Lazy Lawn.

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
annabanana

Lazy Lawn.

Post by annabanana » 16 Feb 2010, 11:07

After following the topic about poor Carly's lawn I am very interested to hear more about this wonderful lazy grass - it looks great (my lawn looks doodled)!. I have looked on the web site but I would like to ask the lucky people who have this grass if they installed it themselves (was it hard?) or did they have someone do it for them?

Thanks in anticipation!

Madeleine

Re: Lazy Lawn.

Post by Madeleine » 16 Feb 2010, 11:18

Hiya

do you mean the artificial stuff ? posh astro turf ?

cos we have it and its fantastic, looks like the real thing and at the moment when everyone has loads of mud we have what looks like a well manicured one.

I sweep it every now and then and then thats it, we spray using the hose to wash down any wee and poo and thats all. dogs use itjust like a real one i'll look out for photo if thats any help. we had someone to do it as theres alot of digging down and laying of various stuff before the top goes on. i wouldn't reccomend for large area as its a bit like carpet only comes in certain widths so you would get joins which might look strange, but we have loads of decking a a little bit of lawn that had been replaced 2 or 3 times but aafter each winter would be covered in moss and weeds, we have no regrets wjhatsoever
ImageImage

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 16 Feb 2010, 11:20

ps photo with our new addition looking at it !!

maddy
ImageImage

sami

Post by sami » 16 Feb 2010, 12:59

My daughter's school had lazy lawn put down last year in all the grassy areas. It looks great and means the children can play on it all year round :D

I spoke to the man who was laying it, back then I only had Cookie but she was making a right mess in the garden. The man had 3 dogs himself and said they could not dig it up.

Must say , with several hundred kids rampaging over it, it still looks great !!!

The company seemed very professional, the board is still up at school so I'll post their details later- we cold ask for a group discount :lol:
ImageImage

COOKIE & BARLEY xxx

carly

Post by carly » 16 Feb 2010, 16:00

sami wrote:My daughter's school had lazy lawn put down last year in all the grassy areas. It looks great and means the children can play on it all year round :D

I spoke to the man who was laying it, back then I only had Cookie but she was making a right mess in the garden. The man had 3 dogs himself and said they could not dig it up.

Must say , with several hundred kids rampaging over it, it still looks great !!!

The company seemed very professional, the board is still up at school so I'll post their details later- we cold ask for a group discount :lol:
great idea......

Carly & Logan

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 16 Feb 2010, 19:41

We had Lazy Lawn and it's the best thing ever! Cuts right down on the mess in the house. We got the guys to instal it but believe it's fairly straightforward.

Might be difficult to make out but if you look behind Bella (I am in total :shock: at her coat and have resolved to let it grow again :D ) that's what our grass was like all over, we really only had grass left at the edges.

This is Pippin having a siesta on the new lawn, OH insisted that it be totally edge to edge and I'm still not convinced about that it's a bit fitted carpet looking but so much cleaner, no more mud baths when it rains, worth every penny! :D

ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

frosty

Post by frosty » 16 Feb 2010, 19:47

We fitted the lawn ourselves (or should I say OH and his bro did :lol: ).
That saved quite a bit on the cost, and according to him wasnt difficult to do.
We received full step by step instructions, and there was somebody on the other end of the phone after 5pm on a sat (we couldnt find the glue), so that was good.
You just need to hire a few bits (SKIP, Leveller) for the weekend and the hardest part was removing any existing turf.

Good Luck if you go for it, was well worth it in this house :mrgreen:
"The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues."

Jac

Post by Jac » 17 Feb 2010, 10:39

This is a photo of my lawn yesterday ....... :shock:

I would be very interested in getting some lazy lawn too!!! :D This is the web site that I've been looking at http://www.evergreensuk.com/artificial_grass.htm

I'm not sure how they compare quality/price-wise to other companies :?:
The Bear

Cherryblossom

Post by Cherryblossom » 17 Feb 2010, 11:02

Hi

We have an artificial lawn now and it is the business! :D It is so practical, the dogs can charge around on it without kicking up loads of mud, they have bones out there without them getting all muddy (the bones, I mean) and obviously it looks much better. :D Wee just disappears and poo is easily picked up.

We had it wall to wall and sometimes I think that Murray finds it a bit boring with no borders to dig up :roll: so I try to make sure that they have interesting toys and treats out there (a buster ball works well).

Here are some pics, before

and after.... it looks a bit bare at the mo, and we are planning to get lots of baskets and pots to cheer it up in the spring....

We went for Nowmow btw and despite a few niggles at the beginning, they have been very good.

Cheryl