I'M SO ANGRY!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bess Exeter

I'M SO ANGRY!

Post by Bess Exeter » 23 Jun 2010, 15:17

Bess & I have just got back from a lovely picnic in the sun with friends the other side of the canal, Bess was really good being the only dog, she had her ball to keep her and everyone else amused :D

Then on the return walk got across the canal bridge (Bess still carrying her ball) I decided to walk down rather than over a large bridge due to too many cycles most likely rushing home for the world cup match? Anyway, we often go this way because able to throw the ball again...again...towards the river then home. On this occasion there were 4 men & a woman lazing & drinking on the bank with a little 'cross terrier'. As we walked passed the dog spotted Bess and came running over with his lead still attached, which at that time I thought was dangerous. They both at first played together but soon this dog attempted to 'hump' Bess and I tried pushing the dog away. The owner & friends were just laughing and shouting 'let them get on with it, they are playing'! Apart from the obvious I also got very worried as the handle of this dogs lead got caught around Bess's back leg and Bess was trying to get away from this dog :evil: Eventually the 'owner' started to walk towards me and shouted "What's your problem!"

I must add at this point that normally don't like confontation and very rarely swear or shout, but I was so worried for Bess and thier attitude I grabbed hold of the dogs lead and replied " Not only is your dog trying to s**g my dog but could of broken her leg on this lead" :!: :twisted: He told me to let go the lead which I did and both Bess & I tried to walk away but his dog wouldn't have it and continued to follow and again hump Bess. I became more forceful with my carrier bag which did contain the remains of the cake I made for the picnic, camera etc :roll: The friends & owner continued shouting abuse and saying it was my fault that MY DOG should be on a lead. The owner eventually shouted for me to stop walking away and to grab his dogs lead for him, I think mainly because we had travelled some distance and he realised his dog would prefer following us all the way home than stay with them :mrgreen: Thrusting the lead to the owner I could still hear the abuse and accusing me for not having Bess on a lead! I wa shaking when I got home more with anger and what what could of happened to Bess if the lead got caught and broken her back leg. Luckily sh'e not yet in season, although should be anytime :| Bess met other frienly male dogs this morning and I had even made a comment that none of them took any interest except playing :lol:

Sorry to have gone on but it's made me feel better than to turn to the G&T this time of the afternoon.

Jayne & Bess

Bid

Re: I'M SO ANGRY!

Post by Bid » 23 Jun 2010, 15:37

You sound very restrained to me - I think I would have had a bit more to say than that. It's bad enough being moaned at when you've done something, but when you are in the right it is infuriating! :evil:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

linny

Post by linny » 23 Jun 2010, 15:39

Hope you have calmed down a little now Jayne.
I find it unbelievable that these morons always choose to apportion blame elsewhere rather than address their own responsibilities :evil:
Glad Bess is non the worse but it really makes your blood boil doesn't it. :evil:
I think I would have lost it with them :roll:

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 23 Jun 2010, 16:03

Bess Exeter wrote: The owner eventually shouted for me to stop walking away and to grab his dogs lead for him, I think mainly because we had travelled some distance and he realised his dog would prefer following us all the way home than stay with them :mrgreen:
Sensible dog, stupid owner I say.Who would you rather be with :!: The sun really does bring them out in force doesn't it :roll: :lol:
Glad all ended OK.

Sharron
Sharron and Archie

KateW

Post by KateW » 23 Jun 2010, 16:21

Probably a combination of lack of intelligence, too much sun, alcohol and football :evil: Very exasperating and glad Bess is ok, Jayne.

We went to the beach early this morning to catch the low tide and were confronted by young boys throwing empty glass beer bottles down the stone steps. I handed out (clean) poo bags and told them that if they didn't go down and collect the broken glass I would call the police. They did so very reluctantly; I don't know whether they had drunk the beer or merely found the bottles. One of them told me he could cut his hands and seemed surprised when I replied that I was more concerned about Rufus's pads being cut :shock:

I think we could do with some rain now please....

Katherine
ImageImage

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 23 Jun 2010, 18:36

Hi :D

If it makes you fell any better you are not alone, there is always someone round the corner to spoil a perfect day , I get it all the time usually from fellow dog owners :roll:

I think it is very rude of them not to get their dog back especially as it was attached to a lead and was trying to hump your dog playing is very different!

I was walking Dexter the other day and this boy must have been about 11 or 12 was walking two labrador puppies on two flexi leads, the leads were extended as well and as the puppies greated Dexter the lead got very tangled and i ended up getting very annoyed what were his parents thinking :roll:

Glad you said something though :D

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 23 Jun 2010, 21:44

It was a pity because it spoilt a lovely lunch time. Bess is aways a little timid when meeting other dogs in case they wern't friendly. Only last Friday.....Yes again England world cup time :roll: Bess was chased by a black labrador which surprised her, and they both went into the undergrowth Eventually we saw the labrador. The owners were very appologetic & helped to find Bess, but no sign of Bess for about 5 minutes. Then I saw a lonely black blob in the distance and could see she didn't know whether to aim home or back the way she'd run. Bess must of heard me shout and ran to me as fast as she could, I don't know who was more relieved.

Today I think Bess wanted to run again but also felt she shouldn't. So this dog kept going after Bess, whereby it's middle aged owner with his younger friends giving ME abuse :evil: The couldn't get it into their thick drunken skulls that whether Bess was on a lead or not they had no contol of thier dog and the dangers of letting it roam around with his lead attached :evil:

I just want to add though, during all that time no way would Bess drop her beloved ball :lol:]

fee0305

Post by fee0305 » 23 Jun 2010, 22:27

Good for Bess. I think you deserved 2 Gin n Tonics for restraining yourself.
New doodler - its a good excuse for being a bit dotty