Some People shouldn't have dogs

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
stardoodle

Some People shouldn't have dogs

Post by stardoodle » 02 Feb 2010, 10:25

I have had a really stressful walk this morning with my Dood.

Firstly we met my Doods friend Lara the Rottie she is gorgeous and so beautifully behaved.......well until she is with my dog of course :lol: :oops:

Her owner was saying that her friend got a young Labrador puppy and she was telling me that it was going to be a diseaster from the start but she kept shut until yesterday.

This woman who got the Labrador puppy for her kids which are toddlers.

The woman with the rottie saw her DRAGGING the puppy to school with the children last week it is only 9 weeks old was on the FLOOR not leash trained so terrified.
The woman went over to her and explained that the puppy should not be out and should not be being dragged like that.
The woman with the puppy turned round and said
"well I am sick of it s****ing and pi**ing in my house and it chewing my table legs.

The woman with the Rottie was gobsmacked.

Then yesterday morning she saw her without the puppy so she thought she had taken her advice.

Oh no she had shut the dog IN THE UTILITY CUPBOARD not room the cupboard now if it is like mine they are tiny.

The woman had said in ther eit can't chew anything or destroy anything and if it wees it doesn't matter.

The woman went on to say that if this puppy does not stop weeing in the house and messing the house up and chewing then it will just have to go to the RSPCA.

WHAT??? Puppies wee in the house as they don't understand. Would she take her toddler to Social Services if it wet itself in the ASDA or on the bus.
Sorry but I have no time for people like this.
You don't want a puppy weeing in your house don't get one :evil:

I just shhok my head in sadness the lady with the Rottie said she felt like dognapping this poor puppy.

Then last week I was out with Doods and he was just out. This old lady came to me and said "god you are so cruel love that poor dog is frozen put a coat on it"
My dog wasn't cold at all. He is not old or ill he doesnt need a coat.
Which I said to her.

She had this little tiny teacup poodle dog in this huge wooly coat that was panting and scrattin.

She walked off saying "some owners are so cruel to their dogs aren't they tootsie" hmm yes aint they just love my dog aint the one scrattin and panting.

Then this morning when my dog was playing with Lara she came towards us so we recalled our dogs. Mine had his assistance jacket on as I was calling into Tesco on the way home. She walked past saying

"my dog is a proper dog and a champion you know" in a really snarly snotty voice.

Me and my friend just looked at her and said "so"

Then my friend went on to say "her dog is a medical assistance dog and can empty washers and carry trays and baskets and food bags can yours?"? :shock: :oops:

The old biddy didn't know wher eto put herself.

I can't stand snobbery, I didn't want to talk to this lady so why she suddenly came out with "my dog is a proper dog and is a champion you know" was just ridiculous so she deserved the reply imo.

I need a cuppa Tea lol who thought just one walk could be so stressful :roll:

MrsAdmin

Re: Some People shouldn't have dogs

Post by MrsAdmin » 02 Feb 2010, 10:32

The woman with the tiny puppy should have never got a dog as she plainly has absolutely no clue how to care for it :evil: .

Please tell your friend (Lara's owner) that if she sees the woman at the school again that she must take the puppy back to the breeder immediately to get a refund. Perhaps that will tempt her into giving that poor pup a chance of having a decent home. The sooner it is taken back the better.

If the breeder doesn't want to stand by their pup then they aren't much of a breeder.

In which case, please can your friend write this down and give it to the puppy owner to get her to contact Labrador Rescue to take it off her hands.

http://www.labrador-rescue.com/
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Parker

Post by Parker » 02 Feb 2010, 10:41

MrsAdmin wrote:The woman with the tiny puppy should have never got a dog as she plainly has absolutely no clue how to care for it :evil: .

Please tell your friend (Lara's owner) that if she sees the woman at the school again that she must take the puppy back to the breeder immediately to get a refund. Perhaps that will tempt her into giving that poor pup a chance of having a decent home. The sooner it is taken back the better.

If the breeder doesn't want to stand by their pup then they aren't much of a breeder.

In which case, please can your friend write this down and give it to the puppy owner to get her to contact Labrador Rescue to take it off her hands.

http://www.labrador-rescue.com/

Well said Mrs A. Fingers crossed for this poor little soul. :(
Jo and Parker x
Image Image

JasperS

Post by JasperS » 02 Feb 2010, 11:07

Reading this made me really sad. You know things like this go on but you have to try and put it out of your mind or it would just make you so sad. Personally I'd have called the RSPCA regardless, the poor little puppy - must be so afraid. :(

MUMMYBUCK

Post by MUMMYBUCK » 02 Feb 2010, 11:17

You seem to meet some right funny folk on your walks - its a shame that the people where you live seem to have far too much to say for themselves - I have had nothing but praise for my (designer??) dog in fact a lady stopped her car to ask me what breed she was and where I got her from. You should just say each to his own it wouldnt do for us all to like the same and I do hope the (lady???) with the lab sees sense and either takes her lab and does some training or gets the poor thing rehomed before she does too much damage
mummybuck and MegImage

stardoodle

Post by stardoodle » 02 Feb 2010, 11:18

JasperS wrote:Reading this made me really sad. You know things like this go on but you have to try and put it out of your mind or it would just make you so sad. Personally I'd have called the RSPCA regardless, the poor little puppy - must be so afraid. :(
I can't stop thinknig about the poor puppy as I watch my dog happy as can be curled up practically ON the fire lol chomping his Orbee ball

Why oh why do people get puppies when they are not 100% commited to them and can't deal with a bit of wee and chewing and treat the pup so harshly

Dogs NEVER do anything out of spite they just don't understand.
You don't want wee in your house don't get a puppy. :cry:

I will probably see Lara with her mum later on as my Dood seems to hunt for her lol so will mention this to her

Just so so sad.

Some people really want a slap, I would love to lock her in the utilitiy cupboard

JasperS

Post by JasperS » 02 Feb 2010, 11:26

Stardoodle, perhaps another option is for you to go along with your friend around school time. Your dog is incredibly well trained so perhaps the lady might be receptive to you going around for a coffee and to teach her some practical training basics? I always welcome tips from other dog owners and maybe she would too? I am sure her puppy is eager to please and learn, Jasper was (and still is) and maybe an intervention at this stage might make a difference.

I agree with Mummybuck though I have never had a bad word from someone about Jasper. Never had anyone comment on his breed - in fact he turns heads wherever we go and we often have people come up saying he is lovely and how much they love Labradoodles and asking lots of questions about them. In fact I am often lecturing people about the fact that not all Labradoodles are non-shedding and that can be a myth and so people shouldn't get one if they have allergies!
Last edited by JasperS on 02 Feb 2010, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

stardoodle

Post by stardoodle » 02 Feb 2010, 11:28

MUMMYBUCK wrote:You seem to meet some right funny folk on your walks - its a shame that the people where you live seem to have far too much to say for themselves - I have had nothing but praise for my (designer??) dog in fact a lady stopped her car to ask me what breed she was and where I got her from. You should just say each to his own it wouldnt do for us all to like the same and I do hope the (lady???) with the lab sees sense and either takes her lab and does some training or gets the poor thing rehomed before she does too much damage

Lol nowt as queer as folk as they say :wink:

When I am out shopping with him and he goes into shops and supermarkets most people do adore him.

I once had a policeman pull over the yellow police van and say "cuse me love what a beautiful dog what breed is it"

I had a chinese couple offering to pay me to take a photo with him :lol:

He has his own spot in the cafes round our town and everyone waves to us as we walk by.

If I may say thowithout getting lynched the people I have found to be the most nasty about the breed are actual Poodle owners that show their Poodles. THEY think the cross is an insult to their precious breed.

I sadly live in a very very posh and snobby area, houses go for about half a mill (on a cheap day) and with that I guess comes snobby horrible people. I once said to a lady "right we will have to go love and get to Tesco to get something for Tea. She gasped in horror "it is not Tea dear it is Dinner please speak properly :lol: oh and once when I told a lady on a walk our "loo" was blocked she nearly died. Apparantly it is Lavatory :shock:

I have a fantastic neighbours though they all adore him.

JasperS

Post by JasperS » 02 Feb 2010, 11:31

Where are you stardoodle? I'm curious now!!!

stardoodle

Post by stardoodle » 02 Feb 2010, 11:33

JasperS wrote:Stardoodle, perhaps another option is for you to go along with your friend around school time. Your dog is incredibly well trained so perhaps the lady might be receptive to you going around for a coffee and to teach her some practical training basics? I always welcome tips from other dog owners and maybe she would too? I am sure her puppy is eager to please and learn, Jasper was (and still is) and maybe an intervention at this stage might make a difference.
As much as I would love to slap her one and lock her up I was actually thinking about something like this.

Kind of get on her level instead of people thinknig they are attacking her and she has to attack back kinda pussy foot round her and see if that makes friends that way.

Like maybe say "gosh I know when my Dood was a puppy I wanted to go mad he was so naughty you do just want to kill em at times" so sympathise instead of chastise I suppose.

Pups are pups, I nearly had a nightmare over mine with the weeing but never ever would I lock him in a cupboard or drag him anywhere even tho he may disagree if you ask him and about Primark lol

Clare

Post by Clare » 02 Feb 2010, 12:29

MUMMYBUCK wrote:You seem to meet some right funny folk on your walks -

I must agree you seem to have alot of bad luck with the people and dogs you come across!

Clare and Pebbles

MUMMYBUCK

Post by MUMMYBUCK » 02 Feb 2010, 12:29

So glad you asked which area do you live in
JasperS wrote:Where are you stardoodle? I'm curious now!!!
mummybuck and MegImage

peelm

Post by peelm » 02 Feb 2010, 14:29

I think the problem with this lady, and many like her is a lack of understanding about dogs in general, but especially puppies.
Maybe you should point out the work that was involved (and probably still is) when her toddler was a baby. Changing nappies, feeding, teething etc etc. What’s the difference? The puppy, by definition “IS A BABY”.
I’d have reported her. That poor pup hasn’t got a hope.

I get similarly frustrated when occasionally folks at training come to me and say.

A generalised example…

“What can we do about our collie, or (insert other dog type here)? It’s mad and just wants to run about all day. It just can’t settle.”
I say,
“Well, what do you do to satisfy the natural drive that your <dog type> has?
The reply,
“Well, we lead walk him for half an hour every day, what more does he want?”
I say,
“Well, have you tried more exercise and maybe agility or flyball or something like that?”
They say,
“oh no, we’re not really the active type.”

SO WHY GET A COLLIE THEN…?

Again, a lack of understanding about the responsibilities of dog ownership and the work involved with either a young dog, as in your example, or a specific breed.
I adore collies, and would love to train one myself, but I will never have one. I just can’t give a collie the life it deserves.

Sorry, lost the plot completely there...
Rant over….
Michael, Janet, Fozzie and Dylan

For all your pet portraits, visit :- http://www.theloudhouse.co.uk

Grimalkin

Post by Grimalkin » 02 Feb 2010, 16:13

Gosh Deja Vu

A doodle owner on another forum was always having these sorts of problems. Luckily she too had an impeccably behaved boy.

Hope you can educate that poor pups owner

Dexter_Mir

Post by Dexter_Mir » 02 Feb 2010, 18:21

Amazing isnt it in one day you witness cruelty, arogance, snobbery and sheer bloody mindedness... where do you live? (makes note to avoid :lol: :lol:

Dosnt matter does it how many times you tell people the stress of owining a puppy people still refuse to beleive a dog needs to piss !!!! (excuse me) has a tiny bladder and needs to be house trained.... what do you do to educate people :!: I am sure people think arr cute puppy I will give them a good home and because i give them a good home they will thank me by being good, not chewing, pee and poo outside, never bark and will repay me for owning them by making it easy.... flammining idiots really !!!!

As for your bitter old biddy age is no excuse for rudenss....

Huff puff :roll:

Dee xx