much happier than she was on Saturday or Sunday :lol:

Sue
ImageImage]

Lesley d

Post by Lesley d » 14 Sep 2009, 19:50

Murphy went to a dog show on Saturday and qualified for the scrufts grand final at discover dogs in november and Sunday we for a walk in the local woods