Naming my doodle?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Clairejen

Re: Naming my doodle?

Post by Clairejen » 03 Mar 2010, 09:28

know EXACTLY what you are going thru - we had the same probelm about 8 weeks ago when we got Bailey. Until we brought her home she was going to be called Becks to go with Stella (no drink problem here - honest!!) but once we got her home it didn't 'feel' right, so the thinking caps went on for two days and then my son came up with Bailey because that's the colour she is - the rest is history
Ummmm, hope you didn't have to give up the beer and go on to Irish Cream Liqueur to match your dog!
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 03 Mar 2010, 09:31

It's a nightmare! We had Max picked for our boy before we saw him, decided it didn't suit him and kept Marley which was given to him by his breeder.

I like Milly for a wee girly doodle.

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

mandilaing

Post by mandilaing » 03 Mar 2010, 11:42

We decided we wanted to name our dog after some type of food, because lots of the dogs who had names we liked were food based: Haggis, Marmite, Tetley. We ended up with Morello, because it was the only name we could agree on.

But...if we had waited until we had her and had got to know her, we would have called her General Sniff - because she spends half her time having a general sniff around the place!
Mandi and Morello

Image Image

Andrews

Post by Andrews » 03 Mar 2010, 14:53

Hi

You lot are great. We have more names than ever now. If anyone can tell me how I put a picture on here I'll be able to let you see her.

Andrew
Andrew and Oscar

KateW

Post by KateW » 03 Mar 2010, 17:16

Andrews wrote:Hi

You lot are great. We have more names than ever now. If anyone can tell me how I put a picture on here I'll be able to let you see her.

Andrew
Try Rosie's guide

http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... 24#p175724

Katherine
ImageImage

Andrews

Post by Andrews » 03 Mar 2010, 17:49

Thanks Katherine. I hope it works.
Andrew and Oscar

Andrews

Post by Andrews » 03 Mar 2010, 17:50

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Andrew and Oscar

Andrews

Post by Andrews » 03 Mar 2010, 17:52

Maybe this time. Still no name.

Andrew and Oscar

KateW

Post by KateW » 03 Mar 2010, 18:30

Andrews wrote:Maybe this time. Still no name.

Well done, Andrew :) And what a gorgeous girl little No-Name is.......

Katherine
ImageImage

Annajackett

Post by Annajackett » 03 Mar 2010, 19:06

I looked at her and thought:
Doris

Other names which I like are:
Caja ( cornish for Daisy)
Bibi ( arabic for 'a lady')
Iris
Inca
Dorcas
Drew
Lulu
Cookie
Jet

Some freinds just got a black lab and names her Guiness which actually really suits her!
Remember its something that you might have to yell whilst chasing her in public, so 1) you dont want to look & sound too silly and 2) you dont want to get floored by another dog of the same name! I got knocked off my feet on the beach by a 2 year od newfoundland called Blue when my Blue was about 15 weeks old andwe were practicing recall!

She is absolutely adorable by the way- I hope you're having a great time with her.

Looking forward to seeing more pics

Anna & Blue

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 03 Mar 2010, 19:15

Ummmm, hope you didn't have to give up the beer and go on to Irish Cream Liqueur to match your dog!
If she doesn't get the hang of this toilet training soon, she may well drive me to it!!!! :evil:

cngray

Post by cngray » 03 Mar 2010, 20:35

Ok, so our pup is chocolate, we named her Gracie... (she looks a little like yours at that age) very cute btw!
I took a young lad from my work (autistic with significat disabilities) he said...hello Jessy, I said no thats not her name what is it..he said, Gypsy... I thought both those names we're brilliant, and if we hadnt named her Gracie, Jessy and Gypsy would have been great!
I'm sure you'll pick a great one!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sammylou

Post by sammylou » 04 Mar 2010, 16:03

Oh My! she is cute with a capital 'C'!!!
When i saw her picture i thought she looked like a Merri, dont know why, never thought of that name before and never met a dog called that :oops:

We had always said that our next dog would be called Herbert Or Ted and when we went to see him and pick him out we both looked at each other and said 'Herbert' it suits him perfectly... a right little 'erbert :lol:
good luck !
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

MUMMYBUCK

Post by MUMMYBUCK » 04 Mar 2010, 16:57

any name yet have you narrowed it down to a short list there was someone not long ago who put names on and we all voted. Try standing in a field and shout the name I think for easyness it should be 1 or 2 syllables - my sis couldnt think of a name for her cat and guess what name she ended up with "goddam" as in wheres that goddam cat. Shes very sweet
mummybuck and MegImage

groover

Post by groover » 05 Mar 2010, 02:45

Aw she's beautiful.

Xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog