Nothing like a doodle...

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
LynneL

Re: Nothing like a doodle...

Post by LynneL » 17 Oct 2009, 18:01

Dexter_Mir wrote:Arrrrrr...... Lets not bash them over the head we are after all attracted to different things arn't we? I like bald men but my partner has a had full of hair!!!, fine I'm not asking for my money back :lol: but we do all like different things.. They havent said they dont love Holly or want to swap her and yep i get the point that they never went back to the breeder, or did they? we dont really know do we, we just form an opinion based on what we read.... and please don't turn on me now :(

Dee xx

I agree Dee. I am sure this dog is much loved and as far as I can see the breeder was never named by the owner. Maybe the main issue here was lack of research. We looked for quite a while to find good breeders as that really was the priority for us as has been said before. In that time of looking it became apparent that the doodle coat was a complete lottery unless going for an Australian.

Almost everyone I meet with Lou asume that she will be non shedding and that all doods are curly and are surprised to hear that may not be the case.

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 17 Oct 2009, 18:59

I have to agree with you Lynne when you say about everyone thinks doodles are non-shedding, when people realise Murphy is a labradoodle (and not a golden retriever pup) they all say to me "Oh they don't shed, I'd love a dog like that". WRONG!!! Murphy sheds like nothing else, just goes to show!

Wendy x

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

amber

Post by amber » 17 Oct 2009, 20:01

That's all fine, but just try to imagine if that 9 month old girl had been a dog you bred. How would you feel to then have the owner write about their Disappoiment in her looks some nine months later, all over a website.
If you have brought up these little babies you may well feel differently.
I would be gutted!

LouBeale

Post by LouBeale » 17 Oct 2009, 20:39

I agree, I too would be gutted to find out one of my pups had not lived up to the expectations of their owner. I give no guarantees as regards to coat, just temperment and hopefully pick family homes that love there pup whatever it turns out to look like.

LynneL

Post by LynneL » 17 Oct 2009, 20:44

I totally agree that a breeder would be upset about questions (albeit annonymous) on a website.
It was just that one or two of the comments being made were beginning to question whether the dog was being loved and cared for which I feel wasn't ever in question.

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 17 Oct 2009, 21:20

I dont remember them saying they were disapointed but rather its not what they were led to believe to expect that was all....

And like it or not the majority of us do have something in mind when we go look at puppies, lets have some honesty about it and that is all they are guilty of. We have no idea for sure what they were told and we have no idea what they heard !

Some are questioning if Holly is loved and wanted and frankly I feel that a step to far....

Dee x

amber

Post by amber » 17 Oct 2009, 21:50

Sorry, but I have my opinion too, like it or not!
In my book you don't complain about something you love, afterall we are not discussing an M&S jumper you would like to return, but they only give you 30 odd days to do so now :?
Our Doodles leave here to become someones family, if that turned out not to be the case and they were disappointed, upset, whatever, I would want them back where there were appreciated and respected for what they are, individual.

Note to author:This would have been better done pm, or email, and sometime ago...
Bowing out! :shock:

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 17 Oct 2009, 22:00

And here we go once again !

caroline.sid

Post by caroline.sid » 17 Oct 2009, 23:56

I seemed to have missed a website link! I want to see the pups too!

julies0708

Post by julies0708 » 18 Oct 2009, 08:28

http://www.donakellgoldendoodles.moonfr ... 4532784706

pup in question is top left hand side of page

Doods just wanna have fun

Image Image