Which dry complete?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
blueboysgirl

Re: Which dry complete?

Post by blueboysgirl » 29 Sep 2010, 22:31

Okay, think I've sussed it........
Need a pill to stop my head spinning with all that info though!!!

What a complicated business!!
Much easier with kids! :lol:

Claire
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

Poll J

Post by Poll J » 29 Sep 2010, 23:05

blueboysgirl wrote: although I'm disappointed that my James Wellbeloved was on the hate list ( :?: )
Apparently they've changed the ingredients in James Wellbeloved so it's now not as good as it used to be. We always gave it to our previous dog, but it was awful for Douglas. We then went to Orijen, but our trainer thought it was too high in protein and might've been affecting his behaviour, so we changed to Burns, which seems to suit him. Please don't anyone shout about Orijen :D - to be honest I don't think it had the slightest effect on his behaviour - he's still bonkers :roll: But now he's on Burns we'll stick with it.

trinared

Post by trinared » 30 Sep 2010, 12:30

Just a quick extra note about wet foods -

Wainrights trays are 60-65% meat depending on the variety
Pets at Home Deli range trays (not pouches) are also 60% meat and Marley loves these as they have tripe in them.
Marley and Duffy

Ben

Post by Ben » 30 Sep 2010, 19:15

Also... Berrieswood do a 4x18 box for £41 on NaturesDiet

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 30 Sep 2010, 19:20

Ben wrote:Also... Berrieswood do a 4x18 box for £41 on NaturesDiet
WOW!! Just found thir site, amazing value on there and great choice of food. Thanks for that. I've saved it to my favourites
Claire
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

lizzie tb

Post by lizzie tb » 02 Oct 2010, 14:19

I think you have to go with what suits your pet and your pocket.
On a serious note, I got some free packets once and my two loved it. I bought a bigger bag and then I began to notice a change in their behaviour, they became more aggressive and even more excitable and actually jumped up at a child and knocked the toddler over. I was mortified.
I rang my breeders to ask their advice and they too had had problems with the food. I rapidly changed back to Royal Canin and they quickly went back to normal.
The lesson learnt was that a change in food can influence their behaviour, I had no idea until then.
Since then I've swopped to Orijen and it suits them beautfully, both Toby's delicate tum and Bertie's bounciness. I honestly don't think the high protein content affects them at all. (Bertie would the same no matter what he ate)