Poodles on EPUPZ ?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Fiona

Poodles on EPUPZ ?

Post by Fiona » 29 Jan 2007, 20:16

It is with sadness that looking at the poodle listing on Epupz, that there are so few poodles there. it would seem that it is used for listing anything mixed with a poodle.
What weird crossings there are, I do find it upsetting that some poodle owners are undermining the poodle breed, by crossing it with anything.

If this carry's on it will be hard to find a true poodle, which is a shame for all the work that has gone into breeding good poodles.
While I think the crossing of the Labrador and poodle was done for good intentions, some people have taken it to far, only wishing to cash in on the Labradoodle popularity.
Perhaps epupz should have a listing for poodles crosses or perhaps in some cases Cross poodles!.
are you in favour of the strange mixes?
Fiona

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 29 Jan 2007, 20:44

I agree it doesn't seem right that if you put a search in for "poodle puppies" then the vast majority that come up are indeed crosses. :(

I think if epupz is so happy to encourage the crossing of poodles with anything and everything then there should be a separate poodle cross section.

It is not just poodles being crossed with everything you know .... people are crossing cavaliers with all sorts too. :roll:

What a crazy world we live in ..... people are always on the look out for something "different" and I guess this is why these breeders think it such a clever idea to cross anything and everthing. :roll:

Labradorable

Post by Labradorable » 29 Jan 2007, 21:08

The strangest one I've seen on there was a poodle crossed with a chinese crested dog :shock:

I can't even begin to imagine how those puppies will turn out. :?

Emmie

Post by Emmie » 29 Jan 2007, 22:05

I've seen a few "Puggles" on epupz, these are nothing to do with poodles but are a Pug and Beagle cross :?

terry

poodles on epupz

Post by terry » 29 Jan 2007, 22:09

if you do not like poodles being crossed with other breeds why are you looking at this site ?

terry

Sharon

Re: poodles on epupz

Post by Sharon » 30 Jan 2007, 10:34

terry wrote:if you do not like poodles being crossed with other breeds why are you looking at this site ?

terry
Just because I may agree with the crossing of labradors and standard poodles to make Labradoodles - a breed that has been around for thirty years or so, does not mean I am in favour of the crossing of everything and anything. :roll:

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Jan 2007, 12:33

"Just because I may agree with the crossing of labradors and standard poodles to make Labradoodles - a breed that has been around for thirty years or so, does not mean I am in favour of the crossing of everything and anything. :roll:"

Very true, which is why I won't use Bailey on just any thing

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 30 Jan 2007, 12:38

PennyAli wrote:"Just because I may agree with the crossing of labradors and standard poodles to make Labradoodles - a breed that has been around for thirty years or so, does not mean I am in favour of the crossing of everything and anything. :roll:"

Very true, which is why I won't use Bailey on just any thing
LOL I can just imagine that he would be in huge demand if you were prepared to use him with anything ... good for you for not doing. 8)

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Jan 2007, 12:45

I had some one ask to use him on a GSD and I said not in a million years what a bad cross :shock:

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 30 Jan 2007, 13:57

PennyAli wrote:I had some one ask to use him on a GSD and I said not in a million years what a bad cross :shock:
:shock:

terry

Post by terry » 30 Jan 2007, 16:21

it all sounds a bit hypocritical

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Jan 2007, 18:08

its not being hypocritical we are developing a breed not simply putting any thing to a poodle, to put a poodle to a GSD is just stupid and asking for trouble yes it would have a good coat and be very clever but could be very dangerous in the wrong hands as some one else said a "wolf in sheep’s clothing!"

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 30 Jan 2007, 18:32

not hypocritical at all as PennyAli rightly points out. Breeding labradoodles is one thing - they were bred originally for a purpose - but crossing a westie with a cavalier is something else or a rottie with a doberman for eg. (both crosses I have seen advertised - the first being totally pointless and the second being somewhat dangerous).

bek

Post by bek » 30 Jan 2007, 19:11

poodles and gsd :evil:

what a stupid irresponsable thing to do :roll:
firesrye german shepherds

PennyAli

Post by PennyAli » 30 Jan 2007, 19:21

I didn't happen Bek I talked her out of it, but she had said she had a couple of people with Poodle Stud dogs that were prepared to let her use them, some people don't care what they produce as long as they get there stud fee :cry: