Worst thing your doodle has eaten.......?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Raini

Re: Worst thing your doodle has eaten.......?

Post by Raini » 02 Jun 2010, 20:30

Worst thing my Doodle Seren has eaten were my UGG boots (and they weren't fake !!!) - good job I love her - Raini
Imagettp://i839.photobucket.com/alImagebums/zz312/LorraineLucas/Seren/DSCN0284.jpg[/img]

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 02 Jun 2010, 20:41

Hel&Mark wrote:We waited until Barley was one, and past the peeing and chewing phase, to have new carpet. The first time he was left alone, he took an ink cartridge from out of the printer, and chewed it up in five different areas of the new carpet. That was somewhat soul destroying... :shock: :lol:
Oh Helen - naughty Barley :wink: I do feel for you :roll: Molly ate a ball point pen on my then beige fabric sofa.....................I now have brown leather sofas :wink:

Moll's favourite is whole socks - though at almost 4 years old, she is more willing to give them up rather than swallow them whole.

Like others, I too occasionally have to don a poo bag onto my hand and "help" an emerging object, eg a chewed plastic bag, or even a swallowed (thanfkully empty!) poo bag :roll: from Molly's bottom. I do get some funny looks from oher dog walkers :oops:
Ei, Molly and Saffie

marionfunnell

Post by marionfunnell » 02 Jun 2010, 22:16

As much as I love Finn - I would be so grateful to know how to teach the 'show me' command. Although, I wouldn't want to do this with some of the things he decides to eat (eg other dog's poo!!!! :roll: ). Any tips would be gratefully received. :D

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 02 Jun 2010, 22:28

I would also be interested in the "show me" command, as I have 2 hoover-doodles. Usually, now, they will sniff and then leave on command, but not always :wink:

When Saffie caught and killed a rabbit recently, I did a very encouraging "fetch, Saffie, clever girl" followed by a "good girl" followed by a "leave" ...........miraculously, the sequence worked, aided by some tasty liver treats from my pocket. (Sadly the rabbit didn't survive, but at least Saffie didn't eat it and pick up any germs from it. :( )
Ei, Molly and Saffie