Can I bore you?

General discussion on all labradoodle-related matters - anything not otherwise covered by specific forums on the site.
tynkerbelluk

Re: Can I bore you?

Post by tynkerbelluk » 11 Nov 2010, 00:58

They seem to have got so much bigger in just a few days :) Are you erring towards one or the other yet (even if you don't tell us which one :lol: )
Has the one without the patch got two white back socks as well as her two front ones :?: I don't think I could chose between them they are so beautiful. I hope we get to see how some of them look when they're older. Maybe their new owners will join UKLA :)
Do keep those photos coming their colours are showing more each time :)
Sharron and Archie

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Nov 2010, 01:04

I really don't mind which one comes to live here - they are both beautiful, but it is early days yet - their characters haven't come to the forefront yet as far as I can tell :? . One thing though - when I met them, none of the names on my shortlist seemed right :roll: . OH says that the name will come to me when she comes home - I hope he's right. I do remember that I had a few names in mind for Poppy, and when I went through them, her breeder was very much in favour of Poppy, and that swung it for me. How did everyone else decide on a name?
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Clare

Post by Clare » 11 Nov 2010, 09:03

I was wondering what how one would describe their breed when people ask what they are? They are lovely looking, I like the one without the patch if I was choosing one. Will they fade like lots of doodles do?

Clare and Pebbles

gillwightman

Post by gillwightman » 11 Nov 2010, 09:29

Bid wrote:I really don't mind which one comes to live here - they are both beautiful, but it is early days yet - their characters haven't come to the forefront yet as far as I can tell :? . One thing though - when I met them, none of the names on my shortlist seemed right :roll: . OH says that the name will come to me when she comes home - I hope he's right. I do remember that I had a few names in mind for Poppy, and when I went through them, her breeder was very much in favour of Poppy, and that swung it for me. How did everyone else decide on a name?

my boys asked their friends on facebook, my niece suggested Archie, it was a toss between that and Alfie, but so glad we choose Archie, its perfect. His breeder hated it, she preferred the original Max but that didn't feel original enough!
[url]

blueboysgirl

Post by blueboysgirl » 11 Nov 2010, 09:45

gillwightman wrote:
Bid wrote:I really don't mind which one comes to live here - they are both beautiful, but it is early days yet - their characters haven't come to the forefront yet as far as I can tell :? . One thing though - when I met them, none of the names on my shortlist seemed right :roll: . OH says that the name will come to me when she comes home - I hope he's right. I do remember that I had a few names in mind for Poppy, and when I went through them, her breeder was very much in favour of Poppy, and that swung it for me. How did everyone else decide on a name?

my boys asked their friends on facebook, my niece suggested Archie, it was a toss between that and Alfie, but so glad we choose Archie, its perfect. His breeder hated it, she preferred the original Max but that didn't feel original enough!
Gill, I had the same reaction from my breeder!!!!
We'd decided on Bruno or Baxter. (I chose Baxter, hubby chose Bruno as he loves boxing) We did have the luxury that you didn't of visiting him several times before he was ready to go home, and although I love the name Baxter, it always sounded silly when I picked him up for a cuddle!!
The breeder loved the name Baxter and hated Bruno.
He always suited Bruno, proudly named after Frank Bruno, and he still certainly does!!!!
If I get another dog, I'd call him Lennox or Henry, or Cooper. :lol: I also love the name Tyson, but probably not a great choice for a large enthusiastic dog!! :lol:

Isn't it funny how at still just a few weeks old, the way they are, deternimes a name so early?
Claire and Bruno
ImageImage

Clair&Bob

Post by Clair&Bob » 11 Nov 2010, 10:11

I wanted both my boys to be Bobby but hubby wouldn't allow Bobby Beswick!! I got my own way in the end ........!!

Clair
Clair & Bob

Pippin

Post by Pippin » 11 Nov 2010, 10:47

With Pippin everyone in the family had a different idea of what to call her and we couldn't come to any decisions so put everyone's suggestion into a hat and pulled Pippin out, Pippin was my youngest son's choice (my choice was Bella) as he loved the children's programme Come Outside with Aunt Mabel & Pippin.

When we got Bella, I was still smitten on the name Bella for a Black Doodle but also tempted with Mabel as that would make some sense but the rest of the family felt that Bella was good and it turned out that there were many Bella's in her pedigree already which was spooky.

This time round I don't know OH is saying that he and eldest son should choose this time but so far he has only come up with Alfonso, we will be keeping a girl! :?

The puppies are beautiful but I'm kind of drawn to the one with the fancy nose, looks like she's got a little love heart going on there. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Puppies should be warm clean and well, walk away if they are not.

http://www.dashingdoodles.co.uk/

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Nov 2010, 11:39

Clare wrote:I was wondering what how one would describe their breed when people ask what they are?
Well, people still refer to the ASDs as labradoodles, even though they have a right old mix in there, so I guess these could still be called labradoodles. We are still referring to our girl in the abstract as " THe Bog Woppit" :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

sammylou

Post by sammylou » 11 Nov 2010, 12:11

I personaly Love 'bog woppit!' its cute. I was thinking an annagram of bog woppit, but the only thing i could think of was petal, which isnt even in there, but there you go.

We already knew that when we got a dog it would be called Herbert, but when we saw the litter 'Teddy' came up too. he chose us and he certainly was a 'Herbert' and every one who meets him say his name suits him perfectly. For our next dog we have the name 'Sherman', but i wonder if it will stick.
Sam, Herbert Doodle and Ted pest
ImageImage

linny

Post by linny » 11 Nov 2010, 12:47

Ambrose was originally named Trueman, but after the first couple of days we loved him so much :) ...... he truly was a gift from the Gods and so we called him Ambrose.
Huggy had another name when he arrived but he was a huge hairy monster of a dog and was called the Huggy Monster from day one.
I think a name just falls into place after a day or two of living with them.
We once took in a stray cat who ended up being called "Fing" shortened and changed slightly from "Bloody thing"..... a name given to him by most of the neighbours when he was living wild......he used to climb through any open window to steal food. :roll: :roll:

Polaca

Post by Polaca » 11 Nov 2010, 13:12

I had two names in mind before we got her, Sadie and Tillie, husband liked Sadie best and so did rest of family so that's who she is :D
P.S Those puppies are Gorgeous which ever one you choose or chooses you :wink:

chris'n'ron

Post by chris'n'ron » 11 Nov 2010, 13:22

Ooh! such beautiful adorable puppies. I do think when you get your puppy home a name will just jump out at you. Character, colouring, temperament etc will all combine into that special name. We didn't have the privilege of naming Treacle, she came to us at 2 1/2 years of age. I didn't fancy the name at first (couldn't image OH out and about calling for "Treacle"!! Anyway, being Scottish, I trolled through literally hundreds of traditional names and nothing seemed to suit. Maybe because I had those beautiful brown eyes looking up at me, saw that beautiful rich brown shiny coat, and the beautiful sooo sweeeet nature. Yes, Treacle it had to stay and I have to say everybody we meet agrees, albeit with a smile. AND hubby doesn't mind calling her name either - maybe because 'Honey' was on the short list do you think!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TREACLE

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 11 Nov 2010, 13:29

Treacle does really suit her name :P .

It's tricky with names. Jack got his because one of the first people to meet him was my niece, who called him Blackjack because he 'was so sweet' and I find Jack a great name to shout in an emergency because it's short and sharp so penetrates the mist when he's 'off on one'.

Becky came with her name. We looked to change it and I wanted Jill (because I could call her Jilly and her curls reminded me of Jilly Cooper) but Mum and Hubbie vetoed it as Jack & Jill would be naff :oops: She had a few confusing days of having a variety of names thrown at her but none worked so Becky she remained, although mostly called Beccles. She hasn't got a clue what her name is really and doesn't answer to anything :roll:

Bog Woppit will always be your lovely girl's name Bid so you will just have to accept it's a done deal :lol: :lol: It is very loving and cute, just like I am sure she will turn out to be. :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 11 Nov 2010, 13:41

I'm afraid you may be right MrsA! Poppy was Babygirl for so long, before she became Poppy (or Parpy :lol: ), that she is still called Babygirl at home.

I have always wanted to call a dog Hebe, and may yet do, but I am not convinced yet that either of these little girls is a Hebe - we'll just have to wait and see.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk

chris'n'ron

Post by chris'n'ron » 11 Nov 2010, 13:45

I do like short sharp names too as yes in an emergency the tone of voice seems to get through easier. However, whenever Treacle goes off on one we shout 'here' and she usually stops dead in her tracks. I think these last few weeks she probably thinks her name IS Here :P

TREACLE