Questions to ask kennels

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
cathox

Questions to ask kennels

Post by cathox » 30 Jun 2010, 12:30

We need to put Lottie in kennels for 2 nights so I'm trying to find as a nice a place as possible. What questions should I be asking them?

Does anyone have any recommendations in north Essex or Suffolk (Ipswich/Woodbridge area down to Essex)

thank you!

KateW

Re: Questions to ask kennels

Post by KateW » 30 Jun 2010, 13:49

We had the same problem recently and I started a thread about it which might be of interest;

http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... =1&t=15846

The most important things imo are that the people love dogs, the dogs are housed and walked individually on a lead if there isn't a dedicated secure paddock and the quarters are clean, their own diet can be fed and bed and toys taken in...Security of the kennels is also paramount and I wanted somewhere which had people on site all night...

I specifically asked the proprietor of the kennels we used what she would do about certain symptoms and she identified bloat as a medical emergency which was good. As our own vet is only a few miles from the kennels I also asked that if anything was wrong with Rufus that they be called out to see him (the vets had agreed to this in advance).

The whole thing was extremely worrying but Rufus was fine; very pleased to be reunited and kept very close to me for the next few days :)

Sorry I can't help with a personal recommendation.

Katherine
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 30 Jun 2010, 14:54

If you go onto Doodle Times and pm Ursula (who has Beezer) she lives in Trimley, near Ipswich, I think and might have a recommendation.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... dMJZeZLz9Q
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

cathox

Post by cathox » 30 Jun 2010, 16:00

thank you both

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 01 Jul 2010, 12:11

Why not get a house sitter....

cathox

Post by cathox » 01 Jul 2010, 12:32

Bad experiences having a "friend" house sit for my cats!

Ursula has made a good recommendation as well :D