Desperate - 8 year old Staffie up for rehoming

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
donz

Desperate - 8 year old Staffie up for rehoming

Post by donz » 03 Nov 2009, 18:55

Sorry guys I know this is not the norm but we have had a call from someone that really has a case of 'wrong dog wrong owners'

They won't return the dog to where they got her from and are even saying they will put her down 'as at least that's the end to it'

The current owners are getting on a bit (approx 70yrs old) and the woman has been living on the edge for years but have only had the dog since May. The husband has said to us he is scared of what happens to the dog when he is not home. He loves the dog but his wife just doesn't want it is what I read into the situation.

There is nothing wrong with this lovely girl, as do all dogs, she requires stimulation in the form of regular training and having something to do. She has the classic Staffie 'whine' but only when she is bored.

At 8 yrs old she has got a habit of seeking attention and of course has been getting it. I have handled her and she is fine as far as I can see in the 20mins I gave her, loves agility, and is just desperate to do things!

If you know anyone that can help, we are offering 3 x free 121's to the right new owner.

The current owners live in Uxbridge, our Training Centre is near Watford.

We are trying to help rehome her in the first instance but will look to put her back into rescue if we cannot find anyone soon due to the circumstances. Please put the word out as she is a lovely dog and doesn't deserve this, many thanks :crossed:

Here is a pic of Mia

ImageImage

donz

Re: Desperate - 8 year old Staffie up for rehoming

Post by donz » 03 Nov 2009, 19:28

meant to add she is speyed
ImageImage

amber

Post by amber » 03 Nov 2009, 22:53

Bless her, she's lovely. I hope a wonderful home is found for her soon.
She deserves one.

donz

Post by donz » 03 Nov 2009, 23:00

thanks Linda, there's just so many about it's really hard to rehome them, I just hope someone will see / hear about her and hear how she is one of the lovely ones and be willing to take her on in her later years - she certainly isn't an old dodderer!! :lol:
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 03 Nov 2009, 23:23

She looks like a really sweet girl, Donz and I hope she finds a very good home. You may not have seen this thread http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... =1&t=13108

May be worth a read as I believe Dee found the breed rescue helpful......

Katherine
ImageImage