We had a lovely surprise today (and photos).....

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
KateW

We had a lovely surprise today (and photos).....

Post by KateW » 23 Aug 2010, 20:17

Rufus was enjoying a good nap after his long beach walk and I was chatting to a friend in my bookshop this afternoon when a vaguely familiar and elegant blonde came in; I glanced over the road and saw a very big and beautiful labradoodle. The blonde was Jan aka Groover, the doodle was Herbie aka Wild Thing on his hols from Glasgow (oh and of course Jan's OH, "the hippy", was at the other end of Herbie's lead). For those new members who may not be familiar with Herbie, Jan used to keep us all in fits of hysterical laughter as she described his training and day to day antics. Here is one of my favourite threads, well worth a read

http://www.labradoodle.org.uk/forum/vie ... 6&start=15

Anyway, I broke my own golden rule and woke a sleeping dog so Rufus could meet Herbie. When asked if he'd like to meet a big doodle, he couldn't wait. Here they are; Rufus is on the left

Posing for the camera (or maybe sprats)

Jan, her OH and both dogs

And apologies to "the hippy" for cutting off his head, but the other three are smiling nicely for the photo

It was so lovely to meet our virtual friends from Scotland after all this time (memo to self; try not to leave hair unwashed on the basis that it is going to rain and try to change sandy beach clothes upon return from the beach) but I was a bit disappointed with Herbie. Yes, he is beautiful ( a very big boy) and very sweet but he was also incredibly well behaved :lol:

Katherine
ImageImage

MariaCarter

Re: We had a lovely surprise today (and photos).....

Post by MariaCarter » 23 Aug 2010, 21:35

I'm glad you had a nice surprise and that thread was wonderful. Just like many of the first time readers I was crying with laughter at Herbie's antics. Whilst of course remembering Maddy's puppy classes.

Maria

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 23 Aug 2010, 22:18

I remember Herbie's puppy classes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack was a tiny pup then and I did wonder what was to come... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Then we got Becky and met a kindred spirit :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 23 Aug 2010, 23:01

Sorry Katherine, I am a bit in my own world at the minute....

but Oh WOW :P Thats fantastic Katherine.....meeting the amazing Wild Thing :lol:

I bet Rufus loved it....brilliant just brilliant :D
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Lissy

Post by Lissy » 23 Aug 2010, 23:12

Thanks for posting the link Katherine as I wasn't around for the original!

It made me laugh so much :D :D TOtally lovely looking pair in the photos. :D

groover

Post by groover » 23 Aug 2010, 23:43

Hi Kathrine

It was lovely to meet you and Rufus today, although i couldn't believe you rumbled me so quickly :shock: (move over Miss Marple :lol: )
there was me trying to sneak up on you and there was you spotting and recognising wild thing in under 60 seconds. (i had a whole speech planned to) :lol:

thanks for not mentioning that i actually visited the wrong shop (4 doors from yours) on Saturday and left a message for the owners that friends from Glasgow had paid them a surprise visit. (they will be trying to work out who those friends were for a long time :lol: :lol: )

also thanks for posting that link to wild Things training posts. i had forgotten what a joy he was as a puppy :shock: :lol: :lol:

hope to see you again very very soon

Jan, Herbie and the Hippie

xxx

in a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog

Glitterbug

Post by Glitterbug » 24 Aug 2010, 09:07

Thanks Katherine for this great post. It gave us newbies many laughs I am sure. Piet was looking at me very strangely when I was reading the puppy classes thread and had tears running down my face :lol: :lol: :lol: I especially love the greeting the trainers over the table :lol: :lol: I too had the Chariots of Fire theme playing in my head and was willing Herbie to do a prefect recall :D :D :D
I thought my biy was disruptive but nothing compared to Herbie!

What a gorgeous pic too. Bet the lovely Rufus was happy to be woken from his snooze :D :D
ImageImageImageImage

KateW

Post by KateW » 24 Aug 2010, 11:27

Yes, Rufus was very pleased to be woken to meet Herbie :D And he had a lovely dream about his happy day later with lots of little yaps and twitches.....

Hope you have a lovely last day of your holiday, Jan; beautiful sunny day here and a safe journey home....

Katherine
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 24 Aug 2010, 11:34

Have you seen Herbie's holiday snaps on Doodle Post Katherine?

They are brilliant and his writing hilarious :lol:

http://www.doodletimes.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=15341
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 24 Aug 2010, 19:42

Thank you so much for this, Katherine, it made my day!!.

I read the link this morning and was late for an appointment as I simply had to keep reading! It reminded me so much of Polo's first proper training class, after KC Foundation Puppy class, at a similar age. What I am now worried about is that I have booked him in for agility classes starting in 4 weeks.... but he is more mature (?) now!!

Please don't take offence as none intended, but I am intrigued as to how you find these links... as you own a bookshop is it second nature to catergorise and file them away? (a bit like "Friends" titles: the one about...[I only know this as I bought my daughter the boxed set!] or do you just have a fantastic memory and use search??)

KateW

Post by KateW » 25 Aug 2010, 13:06

gilly g wrote:Thank you so much for this, Katherine, it made my day!!.

I read the link this morning and was late for an appointment as I simply had to keep reading! It reminded me so much of Polo's first proper training class, after KC Foundation Puppy class, at a similar age. What I am now worried about is that I have booked him in for agility classes starting in 4 weeks.... but he is more mature (?) now!!

Please don't take offence as none intended, but I am intrigued as to how you find these links... as you own a bookshop is it second nature to catergorise and file them away? (a bit like "Friends" titles: the one about...[I only know this as I bought my daughter the boxed set!] or do you just have a fantastic memory and use search??)
I'm glad you enjoyed the link :D I do have quite a good memory; when I was young it was very nearly photographic and I am one of those annoying people who can recall conversations word for word from decades ago (sometimes a mixed blessing :roll: ). The search function isn't really working on here at the moment so to find this one, I simply looked up Jan's profile, then found her posts and remembered this one..... Usually if I want to find more recent links that have interested me, I just visualise the name of the original poster and look at their profile.

Katherine
ImageImage

amber

Post by amber » 25 Aug 2010, 14:42

Aww A lovely surprise for all :D