Did anyone else choose the 'lively' pup of the litter?!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Olliedoodle

Did anyone else choose the 'lively' pup of the litter?!

Post by Olliedoodle » 03 Mar 2010, 11:27

I am intrigued if anyone else out there feels they chose the 'liveliest' pup of the litter?
We love Ollie to bits and wouldn't change him for the world, but when he is awake he is very lively! We are not sure about all the pups from the litter, but from what Marion (Finn's owner) has said and another of the owners Ollie is a live wire!
Apart from when he is asleep (he has always been a good sleeper) he is on the lookout for things to do. He hardly ever just sits lies down and relaxes.

He loves to:
- counter surf
- steal anything he can get hold of

He has also wanted to be 'top dog' from day one.

He gets the recommended amount of exercise, we do training with him and also feed through toys and I think that's just the way he is.

Anyone else?

Lucy
Ollie

Check out Ollie's blog: http://olliedoodle-antics.blogspot.com/

Elisa

Re: Did anyone else choose the 'lively' pup of the litter?!

Post by Elisa » 03 Mar 2010, 12:58

Billy is now 12 weeks. And he dosnt give me a minutes peace!!!! Sleep time, whats that! I feel like i have an extension of me hanging onto my ankles all the time. Luckily i love him so much xx

cngray

Post by cngray » 03 Mar 2010, 13:15

ha ha... we thought we chose a quiet puppy out of a litter of 12. She was all chilled out and quiet until we got her home... oh my life, shes a bundle of fun!
For the first few weeks, she didn't stop. I was hoping that once she had her jabs, and was allowed out, she would calm down!
FEW, thats all i can say, because it worked! Shes a lovely little chocolate bundle of fluff, 4 months today!
:)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 03 Mar 2010, 13:21

Marley was asleep, his sister was trying to wake everyone up, he just put his paw over his head as if to tell her to go away and carried on sleeping, but when the food came out - he was up and over quicker than you could blink! He reminded me of my OH, happy to sleep until there is food on the go :lol: :lol: . He was the laid back one of the litter and he still is pretty laid back now. Has his moments where he is bouncing about like tigger but not to the point where you want to put him in another room for timeout too often.

He's everything we could've hoped for and then some!

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

Amarante

Post by Amarante » 03 Mar 2010, 14:27

Hell no, we sold those ones :wink: LOL

Only kidding, we found them all to be lively but at different times but it was the forward thinkers and explorers who became the challenges for people but brilliant if you put the time in. xx
Dancin' DebsImage

Olliedoodle

Post by Olliedoodle » 03 Mar 2010, 14:41

Maybe when we went to view him and he was dragging a black bin liner across the floor backwards we should have realised he would be up to mischief alot!
At moments when he is 'being a challenge' we remember all the good things he does - sleeps well, healthy, was good at house training, loves all other dogs, ignores the guinea pigs that live in the hall! etc. Plus he has clamed down a little bit since having the snip (well that's what we are putting it down to, it might just be a coincidence).
There seem to be so many calm doodles on the site and just wondered about other live wires...

Lucy
Ollie

ebug99

Post by ebug99 » 03 Mar 2010, 18:11

LOL - we chose the most laid back puppy from the litter and he turned out to be a real livewire and still is !!

We reckon that once he was an only dog he came ito his own............

We love him madly though :D

Liz x
xxxXX Teddy & Harvey XXxxx

Bid

Post by Bid » 03 Mar 2010, 18:26

Ahhhh - hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol: :lol: :lol: When we went to see Daisy as pup (we were looking for a black labradoodle boy btw!), she had been returned to her breeder as her first owner wasn't really prepared for the "hassle" of a puppy - there was probably clue # 1 there had we thought about it :roll: .

Clue # 2 - Bridget took us into the garden, where a cute little 8-week old cream puppy was haring round the garden, leading a bunch consisting of the remaining puppies, plus Frankie her aunt, and Kia her granny - supervised from afar by Snuggles her Mum.

We really do deserve everything we got for not seeing the signs :lol: :lol: . Daisy is lively, intelligent, independant, funny, challenging and wonderful!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

liverbird

Post by liverbird » 03 Mar 2010, 19:42

We certainly got the live wire - our breeder even emailed me the week before to ask if I wanted a less lively one :shock: With her wealth of experience she obviously knew the signs!!!!
Bailey is fearless - and crafty with it. Stella has never been one to open a door, if it's only open ajar she will bark at you til you go and open it fully for her (wuz) but now she doesn't need to bark because Bailey opens all the doors for her and can somehow manage to open the stair gate if it hasn't been tightly shut. I was getting ready for work this morning thinking I had shut the gate down stairs only to turn around to two faces staring back at me in the bathroom doorway :lol:
They are funny when they get up to mischief together - I just wish Bailey for once would follow Stella's lead on the toilet training front - it's just NOT falling into place at all

lizzie tb

Post by lizzie tb » 03 Mar 2010, 19:52

Oh I definetely got a live wire with Bertie. Julie and Rai told me he liked to be Top Dog, when they rang me to see how he was getting on they said it was so quiet without him!
He's been a bee ever since, loves to steal, he can escape from anywhere and he can jump- we measured six feet. He's a real character, he 'talks' to my son all the time, he plagues the life out of Toby, but of course we love him to bits and wouldn't swop him for anything. He's one and a half now - bless, I'm sure he'll calm down soon...

KateW

Post by KateW » 04 Mar 2010, 01:41

I love a dog with spirit :D Of course I always want to have a dog who can be taught good manners but I especially love character, mischeviousness, humour and we have all those qualities in Rufus :D

Rufus has always been scared of missing anything which could be exciting or fun; when he was a puppy I had to be quite firm to ensure he had the necessary sleep.

Katherine
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 04 Mar 2010, 01:46

Bid wrote:
Clue # 2 - Bridget took us into the garden, where a cute little 8-week old cream puppy was haring round the garden, leading a bunch consisting of the remaining puppies, plus Frankie her aunt, and Kia her granny - supervised from afar by Snuggles her Mum.

We really do deserve everything we got for not seeing the signs :lol: :lol: . Daisy is lively, intelligent, independant, funny, challenging and wonderful!
I love this image of little Daisy; who could resist her :)

Katherine
ImageImage

groover

Post by groover » 04 Mar 2010, 02:01

Herbie AkA wild thing is not a dog for the faint hearted :shock:

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

Kittypickle

Post by Kittypickle » 04 Mar 2010, 05:16

The rest of Dotty's litter had gone when we went to see another litter of minatures. She was going to someone who had asked to have her a little later as going on holiday, then changed their mind. We were a bit early and she was still outside and that was it, I couldn't concentrate on the tiny ones. She seemed really chilled out and DH said recently he was worried she might be a little bit boring.

My goodness was he ever wrong ! She is so friendly to anything breathing (unless they are tiny like mice then she eats them), and absolutely has to be in the thick of it. She's the one in training who is busy getting strokes from the other owners whilst their own dogs have flopped on the floor and gets distracted from the exercise by seeing the other dogs and her tail starts going furiously so I have to check she doesn't singe it on the gas fire. Boring she most certainly isn't !

Olliedoodle

Post by Olliedoodle » 04 Mar 2010, 11:57

Thanks everyone for your replies...reassuring to know there are others out there like him!
Ollie