Rutland Manor - what can we do?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
linny

Re: Rutland Manor - what can we do?

Post by linny » 21 Oct 2009, 11:20

This happens time and time again with puppy farmers :evil:
They continue because the pull of the £ or $ is irresistible to them ..... they are not blessed with a conscience, the dogs are just a means to an end.
I do believe in Karma ...or for the christian religion ...you will reap what you sow. :!:

aussiedoodles

Post by aussiedoodles » 21 Oct 2009, 11:23

TP Breeding Labradoodles again - this should be stopped.

Angela is breeding in unison with Sunset Hills it seems

GUNNER

Post by GUNNER » 21 Oct 2009, 12:48

This link is an excellent way to show support, if you haven't emailed yet please please do so now.

http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/how-you-can-help/

Jayne & Richard

Post by Jayne & Richard » 21 Oct 2009, 14:51

As a complete outsider, new to dog ownership and a trusting person I now know how lucky I was to stumble across a good breeder as I would have trusted the owner and fallen in love with a pup no matter what! I don't understand how dogs/other animals/children/people can be treated badly (simplistic view but that is just how I feel!) If anyone in this country or abroad could have helped by making sure bad breeders are stopped then I would thank them whole heartedly :D One at a time these places have to be stopped! I feel I have read enough to hope this is all a mistake therefore I have sent my email, I must say with the most terrible sadness :cry: If they did just one thing against dogs they need to face the music, but all those terrible things which have come to light, they just can't go on :cry: :cry:

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 21 Oct 2009, 17:22

Adam Lindley wrote:Mrs A, surprising what you "accidentally come across" isn't it :shock: :lol:
Didn't get very far 'not' calling Carole G a liar, did you Adam? Thought you would have a go at 'hinting' I'm a liar now, did you? Who next? Linny? Gunner?

Unlike Beverley Manners, I do not lie. You can make all the snide little cracks you like Adam. I tell the truth, unpalatable as it may be to you.

When all the people here who care about their Doodles and the welfare of dogs have emailed Baw Baw Council, and they shine the bright light of revelation on Rutland Manor, then perhaps Beverley Manners will be made to face up to the truth of what she is - another grubby, money-grabbing puppy farmer. :twisted:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 21 Oct 2009, 18:33

GUNNER wrote:This link is an excellent way to show support, if you haven't emailed yet please please do so now.

Thanks Gunner, email sent.
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Cherryblossom

Post by Cherryblossom » 21 Oct 2009, 18:52

Dillondood wrote:
GUNNER wrote:This link is an excellent way to show support, if you haven't emailed yet please please do so now.

Thanks Gunner, email sent.

Me too.

Sunset Hills

Post by Sunset Hills » 02 Nov 2009, 22:16

Since, my name has been brought up, I would like to point out that the breeder (Assuiedoodles) has never contacted me asking about my associations and we feel this is purely an attempt to discredit other Australian Breeders.

I am only working in assocation (as it clearly states on my website on a number of pages including our current litters page, links page etc...) with one other breeder, that being Alpen-Ridge.

Like many other breeders, I have purchased lines, traded lines and had people link to my website.

Cheers,
Melinda

aussiedoodles
Post subject: Re: Rutland Manor - what can we do?

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:23 am

linny

Post by linny » 11 Nov 2009, 13:45

http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/2 ... ts-are-in/

For those of you who might be interested the First DNA results are in for a RM/Teagan Park descendant :shock:

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 11 Nov 2009, 14:04

It's certainly a nightmare :cry: . I do not profess to understand all the ins and outs of dog genetics but, given the huge advances in DNA for all animals (including humans) in the past few years, I would reckon these tests are pretty accurate.

Assuming that the total of portions of the breed mix is supposed to add up to a total of 1.0 ( a whole dog) then all four of these mixes and the proportions discovered

1 Poodle 0.285
2 Gerrman Shorthaired Pointer 0.086
3 Shih Tzu 0.085
4 Chow Chow 0.078

only total up to 0.534, or fractionally just over half a dog. If a Labrador proportions tests out as only 0.04 then this particular dog certainly appears a Heinz 57 :shock:

Personally I don't care in the least what the proportions are in the dog (apart from feeling very sorry for all the breeders and owners who have been conned out of a fortune :twisted: ) as it is the sheer cruelty of the treatment the poor dogs have received from this puppy farm that makes my blood boil.

The other new section on Rutland Manor Exposed tells the story of Trading Post Tara, a dog advertised for re-homing in a local paper by its owner and sold to Beverley Manners. That poor dog, probably not a labradoodle, ended up as a breeding machine with a 'miracle' pedigree and being bred back-to-back :twisted:

http://stoprutlandmanor.wordpress.com/2 ... post-tara/
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

johanne

Post by johanne » 11 Nov 2009, 18:45

Bid, Do keep up the work, i for one did not know but this, and have taken a few hours today reading through it and my god, i am still in shock, she Beverley needs shooting. Even a bigger shock is the DNA testing, CHOW'S or what ever she could find cheap. DEBARKING, what an earth has/is been going on. I was shocked a while back about the practice of her exporting pregnant dogs in the mess there were in, but got shot down, but these dogs were not cheap and now by all acounts were on their 4th litter at least and hey who knows they could be ANYTHING at all in the pedigree if the poor dog was in a pound or cheap she would take it in and make a pedigree up.

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 11 Nov 2009, 23:41

I think Carole will need to clarify what the DNA stuff is all about.

After all her research into the pedigrees, and the consensus that many of the dogs are almost pedigree poodles. Now the "evidence" suggests that this is not the case :?

I don't think that all of the posters on the stop RM site are convinced about the results, and although the DNA testing has come a long way, I'm not sure what should be read into these findings.

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 12 Nov 2009, 00:08

The headline DNA was of one dog from RM/TP and may be uncovering a breeding dog from an unknown source, nevertheless the poodle quantity is far higher than any other breed. The other posters who have DNA tested have pointed to higher proportions of poodle, a fair bit of cocker and a bit of lab and other breeds, including shih tzus and bichon.
If all these results are more or less correct and only .7 is required to uncover for certain a pedigree dog from their own national database, then the results look fairly consistent, ie mostly poodle and some varying amounts of other breeds. A sibling may have different balances as the genetic inheritance is subject to the laws of chance.
What I and others have observed is that some breeding stock may not match the pedigree supplied, particularly obvious in the case of dogs supplied with varying pedigrees. DNA testing is useful to show what such dogs are, as when crossbreed dogs are purchased without prior knowledge or real pedigree it is otherwise pure guesswork to discover the mix.
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

johanne

Post by johanne » 12 Nov 2009, 11:40

ADAM: I am not shocked by the DNA STUFF!!! it is the treatment of the dogs, and come on dear who would export a pregnant dog just incase something went wrong and she got delayed in quarantine, now that would be a nightmare for her, they are dirty and full of god nows what, and people that do not care about them,please tell me Adam that sort of trade is not about money. So i am just standing up here for what I FOR 1 DO NOT AGREE WITH IN ANY WAY and as i posted she "Beverley Needs Treating How She Is Treating Her Dogs" in each and every way

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 12 Nov 2009, 13:08

Johanne-come-lately. You missed the bandwagon months ago!

I would very much doubt that the practice of exporting / importing pregnant dogs is unique to RM. It can happen for any number of reasons, including for money. I can only speak about the quarantine in Sydney, and I wouldn't call it dirty, or that the people don't care.

My dear, unless you are a member of Animal Lib and help out a rescue centre, with a handful of rescue doodles, wind your neck in.

quote="johanne"]Even a bigger shock is the DNA testing,[/quote]
johanne wrote:ADAM: I am not shocked by the DNA STUFF!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: