10 Gorgeous Puppies!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Clair

10 Gorgeous Puppies!

Post by Clair » 29 May 2010, 21:00

Thought that i'd let things calm down a bit before i updated you on Millie, Life has been very hectic here too!
I am pleased and very proud to say that Millie had her puppies on Wednesday morning, they are absolutely gorgeous, i can't stop watching them! :shock:
Millie is being a fantastic mum, it was such an amazing experience, she timed it to perfection waiting for the kids to go to school, so she knew she had the house to herself and of course me to help out when needed! :lol:
I will never forget the experience, Millie was brilliant, the pups are gorgeous and already getting their own little personalities!
I'm now going to try and upload my first picture...... here goes!

trinared

Re: 10 Gorgeous Puppies!

Post by trinared » 29 May 2010, 21:04

oooh pups :D do they have different coloured little collars on? They are adorable..... any chance of bigger pic please :D

Well done mum :P
Marley and Duffy

Clair

Post by Clair » 29 May 2010, 21:06

Excellent, i've managed to do it!!
Now that i know how, i can't help showing off Millie too!
Here she is enjoying the snow

Clair

Post by Clair » 29 May 2010, 21:08

I'll give it a go!.......................

trinared

Post by trinared » 29 May 2010, 21:10

Adorable... I love the little paw appearing bottom left :D
Marley and Duffy

SBW2009

Post by SBW2009 » 29 May 2010, 21:10

How lovely!

Hope all goes well from here on.

Clair

Post by Clair » 29 May 2010, 21:17

A bit big, i can't seem to get a medium size pic, oh well!
Millie had so many black girls, we had to use something to tell them apart! Different colour nail polish on their ears was a suggestion but i didn't feel that i could, what if Millie had licked it whilst wet!!
Mum came to the rescue with her wide range of knitting wools! Don't worry though i'm constantly checking them to make sure they've not become too tight or fallen off, she's already made the next size up for when these get too small.

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 30 May 2010, 08:19

Lovely! Marley's breeder used ribbon and hair bands when they were tiny to tell them apart.

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

SarahandMilly

Post by SarahandMilly » 30 May 2010, 08:31

Lovely photos. I'm a bit confused.... I thought the parents of these puppies weren't fully health screened and therefore didn't comply with the UK Labradoodle code of practice?? Have they now been done??? If not, they shouldn't be advertised on this forum.

Clair

Post by Clair » 30 May 2010, 10:19

Hi Sarah, yep your right both parents haven't been fully health screened. Millie has had her hips checked and eyes tested, i was genuinely unaware that the elbows needed checking as was not advised by the vet that this was needed.
The stud has had eyes checked, but when the hips were x-rayed the owner had been misinformed that as he wasn't mcrochipped the result couldn't be sent off to the BVA. However, the vet had said that they couldn't see any problems with Cosmo's hips. Cosmo is now 9 years old and has never shown any signs of ill health, he has sired many healthy litters and was recommended to us by a number of breeders as a good stud dog for a our family pet being mated for the first time. Anyone enquiring on the pups, I am being honest on the situation and the stud dog owner is more than happy to speak to anyone too, as well as letting them see Cosmo. With reference to your concerns over advertising, i have had communication with Mark and he has said he has no problem with me mentioning Millies litter on the forums, the pups are not listed as an advert. He has also said the CoP is intended to be Best Practice and when it comes down to it it is up to the buyer and the breeder to be informed and comfortable that a healthy dog is being supplied to loving home.
Clair

LynneL

Post by LynneL » 30 May 2010, 11:03

I would like to see Mark verify this on the forum to be 100% happy about this thread. :?

susiet

Post by susiet » 30 May 2010, 11:07

Oooh they look absolutely scrummy!!!

Bet your children are loving having the puppies, and pleased that its half term! You'll be having lots of visitors I'm sure!

Enjoy!
Flora Doodle

linny

Post by linny » 30 May 2010, 11:13

Please note that all users, whether they are breeders or not, making postings explicitly or implicitly advertising dogs/puppies for sale on this site must ensure that the breeding of said dogs/puppies is/was in compliance with the UKLA's Code of Practice and explicitly state this in the posting.

Any postings/threads not conforming with this requirement are likely to be removed.

Thanks,
Mark

Clair wrote:Hi Sarah, yep your right both parents haven't been fully health screened. Millie has had her hips checked and eyes tested, i was genuinely unaware that the elbows needed checking as was not advised by the vet that this was needed.
The stud has had eyes checked, but when the hips were x-rayed the owner had been misinformed that as he wasn't mcrochipped the result couldn't be sent off to the BVA. However, the vet had said that they couldn't see any problems with Cosmo's hips. Cosmo is now 9 years old and has never shown any signs of ill health, he has sired many healthy litters and was recommended to us by a number of breeders as a good stud dog for a our family pet being mated for the first time. Anyone enquiring on the pups, I am being honest on the situation and the stud dog owner is more than happy to speak to anyone too, as well as letting them see Cosmo. With reference to your concerns over advertising, i have had communication with Mark and he has said he has no problem with me mentioning Millies litter on the forums, the pups are not listed as an advert. He has also said the CoP is intended to be Best Practice and when it comes down to it it is up to the buyer and the breeder to be informed and comfortable that a healthy dog is being supplied to loving home.
Clair
:shock: :shock: :shock:
If this is the case then to my mind it makes a mockery of the UKLA C. O. P
Nothing personal Claire , you have been honest about the lack of elbow tests on the dam, never the less the sire is NOT tested and the bitch is very young( under the age of two).
This litter is being advertised implicitly and I find myself asking "Why bother with a Code of practice" ?).... when some people really don't give a S..T do they :evil:
I find myself feeling disappointed to say the least, we have a Code of practise and I think it should be strictly adhered to.

lorenza

Post by lorenza » 30 May 2010, 11:20

I agree with Linny, also if the stud owner went as far as having xrays done, why not go that bit further and have the stud mircochipped :shock:

Ditta

Post by Ditta » 30 May 2010, 11:50

Oooh, what gorgeous puppies! Thanks for sharing them, looking forward to more pics of them growing up!