Page 1 of 2

Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 18:05
by Lorraine82
Hi, I was trawling the internet today and came across this website:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/shooting-sports/ ... dog-2.html

It shocked me some of the comments that people were saying about labradoodles, Particularly:

"There are loads of the things in my village, and they are as mad as a box of frogs - aggressive towards other dogs, humans, cars, bikes, rubbish bags, low flying aircraft, you name it".

"there`s one stays next door to me and it`s the most vicous creature I have had the misfortune to encounter! The guy that owns IT, is a strapping 6`plus and he struggles painfully to control IT when out and about. It has come to the point, that if he encounters anybody when out walking, he crosses the road in order to avoid them! And the barking.....from dawn to fukcin` dusk if the bastardin` thing is left on its own. Horrible creatures."

"They are mongrels, that's the bottom line."

"one of the Labradoodle's near me killed another dog - a Spaniel. Ripped it's stomach open. Nice dogs! "

Comments like these never fail to make me mad! I think some people just dont like cross breeds! :x

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 18:18
by blueboysgirl
Having read some comments on this site, I've come to the conclusion that 95% of posters are male, balding, fat, bad mouthed and have a severe lack of respect for dogs.
One speaks of trying to breed a Lab with a Spaniel to see what you get?!!!!
They do not seem to understand that Labradoodles came about by trying to make an assistance dog breed. NOT a gundog/hunting dog breed.
Just take these comments with a pinch of salt and be glad they are not Doodle lovers.
Who needs that lot?!!

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 18:30
by Lorraine82
Haha, I totally agree with everything you've said. They sound like they clearly have no idea what they are talking about. I just came about the website by chance and couldnt believe what I was reading! How a labraddoodle ripped another dog open and they are so vicious...yeah right. They just see everyone/everything as a friend :lol:

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 19:05
by MalcolmW
Some Labradoodles are not perfect - I trust Lottie, but Ruby can be a bit aggressive wth toys. She is getting better as she matures (and is getting bullied by my new Mini Schnauzer!), but I stll watch her carefully/

Seeing how puppy farms and BYB are churning out Labradoodles, some wll have bad temperaments - and with their size. they could do serous damage to other dogs. I have not met amy bad tempered Labradoodles (just some mad ones), but the temperaments of quite a few Labradors I have met are questionable. If they are bred to produce Labradoodles, then you could get some dodgy tempered pups

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 20:28
by sammylou
The comments on the site are totaly ignorant.
However, sadly, in the last week i have met 2 Standard labradoodles that were very aggressive towards Herbert :( One even tried to stand infront of me so that H couldnt get to me (H was off lead) :( , this dog was 2y old, has NEVER been off the lead since a pup, has never been to training classes and is still entire :shock: . The other was just out right agressive towards me and H, owner commented " I think i ought to get him a muzzle", again no training etc and entire.

He was even had a go at by a dog at the New forest Labradoodle trust show, he was so frightened he tried to get away, shot sideways and broke the guy rope off Jo's (parker) gazebo :( :oops:

On the otherhand, i met approx 30 very friendly Labradoodles on the beach at wittering when H was a small pup.
So although the majority of Doods are lovely there are some out there that are not.

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 20:35
by amber
Unfortunately you are always going to get a proportion of ignorant and aggressive human beings. In my world animals are superior by far.
I hope we never come into contant with people of this mentality, and I pity the poor animals that do :cry:

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 20:50
by blueboysgirl
MalcolmW wrote:Some Labradoodles are not perfect - I trust Lottie, but Ruby can be a bit aggressive wth toys. She is getting better as she matures (and is getting bullied by my new Mini Schnauzer!), but I stll watch her carefully/

Seeing how puppy farms and BYB are churning out Labradoodles, some wll have bad temperaments - and with their size. they could do serous damage to other dogs. I have not met amy bad tempered Labradoodles (just some mad ones), but the temperaments of quite a few Labradors I have met are questionable. If they are bred to produce Labradoodles, then you could get some dodgy tempered pups
sammylou wrote:The comments on the site are totaly ignorant.
However, sadly, in the last week i have met 2 Standard labradoodles that were very aggressive towards Herbert :( One even tried to stand infront of me so that H couldnt get to me (H was off lead) :( , this dog was 2y old, has NEVER been off the lead since a pup, has never been to training classes and is still entire :shock: . The other was just out right agressive towards me and H, owner commented " I think i ought to get him a muzzle", again no training etc and entire.

He was even had a go at by a dog at the New forest Labradoodle trust show, he was so frightened he tried to get away, shot sideways and broke the guy rope off Jo's (parker) gazebo :( :oops:

On the otherhand, i met approx 30 very friendly Labradoodles on the beach at wittering when H was a small pup.
So although the majority of Doods are lovely there are some out there that are not.
Again, Human error and ignorance about the potential of a big dog will unfortunately make the news about an "agressive" dog. No dog, if treated and trained with respect should be a danger if handled correctly. :D

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 21:28
by MrsAdmin
You are quite right. Sadly good news about well trained, happy and sociable Doodles is not interesting news, whereas dog attacks on other dogs or humans, preferably with plenty of blood or someone killed or in hospital, seems to be all the media are interested in :cry: :evil:

Badly trained or brutalised dogs, of any breed, can be dangerous in the wrong circumstances. It is our responsibility as owners to make sure our dogs are a benefit to people, not the reverse.

You could say that these people with big mouths are probably in direct opposition to the size of the rest of their anatomy and brain. Plainly haven't a clue about dogs. :roll:

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 22:27
by Woo
I used to think that all labradoodles were friendly, however I have come to learn that is not true. Like in any breed you get more dominant labradoodles that like to try and laud it over other dogs.

Unfortunately I am currently battling with Fib who I am finding when on the lead is growling at other dogs :shock: I don't know why he does this as he only started doing it when he was about 2yrs old, up until then he showed no signs of aggression. He is well socialized, well trained, goes on long walks etc etc I am at a loss. So even my gorgeous Fib has a little bit of wolf in him!

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 14 Aug 2010, 22:49
by amber
Those comments in that forum are generalisations.
They're not exactly intelligent, well thought out dissertations on Labradoodles, from people who know the breed; which I think is the point the poster of this thread is making.

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 15 Aug 2010, 01:33
by Liz!
Well, what I say is, just look at the address of their website. That's clearly what they all are.

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 15 Aug 2010, 01:35
by amber
Liz! wrote:Well, what I say is, just look at the address of their website. That's clearly what they all are.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 15 Aug 2010, 08:15
by lizziesmum
Woo....Is Fib defending you?It sounds like it to me.At around 2 Lizzie did something similar towards teenagers and I was told that she was defending me and to be sure she started to understand that Im the pack leader and didnt need defending. Lizzie did stop it, she still stays a little to close to me even now,at 4yrs old,it looks good but I think she still likes to check that Im ok,good luck with Fib.Freda

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 15 Aug 2010, 09:00
by Woo
lizziesmum wrote:Woo....Is Fib defending you?It sounds like it to me.At around 2 Lizzie did something similar towards teenagers and I was told that she was defending me and to be sure she started to understand that Im the pack leader and didnt need defending. Lizzie did stop it, she still stays a little to close to me even now,at 4yrs old,it looks good but I think she still likes to check that Im ok,good luck with Fib.Freda
Thanks for your advice :wink:
He is fine when off lead, even if I am patting the other dogs. It started with pups and now it is any dog he stops and greets when on the lead, which usually isn't a problem until I go to a dog show.
I have a couple of things to try before I give up going to dog shows!

Re: Quite shocked at these comments

Posted: 15 Aug 2010, 09:19
by Barneyboy
MrsAdmin wrote: Badly trained or brutalised dogs, of any breed, can be dangerous in the wrong circumstances. It is our responsibility as owners to make sure our dogs are a benefit to people, not the reverse.
It doesn't have to be 'bad training' or 'brutalisation' to make an aggressive dog - most dogs are aggressive through fear, and that fear can come from lack of socialisation - i.e. doing nothing rather than doing it badly.