Worst thing your doodle has eaten.......?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
annvinton

Re: Worst thing your doodle has eaten.......?

Post by annvinton » 29 May 2010, 15:40

Ben also likes manky tissues!
Any old rotting vegetation that he can pull out of the pond / canal.
Pens & pencils.
But the best / worst was a £10 note - at least HALF of it! Neatly torn in half along the centre crease.
(The dog walker has since learned to put it in her pocket very quickly!)
Anyway - YES it did come out the other end :shock: and YES I did take it to the bank and received a cheque from the Bank of England in replacement. :D

Bid

Post by Bid » 29 May 2010, 15:52

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gordon Bennett - you read this and wonder how any of them actually make it to adulthood :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've been lucky with our two, Daisy only ever really chewed the skirting boards and threw up a pebble I didn't know she'd eaten. Poppy followed on where Daisy left off wit hthe skirting board, and sneaked my mobile out of my handbag once. Other than that the only thing she's chewed has been a dog training dvd :roll: :lol: (or do you think I've just blotted out the worst of it?)
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 29 May 2010, 16:56

Hiya

Reading this again we have got off lightly so far !

The razor blades were really scarey as the socks as I know can cause obstruction.

A friends labradore swallowed one of those sauce pots that you get in mcDonalds and this caused alot of problems. It eventually was cut out out with the bar b q sauce still in it !! anyone for a burger ?!!!

We talk about cats having 9 lives these dogs seem too also .

maddy
ImageImage

Saramel

Post by Saramel » 29 May 2010, 19:07

Dexter is normally pretty good leaving his chewing to the odd tissue or stick, the odd toy which is left around and the cat good wrappers but he excelled himself when his little puppy teeth wrapped themselves round my very expensive Fit FLops when they were less than 48 hours old. Oh, and the Xbox 360 drum kit my husband bought me for my birthday didn't work so well with the shredded wires!

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 30 May 2010, 09:34

I think I've just blotted it all out, like you Bid :lol: :lol: The list got too endless.

Becky's swallowing of my extra long purple rubber exercise stretchy, which emerged in three entire pieces in her poo later that day does stick in my mind though :roll:

Seriously, Rosie's razor blades incident is a stark reminder how dangerous it can be if Doodles get their mouths on things they shouldn't. Stones are a complete no-no as that can involve a rapid op if they don't get sicked up ASAP and last year someone's pup had a teddy bear removed from their stomach - intact :roll:

Eyes in the back of our heads is what we should get implanted, before we buy the Doodle :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

mandilaing

Post by mandilaing » 30 May 2010, 12:46

I am seriously concerned that Morello is not actually a doodle! Other than chewing the heel of my sandals the first week we had her and taking every single tissue that ever goes into any bin in the house out, which she then tears into little pieces, but does not eat, she's never chewed anything!!!

She does counter surf and managed to grab half a lemon poppyseed muffin off a friend's plate on Friday, who doesn't have a dog and wasn't aware of just how quick they can be :lol: The Christmas ham also had a Morello shape bite out of the side of it, which a bit of judicious carving managed to hide from our guests!
Mandi and Morello

Image Image

Clair&Bob

Post by Clair&Bob » 01 Jun 2010, 11:55

OMG - the razor blades must have been so scary!

That makes Bobby's sand pit escapade seem like elevenses!

I honestly thought that with a two year old my mind would already be programmed to cope with anything Bobby could throw at me - how wrong could I be......................? :roll:

Clair
Clair & Bob

cathox

Post by cathox » 01 Jun 2010, 12:02

THREE pairs of my shoes this weekend n :evil: :evil: :evil:

sammylou

Post by sammylou » 01 Jun 2010, 16:33

WOW!!
I think we have so far been quite lucky (touches lots of wood) as hes not been a chewer (yet), execpt from the day before we went to spain last week, herbert got very unwell, was sick 5x in one morning, very lathergic, not himself at all. So i took him to the vet as we were going away the next morning, thankfully! he had a temp and was in ovious discomfirt, Vet couldnt feel any thnig but gave him some pain killers and relaxants. 2 hours later Herbert did a poo with a Stone in it the size of a large bar of soap :shock: :shock: , Luckily he was fine whilst we were away and continues to be well. DH did say he remember him chewing a large stone 2 days earlier but didn't realised he could swollow it :? .

Hopefully, that will be as bad as it gets, how ever with hopefully at least another 14 years to go, who knows! LOL
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

helenahigson

Post by helenahigson » 01 Jun 2010, 19:11

Oh my gosh. i have to read all your lists again!!! please tell me it gets better!!! My two seem in competition now!!! not nice finding my best pants on the floor having passed through a dog!!! or having to do a Paul Daniels trick With Bailey's behind to keep removing strings of black sack!!! needed a glove for that!! wot will they eat next!!Image
ImageImageImageImage

pam888

Post by pam888 » 01 Jun 2010, 22:49

The list is far tooooo long to add but the 'Prettest' was Christmas tinsle :roll:

I didn't know about it untill the next day when Ozzy's poo was neatly wrapped
in beautiful lilac sparkley tinsle!!!! :wink: very pretty :shock:

Pam & Ozzy x

Hel&Mark

Post by Hel&Mark » 02 Jun 2010, 07:42

We waited until Barley was one, and past the peeing and chewing phase, to have new carpet. The first time he was left alone, he took an ink cartridge from out of the printer, and chewed it up in five different areas of the new carpet. That was somewhat soul destroying... :shock: :lol:
Check this is being adhered to before you buy your puppy:
http://labradoodle.org.uk/forum/viewtop ... =17&t=6560
http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Clair&Bob

Post by Clair&Bob » 02 Jun 2010, 10:07

They're worse than having a baby!!

We've dug a large bush out of the garden and Bobby's new favourite game is to dig for any roots we may have left - not great considering his colour! :roll:
Clair & Bob

KateW

Post by KateW » 02 Jun 2010, 17:21

I agree with Bid that you tend to blot out the worst of the horrors :lol: Great thread.....

Rufus has not really destroyed anything and has never tackled furniture. The most heartstopping moment was when he was about six months old and had started moving a chair about the kitchen as an ad hoc ladder in order that he could examine stuff closely. I was picking herbs in the garden, came in to find him with my extremely sharp poultry scissors in his mouth. Fortunately he handed them back.

The most disgusting thing was when I had to nip into a public loo by the beach; took Rufus in with me and he immediately found a full incontinence pad which had been left on the floor. It was revolting and made me feel sick; there was also the worry that if he had consumed it he would have been on a drip at the vets as nappies and incontinence pads have a barrier filling which swells in the dogs stomach :roll: Rufus was very reluctant to part with this treasure and in the end I burst into tears of rage whereupon he did leave it.....

One useful thing to teach a dog is "show me" so at least if they find something outside you know what they have :) This meant that when Rufus found a fish hook and bait on the beach recently, he brought it to show me and was happy to swap it for a treat.....

Katherine
ImageImage

trinared

Post by trinared » 02 Jun 2010, 20:19

OH has very lovingly planted a little row of bedding plants this afternoon to make a rather dodgy fence look a bit more interesting. As between them they have eaten every other plant in the garden, OH decided to put up this very fetching fencing to try and deter both plant chewing and digging. :shock:

I am taking bets on how long the fence and sadly subsequently the plants will last :? :roll:

OH is working away for the next 4 days and I have the very stressful task of now ensuring his beloved flowers survive :shock:

And yes... that is Marley's nose trying to get in amongst it :roll:

Marley and Duffy