What size is your labradoodle?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
KateW

Re: What size is your labradoodle?

Post by KateW » 02 Mar 2010, 17:48

By parentage Rufus is a miniature, mother small working lab, father miniature poodle. We were looking for a large miniature with an uncomplicated coat which is what we got :) Rufus is around 19 inches to the shoulder and weighs 20.5 kg, a very muscular and solid boy....I explained to somebody who stopped us this morning that he was a miniature and they looked very surprised :lol: But he does look quite little when you see him next to a really big doodle.....

We decided on a miniature because we have a small garden and a lot of stairs ( so we needed to carry Rufus up and down for months) but wanted a solid dog as I love walking and didn't want to be limited by my dog's capacity when he had reached maturity. For us it wouldn't have mattered really if Rufus had turned into a giant ( we have met or know of three dogs with similar parentage who are all over 26 inches tall ) as our house is not small and we are accustomed to big dogs.

Katherine
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 02 Mar 2010, 17:54

KateD wrote:How do you manage to weigh your dogs? I can weigh Lola as she is a puppy, and she weighs 4.7kg at 12 weeks, but there's no way that I could weigh Alfie. He is 26inches to his shoulder and he weighs a lot!!!
We regularly take Rufus into our vets and weigh him on their walk on scales. There is no charge for doing this and the scales are accurate plus Rufus gets the chance to greet some of his favourite people and be given a liver treat :D

Katherine
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 02 Mar 2010, 17:59

iwantadog wrote:Murphy is 9 months old next week. He weighed 20.8kg at the vet last week and is about the same size as a large labrador - I would measure him, but everytime I get near him with a tape measure he tries to eat it!!!

His mum was a standard labradoodle and his dad was a minature poodle - don't ask :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wendy x
The best thing is to get an old fashioned ruler or similar, get Murphy to stand next to a wall you don't mind marking and then measure the wall...Just like doing heights for children against the door :)

Katherine
ImageImage

Amyhack

Post by Amyhack » 02 Mar 2010, 18:27

Dougal is a mini doodle and he`s nearly 6 months old, around 16 inches to the shoulder and was 15.6kg at the vets today! He eats like a horse, not sure if we`re giving too much or too little food so hard to estimate what size he will be. :?

groover

Post by groover » 02 Mar 2010, 18:36

Herbie is an F2 standard choccy scruff

he's 25.5 inches to the shoulder and 35 kilo( he's carrying a bit of holiday weight at the moment Lol)

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

claireand?

Post by claireand? » 02 Mar 2010, 20:11

Olly is nearly 6 months, is 18 inches high and 14.5kg (thanks Rosie, hadn't thought of getting on the scales carrying him...genius!).

He had a labrador mum and miniature poodle dad, but i don't think he has much of dad in him at all. We just spent the weekend with friends who had an 8 month old chocolate lab, Olly was as big as her and apart form being fractionally fluffier, you couldn't tell they were different breeds :lol:

We're wondering how much bigger he'll go, not too much i hope cos he's a lovely size just now, and we didn't really want a big dog, hence the mini pood dad :!: Mind you, the bigger he get's, the more of him there'll be to love :)
Olly

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 02 Mar 2010, 21:07

Both of ours are F1 standard scruffies

Both of ours are approx 27" to the shoulder

However......Dillon is 22 months and weighs 33kg, and Darcy is 18 months and weighs 42kg :shock:

Both are spot on for their builds (ribs easily felt), but it just shows the diversity in the breed
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

SeasideChick

Post by SeasideChick » 03 Mar 2010, 17:41

Ruby is 6months old (yesterday!). She's an F1. She measures in at 22" to the shoulder and weighs approx 18kg. Big or small??? I've no idea ....!!!
Karen and Ruby xx

KateW

Post by KateW » 03 Mar 2010, 17:46

SeasideChick wrote:Ruby is 6months old (yesterday!). She's an F1. She measures in at 22" to the shoulder and weighs approx 18kg. Big or small??? I've no idea ....!!!
Baby Ruby is a baby no more :lol: Goodness where has the time gone......Ruby would be smallish for an F1 standard doodle if she didn't grow any more but she has plenty of growing time left.....

I don't think we have seen any photos recently, Karen ?

Katherine
ImageImage

SeasideChick

Post by SeasideChick » 03 Mar 2010, 23:38

Ah, thanks for your little comment Katherine ... no not a lil' baby anymore .... but so loving and just such a sweetheart!!!

I'll try and post some pics ... not too good with the technical side!!!!

Hope all is well with you!!
Karen and Ruby xx

margaret5000

Post by margaret5000 » 08 Mar 2010, 13:28

We Got Waldo weighed today at Vet he is 26.40kg and is 24 inch tall.
He is 10months 3 weeks.
He doesn't eat much , infact it's a struggle to get him to eat at times :cry:
Margaret and WALDO

winnieb

Post by winnieb » 08 Mar 2010, 14:50

Ivy is a F1 minature doodle although not that minature now :D , she was 2.5kg at 9 weeks and now weighs 8kg at 4and a half months and is 14 inches tall ( to top of shoulder) so we still aren't sure how big she is going to be but estimating large minature :D . Ivy lab genes are live and kicking and she eats everything insight :lol:
Clare,Ivy, Cookie and Barney x
A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

Bid

Post by Bid » 08 Mar 2010, 14:59

iwantadog wrote:Murphy is 9 months old next week. He weighed 20.8kg at the vet last week and is about the same size as a large labrador x
Ermmmmm - I don't think so! Barney is a large labrador - he is considerably bigger than Daisy - he is very lean atm because of his arthritis, but even so he weighs just over 38kg! :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

jodieandbuddy

Post by jodieandbuddy » 09 Mar 2010, 19:56

buddy is 16 inches to the shoulder at 13 weeks... he has 'big big boxing glove' paws, as my dad calls them! :lol: so im thinking he will be a big boy :D
Jodie and Buddy

http://www.youtube.com/user/norau9j82?feature=watch check out our YouTube vids :D
http://www.buddy-doodle.com and our website!

daffodil

Post by daffodil » 10 Mar 2010, 21:47

However......Dillon is 22 months and weighs 33kg, and Darcy is 18 months and weighs 42kg
Try 14 months, 28.5 or 29" to the shoulder & 43.5Kg. Buster is an F1 but I thought he would have been closer to 50 Kg to be honest. I was pleasantly surprised when the vet said 43. He has checked him as he is ridiculously tall for a doodle. I didn't quite know how ridiculous until we saw a female standard labradoodle at Roundwood Park on Sunday and went over. They called Buster a giant as she was 14 months and a 1/3rd shorter :shock: :?

I should have taken a pic of him this morning playing with a fearless yorkshire terrier in the park the length of 2 bags of sugar... It was clearly a case of little and large.

I am going to try and add to my doodlebucket account tonight to give you an idea of size against me who is only 5ft 1" tall :lol: .