And I thought they liked water !!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
trinared

And I thought they liked water !!

Post by trinared » 28 Feb 2010, 14:08

It's been a horrible rainy windy day here so far and I was all ready in my wellies and waterproofs bracing myself to take them out for a walk and I was met with looks from them both that could only be saying "You want us to go out in that? You gotta be joking!"
Both of them have retired to their comfy places and dont want to move for anything.....

Does anyone else have doodes who dont like the rain? Maybe they know its Sunday and just want a lazy day.... :lol:
Marley and Duffy

Barneyboy

Re: And I thought they liked water !!

Post by Barneyboy » 28 Feb 2010, 14:17

Barney hates it, he only goes out in it when he really has to, and you can forget a walk in it. He does his pees and poos undercover in the garden when it rains too, and won't sit by the back door to get rained on waiting to come back in - he hides under the hot tub gazebo...........

However, rain falling from the sky is very different to rivers.

But then this is Barney - officially the 'gayest' dog in the village......
Last edited by Barneyboy on 28 Feb 2010, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

KateW

Post by KateW » 28 Feb 2010, 14:19

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I am afraid Rufus loves the rain...His bf Dillon the pointer used to flatly refuse to go out if it was raining until we happened to be out together one day and Rufus demonstrated the extra fun obtainable from puddles, new mud and now he is as keen as Rufus to be out in all weathers :roll:

Katherine
ImageImage

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 28 Feb 2010, 14:24

Leon never cares if it is raining, no matter what he will charge around and play. And if there is enough rain to have big puddles to dash through that is just perfect.
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

groover

Post by groover » 28 Feb 2010, 14:35

When it comes to herbie

his moto would be, if I'm not wet I'm not happy. Every walk must involve water of some kind whether it be a swim in a loch, a paddle in a stream or a head dive into a muddy puddle. One whif of rain puts a look of glee on his big hairy face.
So I'd have to say yes, he does like water. :lolK

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

sammylou

Post by sammylou » 28 Feb 2010, 14:46

Well , Herbert pushed his way between my legs under my umbrella this moring, he did a wee and that was it, and then for the first time in 3 weeks, Poo'd in doors :shock: YUK!

But he 'will' learn to love the rain , I hope i hope FC FC :lol:
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

jasperaliceuk

Post by jasperaliceuk » 28 Feb 2010, 14:54

Well, I would have said that at 9.30 am as I am in the garden in wellies and raincoat trying to get Milo outside for his morning ablutions. Wouldn't come to call so lead on and got him out - let him off and as I walked to the end of the garden he high tailed it back to the house.

So his cast iron bladder stewed while we had a late breakfast and then took him out for a walk on Hankley Common where he absolutely revelled in the water - we were wading through little ponds, rivulets - hadn't seen him so happy in ages. Except.... he was overdoing the amount of exercise he should be having right now and we must have been out for an hour with him running and leaping like a deer through the puddles! We'll see how stiff he is this afternoon :( (or not!).

Sue

Check out Milo's tricks on http://www.youtube.com/jasperaliceuk

Bid

Post by Bid » 28 Feb 2010, 15:46

Daisy doesn't care about the rain, but Poppy hates it - she doesn't like to get her paws muddy, and skips delicately over puddles - she is such a girlie :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 28 Feb 2010, 16:07

Lizzies the same as Herbie every single walk involves getting wet.Showered her yesterday,today weve done 4miles raining for 3 of them,shes as happy as a pig in mud.Shes snoozing on the sofa now.I asked the kids for a powerful hairdryer for Xmas,didnt have the heart to tell them its for Lizzie,she loves it.Freda

wheezie

Post by wheezie » 28 Feb 2010, 16:57

Rosie hates water but loves snow :roll: :?

trinared

Post by trinared » 28 Feb 2010, 17:23

Marley loves swimming and puddles. Just seems to hate rain on his back. Been out now the rain has stopped so everyone happy and ready for tea now :D
Marley and Duffy

marymm

Post by marymm » 28 Feb 2010, 22:41

Hi,
Mylee loves the rain. I did get her a raincoat, so we can have our evening walk when it is wet without her coat getting absolutely soaked. She will stay in the garden in the rain for ages and when I do get her in she stands with her head out the cat flap.

Mary
Mylee and Mary