Rutland Manor - when you think it can't get any worse...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
heike

Re: Rutland Manor - when you think it can't get any worse...

Post by heike » 08 Oct 2009, 01:34

20 dogs is what she has now, but not what she has had in past. This treatment of dogs did not happen just today, but for a long time. Adam is only seeing someone he has just met and feels sorry for, but what about all the dogs she has used and abused over her long breeding career???? Why don't you feel sorry for them :?: :?:

aussiedoodles

Post by aussiedoodles » 08 Oct 2009, 11:58

The false representations just keep coming

http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/2 ... el-tucker/

Lizzie B

Post by Lizzie B » 08 Oct 2009, 20:17

I feel so sorry for those poor , poor dogs.

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 08 Oct 2009, 21:17

aussiedoodles wrote:The false representations just keep coming
:lol: coming from aussiedoodles of Windsor Castle :lol:

linny

Post by linny » 08 Oct 2009, 22:11

If and when aussiedoodle chooses to divulge her actual whereabouts Adam you will be kicking your own backside :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 08 Oct 2009, 22:35

Breathe Linny... :P

I know he's the most annoying man on the planet and just an apologist for Beverley Manners but Adam Linley is not worth getting hot and bothered over.

I reckon he's determined to rile everyone into having a go at him in order to get Mark to shut down any Rutland Manor threads :roll: Best to treat his snide comments with the disdain they deserve.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

aussiedoodles

Post by aussiedoodles » 08 Oct 2009, 23:29

Well said Mrs Admin - best to ignore Adam as he is not contributing - he is antagonising!

The point being made is that this is yet more evidence of lies as pointed out by Michael Tucker himself. This contributes toward the growing list of fabricated statements made in an attempt to allude people into thinking Bev's achievements are more than they are in TRUTH.

This becomes part of a long and ever growing list of fabricated self promotion Beverley seems to be so good at.

Fabricated pedigrees, Fabricated achievements, Fabricated photos for the website, Threats and intimidation toward anyone who dares to question the evidence being presented.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 09 Oct 2009, 00:49

Well...yes ...to all the above. The fact is that people destroy their own reputation by their own actions.
As some of you know I am particularly interested in allergic families who want to have a dog, life can be quite stressful and even limited in severely allergic families and the companionship of a pet dog can be very valuable indeed, particularly to growing children. The most important consideration though has to be the safety of the family members. Enormous care is needed to make sure that the pet will have a good home for life and will enhance, and not endanger the health of the family. Rutland Manor simply sells dogs to whoever pays the money, no testing, just many promises of allergy friendliness, puppies shipped overseas with nothng like enough care. 5 puppies arrived at Los Angeles a few days ago, one immediately caused allergic reaction in a young child, a child who has now bonded wth the puppy and is suffering breathing difficulties near him. So what is Rutland Manor's best advice to this family?
That the young puppy has a perfect coat for allergies and that they should see if the child is allergic to saliva and possibly should wear gloves to handle the pet.
This whole lucrative trade is based on a false premise, in fact it is a lie to describe any dog as allergy friendly and it is a very dangerous lie. The same scenario has been played out several times before with Rutland Manor, it is less frequent now that so many of the puppies are verynearlypoodles but there is still no guarantee of safety despite the ridiculous claim of the "Non Shedding and Unique Allergy Friendly Coat" Well I have news for her ...coated dogs shed, the poodle sheds far less and into the coat rather than spread on the carpet, even the best clipped and clean poodle coat can cause a reaction, it doesn't always mean that the allergy is to saliva. Some sufferers can live with one low allergy breed and not another, there is no "rule" to it, testing all has to be based on the individual family. Some people can only live with tiny hairless dogs but such little dogs are still valuable companions.

The labradoodle coat is not "unique" or superior to the low allergy breeds such as poodle, schnauzers, bichons, irish terriers etc and there is still far too much variation in the coats for any mixed breed dog to be a good choice for any but the most mildly allergic without proper testing with both parents on several occasions, and how is that possible when on a different continent?
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 09 Oct 2009, 05:20

The allergy friendly claim isn't unique to RM or doodles, however I couldn't agree more that importing a dog and hoping that it's coat won't cause a reaction is asking for trouble.

We've taken dogs to meet people and test allergies, and always feel nervous when there are allergies in the family. Doodle coats change as they grow, so any sort of guarantee is meaningless, even if tests are done.

BTW, how many years ago was this course attended? by my best calculations, 25+ years ago :shock:

linny2

Post by linny2 » 09 Oct 2009, 07:15

Mrs Admin, is there any way of checking the veracity of the email you received? I'm definitely not a member of the RM fan club, but that story about the puppies is giving me nightmares. I'm really hoping for the sake of the dogs that none of it is true :(
Best wishes,
Linny, Buffy & Spike
Sign the pledge to stop puppy mills at http://action.humanesociety.org/site/Su ... EY_ID=1840

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 09 Oct 2009, 07:44

Linny 2

I have sent you a pm :P

Leaving a dog alone in welp in hugely hot temperatures to 'run an errand' is just not on in my book :twisted: especially when you live in a lovely air conditioned house :twisted:

Any breeder worth their salt, let alone one who runs such a huge breeding machine as RM, would at least know where to get hold of puppy milk for exceptionally large litters or weak puppies, if not keep a supply to hand, or could put puppies immediately with another lactating bitch if the mother dog has no milk.

We have seen on here recently how desperately hard Bridget worked to try to save her little weakling Snuggles chap, Debbie has been up all hours tending and feeding her huge Tinker litter and Bella had three midwives (and Alex of course :lol: ) hovering over her and her babes.

With all her publicity about how valued and wonderful her dogs are surely the Great Guru could have shown at least a portion of the care these others give to their dogs.
Last edited by MrsAdmin on 09 Oct 2009, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

heike

Post by heike » 09 Oct 2009, 07:52

Your best calculations??? :lol: You haven't known her but a few months. You can only get information from her, and from my best calculations everything she has said has be proven to be false. :roll: From the Monash studies to the Michael Tucker course. Are you telling us that Michael LIED!!

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 09 Oct 2009, 08:09

From the StopRM website so must be FACT

"After graduating from the Michael Tucker Dog Psychology Course I spent the next ten years as supervisor and resident dog trainer for the Elva Raper chain of boarding/training kennels in Melbourne. After this, followed a fifteen year period where I was proprietor of my own boarding/training kennels"

By any level of maths thats 25+ years ago... Could very well be many more... Have I said anyone has lied?

linny

Post by linny » 09 Oct 2009, 10:59

Back to the basis of this thread.
What I would like to know Adam are your views on the RM policies of breeding back to back, breeding underage, debarking of the RM dogs,breeding from a bitch who has had a triple mastectomy, whelping dates that simply don't tally, etc etc.
Those that have posted here (reputable people) who have received dogs from RM in a sad state , matted coats , underweight and with infections, must have thought long and hard before coming out publicly and stating these facts. They tell you that they have proof , vet's reports and photographs yet still you choose not to believe that there is a problem.
As i said in previous posts, it's the welfare of the dogs that's the prime concern of all following or subscribing to this topic.
It doesn't matter where in the world it's happening it needs to be addressed