stopped again today

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
PaulM

stopped again today

Post by PaulM » 15 Sep 2009, 08:03

whenever I dip in here to have a browse at the posts I'll always find one where someone has received a negative comment form a stranger about their doodle, so thought I'd address the balance and ask - do you get stopped in the street much with folks wanting to find out what breed your dood is???

because we do - lots.

we only live in a small town and got approached 5 times yesterday with strangers desperate to know what breed Cooper was, how lovely he looked and how friendly he then turned out to be (plus do we dye the hair on his head, always have to convince them we don't :lol: )

and when he visits London it becomes a non-stop procession, my favourite was when 2 japanese tourists asked if they could be in a photo with him in Grenwich park!!!

So to all those forum folks who worry/get upset when a small minded individual gives them a negative comment, I can honestly say that they are in the definite minority so just ignore them, move on and just enjoy the choice you made because we do every day.

And to those deciding if they're the breed for them - just do it

And a bit of advice - OH took Cooper into work on Saturday, not sure if one year old doodles and open plan offices mix :shock: :shock: :lol: though apparently all the staff there thought he was hilarious as he proceeded to empty every bin, steal shoes, steal cushions and cause general doodle mischief
cooper boregarde

Madeleine

Re: stopped again today

Post by Madeleine » 15 Sep 2009, 08:18

hi paul

just read your very positive post and you are right, we must ignore these people and move on they are a very small minority. If only they knew the joy that our doods bring they wouldn't be so negative. Our dood makes us laugh every day and I can't imagine life without him.

He looks like your Cooper, he is also almost a year and I take him to my place of work which is a residential home for the elderly and they love him, he also loves going as they insist of feeding him biscuits !! he diesn't need much persuasion

Thank you for being so positive which we should all concentrate on.

Madeleine
ImageImage

anallew

Post by anallew » 15 Sep 2009, 09:35

Hello

Fizzy is 10 months old and we too, get stopped regularly! Being the over-excitable type Fizz just loves the attention. It doesn't help too much with trying to train her not to jump up though! :roll:

We've only ever had one negative comment and that was from an eccentric (read strange) lady. I have to say that I wouldn't be surprised if more people found her annoying because she is a totally mad fool but the reality is that most people find this endearing. Of course, it helps that she is totally beautiful! :wink:

It's also really wonderful when we bump into other dood owners or even people who have a vague connection with other doods. Cue shrill screams of excitement. "Oh look she looks like....!"

Having said that I can't believe how similar Fizzy looks to Cooper and Madelaine's dood. They're not from Cardiff are they? Here she is:

Ana
Image Ana & Fizzy

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 15 Sep 2009, 11:59

Hi

Dylan is from Hereford which I suppose is the right direction ! We went to Mini Doodles [Rachel] and are absolutely delighted with him. He is an F1 medium standing now 20inches so is a big boy. He is almost 11 months old so not too much growing to do I hope. Next year we are getting a minature from Rachel and are excited already !!

When you talk with other dood owners they all say the same , wonderful dogs with not a bad bone in their bodies. They slso have alot of fun in them and love playing hence another addition. They change lives for the better.
I love talking about him to anyone that'll listen and have become quite the doggy bore !!!!!

Doddles for ever

Madeleine

Madeleine
ImageImage

sophieandmatt

Post by sophieandmatt » 15 Sep 2009, 14:51

We get this all the time... and love it!

We've just been driving around France with Alfie, and in France they don't really have Chocolate Dogs, or 'Doodles, so he got lots of attention!
Alfie - Strong contender for Pack Leader in this house!

caroline.sid

Post by caroline.sid » 15 Sep 2009, 23:52

Yes, people are very positive about Clyde - athough it is difficult not to be about pups!
On saturday a young group of guys with a staf type pup questionned whether he was a....... jack russel! (18" and 11.5kg!!!) and on sunday we were asked if he was a wolfhound!!

When I am asked and say he is a labradoodle - most people turn to their friend/partner with .. "I told you it was a labradoodle!"

foxy

Post by foxy » 16 Sep 2009, 01:56

[quote="Madeleine"]Image

Hi

Dylan is from Hereford which I suppose is the right direction ! We went to Mini Doodles [Rachel] and are absolutely delighted with him. He is an F1 medium standing now 20inches so is a big boy. He is almost 11 months old so not too much growing to do I hope. Next year we are getting a minature from Rachel and are excited already !!

When you talk with other dood owners they all say the same , wonderful dogs with not a bad bone in their bodies. They slso have alot of fun in them and love playing hence another addition. They change lives for the better.
I love talking about him to anyone that'll listen and have become quite the doggy bore !!!!!

Doddles for ever

Madeleine

:D Hi, just to let you know that our dog is a 50/50 miniature choc labradoodle and we got him from Rai in Hereford. He is 16 weeks old and called Todd. I am so pleased with him as he is really good and affectionate with everyone. I think he will grow up to be a nice size, Rai said similar to a small spaniel. He has a gorgeous fleecy coat and is just adorable!! :) Good luck for your new pup, I am sure it will be beautiful.