Getting Very Excited !!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
joday4

Getting Very Excited !!

Post by joday4 » 17 Oct 2009, 11:13

We have found our Puppy, a Black FB1 boy :-) We are picking him up next weekend and are all very excited.

We would like to thank Jane for all her help and advice and letting us visit several (!) times.

I am now trying to work out how to post a picture on here !!

Jo

carly

Re: Getting Very Excited !!

Post by carly » 17 Oct 2009, 13:58

Congratulations :P :P :P :P

How many sleeps left to you bring him home??
What are you going to call him??

Carly & Logan

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 17 Oct 2009, 21:23

congratulations on your impending arrival!

I love the black f1b's I have a cream F1B called Dexter and were so glad we have him! your life will be full of fun, hard work but soooo worth it:)

Ohh and to post a photo open a account with photo bucket and upload photo, then copy the IMG code at the bottom of the pic then paste onto your message on the forum :D

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 17 Oct 2009, 21:53

Well done on choosing a doodle, you will never regret it! We've only had Marley home for four weeks but it's like he's always been here already. Look forward to the photos of your pup - what's it's name?

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

joday4

Post by joday4 » 18 Oct 2009, 08:05

Thanks everyone ..... it is now 6 sleeps until we get Travis (which is the name that we seem to be going with !!).

I have got everything that he needs except for food !! We are getting some conflicting advice on this. The breeder always using fresh meat but I have been told that dry food is better for them. Looking at Travis I am thinking if it is working then we should carry on with the breeders choice .... any suggestions ?

JO AND TRAVIS

joday4

Post by joday4 » 18 Oct 2009, 08:08

Carly, Nicky and Mica

Your dogs are all beautiful and all so different .... that is part of the excitment I think.

:) :) :)

JO AND TRAVIS

julies0708

Post by julies0708 » 18 Oct 2009, 08:38

joday4 wrote:Thanks everyone ..... it is now 6 sleeps until we get Travis (which is the name that we seem to be going with !!).

I have got everything that he needs except for food !! We are getting some conflicting advice on this. The breeder always using fresh meat but I have been told that dry food is better for them. Looking at Travis I am thinking if it is working then we should carry on with the breeders choice .... any suggestions ?
congrats on getting Travis, he's so cute! and well done on mastering loading photos

as for feeding, feed whatever you want to and to whatever your budget can afford. feeding isn't a one cap fits all, its different for every dog/owner. Go to P@H or another pet store and get their advice or look on here to see what popular choices are (probably Burns, JWB etc) I've fed mine everything from Bakers to Royal Canin, my oldest, a 13 year old lab is still going strong on Bakers but I appreciate thats not everyones favourite food.

Doods just wanna have fun

Image Image

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 18 Oct 2009, 13:56

Aw, Travis is lovely. Marley is now on NatureDiet, he's not keen on the dry food, although we were mixing it through his wet food. It was James Wellbeloved. To be honest, he loves the wet food with added extras like mackrel or chicken. We also put some bakers puppy complete in his puppy kongs as he enjoys that too. He likes getting frozen yogurt kongs too. If you would find it easy to feed the same as the breeder then try it and see how you get on, I know I don't have the freezer space for a natural diet so NatureDiet is as near to that as Marley will get to it.

Good luck, enjoy the puppy and keep the pictures coming :D

PS - thanks for the kind comments about Marley

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!