Has your doodle been to vote today.......

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
KateW

Has your doodle been to vote today.......

Post by KateW » 06 May 2010, 20:01

Our polling station was like a dog kindergarten this evening. Rufus helped me cast my vote in the company of a golden retriever, two terriers, a deerhound and a setter :) He shook paws with two of the candidates but showed no preference :lol: The tellers said there has been a constant stream of dogs all day.......

Katherine
ImageImage

Beveth

Re: Has your doodle been to vote today.......

Post by Beveth » 06 May 2010, 20:17

Mine can't go out yet, but they did sit outside the polling station in the car and appeared bored by all the politics as they slept through the proceedings.

Beverley
Beverley
Bertie and Banjo
Blog: http://beveth.wordpress.com

Leah

Post by Leah » 06 May 2010, 20:24

Yes, Monty very much enjoyed coming to vote with me!
I had to leave him outside and by the time I returned he had attracted quite a crowd of "fans" all wondering what breed he was!
Then I had the usual "Ah, so THAT'S what a Labradoodle looks like!"
Luckily he didn't disgrace himself by jumping all over his admirers!

frosty

Post by frosty » 06 May 2010, 20:34

Yep both of mine have :roll:

Walked up with Hector with my cards, tied him to the "ramp" ( I wasnt sure if they were actually allowed in the portacabin :? ) , to be told I was down as a postal voter so had to do it all at home, seal the envelope and bring it back :oops: .....anyway a guy was making such a fuss of Hector that when he went into the booth hec wanted to go with him and hence proceeded to try and take the ramp with him, and the 2x ballot ladies stopped what they were doing and looked in horror :shock: . Hmmm I untied him and made a hasty retreat

So back I walk, fill in the postal ballots, change mutts and walk back up with Archwipe.....and the lady said oh your back just bring him in :? :lol: :lol: Although I have to say he was very well behaved and cast his vote beautifully :mrgreen:
"The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues."

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 06 May 2010, 20:44

2right Liz and me went to vote.Freda

mandilaing

Post by mandilaing » 06 May 2010, 21:39

Indeed she has. We got to the school and saw (a) a big sign that said no dogs, (b) a huge queue of people waiting to vote (whatever happened to good old-fashioned British apathy???) and (c) several dogs already in the queue.

So, we joined the queue and started the long wait. It took half an hour to get to the front of the queue and in that time Morello sniffed at everyone that walked past, didn't jump up at anyone except DH and me and sat there looking exceptionally pretty. We were very proud of her!
Mandi and Morello

Image Image

Bid

Post by Bid » 06 May 2010, 21:51

Poppy went to vote. She marched straight in, paws on the desk and had a nose through the list :roll:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ben

Post by Ben » 06 May 2010, 21:53

mine went to vote....Max poo'd just outside, excitement wee'd when he was stroked by any stranger, bounced up and down small children etc..... etc..... etc.....

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 06 May 2010, 22:09

Leon came to vote with us and was ushered in enthusiastically. The policewoman in the hall recognised him, we can't go anywhere in this town without a chorus of "hello Leon".
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 06 May 2010, 23:24

Olga went to vote, jumped up on the desk to say hello to the man sat behind.
When I said "Olga, sit" he asked me if she was Russian! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue x
ImageImage]

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 06 May 2010, 23:29

:lol: :lol: But, of course, darlink :lol:

My two had to stay at home because our polling station was in a classroom at the secondary school and the school was still working. Very strict no dogs rule there.

They would only have been as bored by the politicians as the rest of us :roll:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 07 May 2010, 00:05

MrsAdmin wrote:

They would only have been as bored by the politicians as the rest of us :roll:
Oh, bored is the last thing I am :) I love general elections....

And I love all these images of doodles taking over the polling stations :lol:

Katherine
ImageImage

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 07 May 2010, 01:16

Yep, Jasper came with us to vote. I thought it would be a good experience for him, but there was no queue at all! At least he got a good sniff of the school dinner tables.

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 07 May 2010, 18:09

We cheated and did postal votes but wanted to stay up to see the first few results.
Bess however was very restless and wanted to go off to bed, so had to watch from our bedroom TV. It comes to something when being informed that it is OUR bedtime :lol: :lol:

KateW

Post by KateW » 08 May 2010, 00:15

Bess Exeter wrote:We cheated and did postal votes but wanted to stay up to see the first few results.
Bess however was very restless and wanted to go off to bed, so had to watch from our bedroom TV. It comes to something when being informed that it is OUR bedtime :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: We had a similar situation, Jayne except we stayed up very late. At about 3am Rufus gave a huge sigh and took himself off to bed giving us pitying looks.......

Katherine
ImageImage