This is Australia

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Adam Lindley

This is Australia

Post by Adam Lindley » 01 Jul 2010, 10:39

Whilst you are basking in summer sunshine, here are a few pics from down under in winter...

First thing..

I'm not getting in there..

A hike through the soon to be back garden...

and back to the dam..

We are very lucky to be living here. :D :D :D

KateW

Re: This is Australia

Post by KateW » 01 Jul 2010, 10:54

Great photos, Adam :D It looks like a glorious place for lots of doodle fun and I quite envy you the challenge of taming the land into a garden.....

You'll have to keep us updated with progress :)

Katherine
ImageImage

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 01 Jul 2010, 11:06

The strimming mission is up to the water tank in the first picture to start with...

Was -7 degrees C the night before last, but sunny and 15 degrees in the day, so perfect to get things done. Not a chance of knocking over a few acres of grass in the summer. :)

Would be plenty of overflow for Linnys tribe if were on the same continent. We are looking for a few goats to keep the more rugged parts down, the roos don't do a great job but are fun to watch, especially bouncing over the fencing.

smilerz

Post by smilerz » 01 Jul 2010, 11:24

Yes and normally Bonnie is hopping behind the roo's. Kate it might not be the flashest of places but it finally definately feels like home for both of us.

Goats milk is suppose to be good for pups and me, is that correct??

I know where to come for Goat Advice then.

I have a barn already ready for them with a nice deep bed of straw, hay waiting to be broken open - good meadow hay and also Goat nuts so all I need is the goats or some baby goats (kids), if I get my way they will be in the living room in front of a warm log fire where the dogs are right now :)

Linda&Coco

Post by Linda&Coco » 01 Jul 2010, 11:36

Looks like my idea of paradise :mrgreen:

Coco & Barney

Littleoaks

Post by Littleoaks » 01 Jul 2010, 12:14

Beautiful, you are so lucky.
Just started raining here too, the sun never lasts too long!

Image Image

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 01 Jul 2010, 12:30

The rain doesn't last long enough here.

Drinking water is collected from the roof, and the rest of the water comes from the river at the bottom of the road, so we have bottled water on hand. No nasty infections so far and the dogs teeth are cleaner now than when we were in town with chlorinated water.

Moving to "no rain valley" has brought more rain than they have seen in years - must be the Welsh influence :D

watto

Post by watto » 01 Jul 2010, 13:21

It looks a really lovely spot, where exactly are you (not that I know NSW very well!!) ?

We'd like to move to a property sometime too, once the kids have gone. We didn't want to put the kids in boarding school. I did get offered a job in Albany recently, down on the south coast..... Tempting but just a few years too early.

Jo

Bridget Hodder

Post by Bridget Hodder » 01 Jul 2010, 17:31

hi adam
my brother lives in sydney,my brother said they havent come across any labradoodles.

bridget.
Image Image

Beveth

Post by Beveth » 01 Jul 2010, 19:46

It looks idyllic Adam. My husband is a landscape gardener and he would be very excited by that plot. Your winter morning looked absolutely beautiful.
Beverley
Bertie and Banjo
Blog: http://beveth.wordpress.com

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 02 Jul 2010, 10:50

Any landscape gardeners fancying a project, let us know how many acres they want to take on... :D

Jo, we are near Mudgee, so inland and about 4 hrs NW of Sydney. A good spot started with gold and is now running on wine & coal.

Bridget, I'm surprised your brother hasn't come across many labradoodles in Sydney, there are plenty around, although perhaps less in the city centre where there are more of the smaller crosses. Linny2 who used to post on here organised a few doodle romps in the city that were well attended

taffyjack

Post by taffyjack » 02 Jul 2010, 17:10

Great photos Adam.
Looks like a wonderful back garden to me! I agree, you are really lucky to be living there.
Does it beat Pembrokeshire? :D

Sue
ImageImage]

dave.bradley

Post by dave.bradley » 02 Jul 2010, 22:05

Lovely area to live Adam, (but a bit dry!) we know some sheep farmers who live in Mudgee who are concerned about the lack of rain in that area,My Wifes mother lives in Lauireton nr Port Macquarie and her brother-in-law has lived in Mudgee most of his life and he is now 90 years young :lol:
Dave & Julie & Teddy !

Adam Lindley

Post by Adam Lindley » 02 Jul 2010, 22:42

Pembrokeshire is home, and always will be - but that's because of the people. Here has a similar feel to north pembs :) , but without the sea :(

Dave, we seem to have brought some of the wet stuff with us, but no-ones complaining, and dry suits us. We know Laurieton as well as we lived near Port when we first came to Oz and have friends who lived at Lake Cathie.

A few friendly sheep would help keep the grass down...