Ok ...... Remind me!

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
Bid

Ok ...... Remind me!

Post by Bid » 23 Oct 2010, 10:42

My new puppy was born this week! I'm so excited!

But ...... I've just read the Good morning thread, and those early mornings are coming back to haunt me! So - all you people with your new puppies - remind me of all the joys I have to come, that I had forgotten now my girls are grown ups! :lol: :lol:

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Littleoaks

Re: Ok ...... Remind me!

Post by Littleoaks » 23 Oct 2010, 10:58

Ah, Bid, I think you mean the hanging off your dressing gown and the tripping you up in the excitement of seeing how far up you they can jump, can they reach to nibble your hands yet?

Or do you mean the crazy doodle dashing when you have just made a very hot of cup of tea to try and wake yourself up at stupid o'clock and they come and land on your lap, thinking they are a Yorkshire Terrier and then you have very hot dripping tea all over you but not all over them as they have already moved on to cause destruction somewhere else?

Or do you mean that by the time you have adjusted to the fact that it is morning when the rest of the world is sleeping, you are picking up poo and serving up the delights of raw meat?

Or that by the time breakfast is finished, poo shovelling is done, remains of cup of tea is drunk and your are about to get dressed, the little darling is curled up, fast allseep snoozing and looking like butter wouldn't melt...

Have to say, Truffle wasn't too bad in the very young puppy days but, woah, five and a bit months is a testing time, teenage years have arrived early for us I'm afraid!

Anyway, good luck with it all, what colour is your puppy? 3 doodles, how fantastic, I am very jealous as I would love another one, just need it to be the right time for us and Truffle)

Image Image

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 23 Oct 2010, 10:59

OMG when did I miss hearing you were getting a new puppy :shock: (mind you after reading the 'demented doodle owner' post maybe you won't be suprised).
Congratulations, I hope we are going to get all the daily details of the fun and games :)
I'm sure I recognise the puppies mummy - the black head is definately memorable. :)
They look so yummy I would be jumping up and down in excitement too. Do you know which one is going to be yours :?:
Sharron and Archie

SBW2009

Post by SBW2009 » 23 Oct 2010, 11:06

Lol!
However you do have other dogs which will make it easier!

Ades Girl

Post by Ades Girl » 23 Oct 2010, 11:16

Awww...spotty Doodles!!! Didn't realise they came in those colours (I have a lot to learn!) How gorgeous!
Good luck when your latest arrives home :)
If I have learnt anything in the last two weeks, it would be
1. Don't buy a towelling bath robe - gives Boo far too much leverage during her early morning bounce :lol: , and
2. Next time around, I'd have my new pup arrive in, say, May... How much more pleasant (?!?!) the 6am poop run must be at that time of year :shock: :wink: , and
3. Never forget to put on slippers before opening the cage. Don't think I'll ever be partial to standing in warm puddles, or to having my toe nails nibbled.

Still, as your an old hand at all his, I'm sure it'll all come flooding back at an alarming rate :D

watto

Post by watto » 23 Oct 2010, 11:21

Hang on, what did I miss?? What new puppy??

You lucky duck, Bid! Can't wait to hear all about him/her :D

Jo

tynkerbelluk

Post by tynkerbelluk » 23 Oct 2010, 11:26

watto wrote:Hang on, what did I miss?? What new puppy??

You lucky duck, Bid! Can't wait to hear all about him/her :D

Jo
Thought I was the only one not in one the secret :)
Sharron and Archie

Clairejen

Post by Clairejen » 23 Oct 2010, 11:33

Wonderful news, which of the gorgeous bundles is yours?
Claire
slave of Leon & Sally
Image Image

linny

Post by linny » 23 Oct 2010, 11:43

Well you certainly kept that quiet Bid....does "him in doors" know :?: :?: thought he had firmly put a foot down :lol: :lol:
Are you going to have a boy Dood this time? and which parti popper is it....they are all so gorgeous :D :D

I can't remind you about the puppy days, it's a bit like childbirth...you tend to forget all the hard work :lol:

Bid

Post by Bid » 23 Oct 2010, 12:11

Lol - no-one has missed out on any secrets! I didn't want to count my chickens before they hatched - there might not have been a girl for me! I don't know which little pup will be coming here - it will be a girl and a choccy merle one, - we don't want any comparisons being made with other chocolate girlies do we!

Linny I had thought about a boy, but the behaviourist I spoke to who has met Daze & Pops suggested that I would need a very very strong minded boy to live happily with Daisy, and tbh that sounded like trouble to me!

Him indoors is resigned, and will love her whoever she is, once she wriggles her little way onto his lap and snuffles in his beard! :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Madeleine

Post by Madeleine » 23 Oct 2010, 12:13

What terrific news !
I'm a real jelly belly now.
just love puppies - they have a certain smell about them
which is gorgeous want to cuddle them all day.
Looking forward to the posts about him/her.
All i remember is being totally besotted and laughing alot.
Teeth marks come to mind - I was asked if I self harmed by a
rather concerned lady !!
ImageImage

Mica1971

Post by Mica1971 » 23 Oct 2010, 12:19

Oh wow Bid! How did you manage to keep that a secret? I'd have been bursting to tell. I've just checked Debbie's website (there was no mistaking the breeder there! :lol: ), aren't mum and dad just the most gorgeous dogs ever? Also nice to see photos of how the first generation of Marbles have turned out. Can't wait to see more photos and how your little one grows. Have you thought of a name?

Keep the photos coming!

PS - edited because in my excitement the spelling was terrible! :lol:
Last edited by Mica1971 on 23 Oct 2010, 12:29, edited 3 times in total.

'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

linny

Post by linny » 23 Oct 2010, 12:28

:D :D :D :D :D I'm really ,really , pleased and very very jealous :lol: :lol:
Shame it's not a boy though.
Will look forward to seeing all the pics :) ....such a lot of sleeps before she comes home. :roll:

linny

Post by linny » 23 Oct 2010, 12:31

Madeleine wrote:Teeth marks come to mind - I was asked if I self harmed by a
rather concerned lady !!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tillytubbie

Post by tillytubbie » 23 Oct 2010, 13:26

I'm very jealous ... how I' love another dood :(
Image Image Image