A new perspective

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
LouBeale

A new perspective

Post by LouBeale » 06 Feb 2007, 21:05

Can I ask the poodle people here - do you now have anything positive to say about Labradoodles?

Do you like them?

You must have seen enough pics and read enough peoples opinions about them by now!

Obviously they are not going to be as close to your heart as Poodles but I would love to know what you really think?

Carole g

Post by Carole g » 07 Feb 2007, 00:13

Havent ignored you Ive been out at agilty.
Do you have anything positive to say about Labradoodles? YES.. they are just dogs. Ive owned and loved a great many dogs of many breeds and none.

Do you like them? 3 yes 2 no. ,I dont really regard them as a breed YET but as individuals. Anyway, all dogs have their own personality.

As for pictures, some look to me, as a groomer, very like the unclipped but well brushed poodles that come for clipping off after a long gap and some look like slightly hairy labrador, some are inbetween. The Aussie multigens look much more like a breed to me.

As for opinions, everyone loves their own dog and if they didnt I couldnt like that person. (probably like the dog though!)
ALWAYS visit the premises and see mum with pup. There are no excuses!
DONT BUY FROM PUPPY HARMERS

angela

Post by angela » 07 Feb 2007, 00:19

I love my doodle, he gives me love, fun, loyalty, mischief which I love and everything I would wish for in a gentle companion. My doodle is clever, naughty, an irratation, hard work wanting constant enternainment, but he is adorable, enternating, sometimes GOOD!!!!!!!!!! at the moment butter would not melt in hid mouth. :lol:

Elbumble

Post by Elbumble » 07 Feb 2007, 01:06

I own both a standard poodle & a labradoodle & agree that yes, they all do have their own personalities. The standard poodle has an elegance which amazes everyone who sees her, but on the whole my doodle has been far easier to train, is generally more laid back & obviously requires alot less grooming! I love both my girls very much inc my castrated male, they are my babies ... they hog my sofa & sleep on my bed! :mrgreen:

Now I will say this with all honesty.... the most fabulous dog I have ever owned is my lovely labradoodle- Myrtle, this breed (or should I say crossbreed) is truly amazing & is here to stay! :D

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 07 Feb 2007, 10:29

Just out of interest Carole, what stance do you take on the breeding of sockpuppets ? Or any type of puppet for that matter ? :?

Also, have you ever visited epuppetz ? And if so do you think they promote puppet farming - albeit unintenionally ? :?

sdpinny

Post by sdpinny » 07 Feb 2007, 10:55

Sharon wrote:Just out of interest Carole, what stance do you take on the breeding of sockpuppets ? Or any type of puppet for that matter ? :?

Also, have you ever visited epuppetz ? And if so do you think they promote puppet farming - albeit unintenionally ? :?
LMAO!!

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 07 Feb 2007, 11:27

Sharon wrote:Just out of interest Carole, what stance do you take on the breeding of sockpuppets ? Or any type of puppet for that matter ? :?

lmffaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hilarious

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 07 Feb 2007, 12:27

Hi Carole, thanks for your honesty.

Personally, I think that everyone should get a life and stop the JADE-ISM!
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

Labradorable

Post by Labradorable » 07 Feb 2007, 12:44

Live life with laughter, love and an easy smile!

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 07 Feb 2007, 12:55

claire fifi wrote:Hi Carole, thanks for your honesty.

Having a laugh about sockpuppet breeding for goodness sake does not constitute bullying or alleged racist behaviour. I was rather hoping Carole might have laughed along with us over this - it isn't meant to be anything other than a bit of fun.

Some people take life far too seriously around here.
Having said that, there are quite a few on here who haven''t posted anything but have privately told us they have had a good laugh at all the pics etc. :lol:

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 07 Feb 2007, 13:01

claire fifi wrote:Hi Carole, thanks for your honesty.

Just had a pm from my sockpuppet breeder friend actually Claire and she wants to know if you would be interested in backcrossing the muppet on your avatar to a sockpuppet ? 8)

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 07 Feb 2007, 13:05

No Sharon, I did not mean that - I'm too thick to know anything about sockpuppets! I don't even know what most of the forum speak is - such as "IMFFAO" - what does it mean ?

I find the bickering a bit too much sometimes and I know others do too. Its great to have a forum for discussion, but most of us like the light-hearted side best - and need someone like Carole for her advice and opinions when asked.

Maybe I am less thick-skinned, but I know that a lot of comments made on here would really upset me - if directed at me.

I prefer the "Shilpa" way - dignified and gentle.

Clarinda
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

itsmeisitu2

Post by itsmeisitu2 » 07 Feb 2007, 13:12

Hi claire, we dont want to offend anyone we just wanted tp make a lighthearted joke out of a insulting post from carole, Alot of us do find it hard to stomach her insults, but instead of turning this into yet another fight we have tried to see the funny side

donz

Post by donz » 07 Feb 2007, 13:18

Personally I think it is a shame that all of a sudden (again) there is direct criticism at particular people over their own personal opinions that also seems to be directed and spread over several of these threads.

We are all entitled to our own opinion and as this is a forum we should be able to express those (nicely!) in a bid to get other opinions in return (also nicely!) We are all adults (I think?!) and it should not be up to a moderator to intervene. :!:

Let me make it clear that I do not know Carole G in any way so I do not defend her, I simply defend those that wish to discuss in a grown up polite manner (and this happens to be a handy thread to write this on...! :) )

There are those that perhaps find it hard to put in words their thoughts without them appearing mean and that is a shame. I have heard from a fair few people unfortunately that read but no longer post as they are too scared to in case they get a verbal bashing! :?

Please guys & gals, why can't we take a minute to re-read posts before hitting the submit button and try to ensure it is not misguided and/or apparently derogatory/mean? If you really feel you have an issue - PM that person! Don't make it into a public slaying......... :? :? :?
ImageImage

Sharon

Post by Sharon » 07 Feb 2007, 13:27

anyone who can take offence at a sockpuppet thread must have no sense of humour. :( Donz can you honestly say you haven't chuckled at any of the pics ? The puppet breeding threads are not about Carole, they are just us having a laugh - wish more would join in with us though. :(