10 Gorgeous Puppies!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Skippyandlulu

Re: 10 Gorgeous Puppies!

Post by Skippyandlulu » 31 May 2010, 12:41

I actually feel sorry for this breeder. If only she had done her homework before the mating.....

If it was me I would be speaking to the stud dog owner and demanding to know why the proper health tests were not done. There is no excuse not to hip score a stud dog, it can be done at any age. Is the stud dog owner trying to hide something? Or is it just down to profit/greed? :(

Bid

Post by Bid » 31 May 2010, 13:28

PennyAli wrote:
Bid wrote:
Adam Lindley wrote: The fact he has reached 9 without being diagnosed with HD would suggest his hips are good.
Not necessarily - I know of a bitch with a very high hip score who has never shown any symptoms whatsoever, and who has a very active lifestyle! She is kept at a good weight, has a healthy diet and sensible exercise, and has been very lucky.
This is very true Bid, my MIL had her Labrador's hips done for scoring the vet said, they were terrible not worth sending off and that she would need to be on medication her whole life, she was one, she is fourteen now and only been bad last two years!!! and no medication untill two years ago!

Far to many dogs have him in their lines which is limiting the future gene pool for UK Labradoodles, and many people are line breeding with him, which could be disastrous.
So to turn this thread back onto a more positive note, perhaps people could come up with some suggestions on how to help make sure the pups stay happy & healthy as they grow up? I am a fan of fish oil for dogs - with our without HD. I am pretty sure that it kept Barney mobile for longer than his vet thought he would be, and imo it is responsible for the absence of any signs of early arthritis in Daisy's hips so far - I even read one report which said that eating fish oils can prevent bad moods! :lol: . Poppy has fish oil too and she is one of the happiest healthiest dogs I know :D (I am touching wood as I type that :wink: )
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

watto

Post by watto » 31 May 2010, 13:48

Bid wrote:I even read one report which said that eating fish oils can prevent bad moods!
Doesn't work for me!! :lol: :lol:

Jo

linny

Post by linny » 31 May 2010, 15:43

watto wrote:
Bid wrote:I even read one report which said that eating fish oils can prevent bad moods!
Doesn't work for me!! :lol: :lol:

Jo
That's a shame I was just off to buy a trolley load for the O H :lol: :lol:
Seriously though....I'm a great believer in feeding oily fish.